95 TAURUS-GL 3.8 -Oil pan Removal without removing exhaust system, possible ?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2005, 15:01   #1 (permalink)
SQUIRE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
95 TAURUS-GL 3.8 -Oil pan Removal without removing exhaust system, possible ??

For a 95 TAURUS-GL 3.8 liter with rusty, leaky oil pan;
Does anyone know if it is possible to remove Oil pan without removing
exhaust system ??

e.g. Can engine be hoisted up enough to get enough clearance to drop oil
pan without removing exhaust system ??
If so what mounts need to be unbolted?

Thanks for any feedback.......


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-16-2005, 08:01   #2 (permalink)
Al Bundy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 95 TAURUS-GL 3.8 -Oil pan Removal without removing exhaust system, possible ??

Sorry I can't answer your direct question.
I am only adding that you should be very sure that it is not the rear
main seal that is causing the leak. Clean the pan off real well and
look up with the engine running or shortly after running it. The rear
seal is a notorious problem and you would be removing the engine to fix
that.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 02:01   #3 (permalink)
SQUIRE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 95 TAURUS-GL 3.8 -Oil pan Removal without removing exhaust system, possible ??

NO, pan is rusted out with pinhole leak, seal is fine....

If anyone knows if engine can be hoisted high enough to clear exhaust and
get pan out, I would appreciate it.


"Al Bundy" <MSfortune@mcpmail.com> wrote in message
news:1129472723.632104.311450@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Sorry I can't answer your direct question.
> I am only adding that you should be very sure that it is not the rear
> main seal that is causing the leak. Clean the pan off real well and
> look up with the engine running or shortly after running it. The rear
> seal is a notorious problem and you would be removing the engine to fix
> that.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 05:01   #4 (permalink)
Tom Adkins
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 95 TAURUS-GL 3.8 -Oil pan Removal without removing exhaust system,possible ??

SQUIRE wrote:
> NO, pan is rusted out with pinhole leak, seal is fine....
>
> If anyone knows if engine can be hoisted high enough to clear exhaust and
> get pan out, I would appreciate it.
>
>
> "Al Bundy" <MSfortune@mcpmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1129472723.632104.311450@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
>>Sorry I can't answer your direct question.
>>I am only adding that you should be very sure that it is not the rear
>>main seal that is causing the leak. Clean the pan off real well and
>>look up with the engine running or shortly after running it. The rear
>>seal is a notorious problem and you would be removing the engine to fix
>>that.
>>

>
>
>

Raising the engine will raise the exhaust with it. It needs to be removed to drop
the pan. The exh manifold connections usually come right off with a little heat on
these cars. The Y-pipe outlet can get a little tricky due to rust.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 14:01   #5 (permalink)
SQUIRE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 95 TAURUS-GL 3.8 -Oil pan Removal without removing exhaust system, possible ??


"Tom Adkins" <newton5@remove.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:UO2dnZyFdZz9Gc7enZ2dnUVZ_tOdnZ2d@comcast.com...
> SQUIRE wrote:
>> NO, pan is rusted out with pinhole leak, seal is fine....
>>
>> If anyone knows if engine can be hoisted high enough to clear exhaust and
>> get pan out, I would appreciate it.
>>
>>
>> "Al Bundy" <MSfortune@mcpmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1129472723.632104.311450@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>>
>>>Sorry I can't answer your direct question.
>>>I am only adding that you should be very sure that it is not the rear
>>>main seal that is causing the leak. Clean the pan off real well and
>>>look up with the engine running or shortly after running it. The rear
>>>seal is a notorious problem and you would be removing the engine to fix
>>>that.
>>>

>>
>>
>>

> Raising the engine will raise the exhaust with it. It needs to be removed
> to drop the pan. The exh manifold connections usually come right off with
> a little heat on these cars. The Y-pipe outlet can get a little tricky due
> to rust.


THANKS A BUNCH ! That's how I'll do it !


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:21.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.