CC Deactivation Switch Fuse Rating (Recall) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 05:01   #1 (permalink)
Happy Traveler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
CC Deactivation Switch Fuse Rating (Recall)

Ford has recently been installing in-line fuses in the brake pressure switch
harness, under a recall. The recall affects only certain models (F150 and a
couple more). I have two vehicles with the same 'always hot' switch, but
mine are not covered by the recall. Don't know how Ford determined that even
with an identical design, these are less fire- prone, but I am planning to
add the in-line fuse anyway. Does anyone know if these fused jumpers are
available for sale? If not, any clue what is the rating of the in-line fuse?
(Allegedly, the switch was only designed for 1A, so it's probably not more
than that).


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2006, 08:02   #2 (permalink)
Ted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: CC Deactivation Switch Fuse Rating (Recall)

If your vehicles serial(VIN)has been run by your local dealer and no recalls
are indicated, you should be safe. However, if you ask the dealer parts
department, they may or not be inclined to sell you the recall fix parts,
one because these parts are not replacement parts and as such they could
incur a libility, and two, there are so many vehicles to fix that dealers
are only given a certain allotment of these recall parts, and may want to
reserve them for people who have received recall notices. I know that you
must be concerned, and to be safe until you can be assured that there is no
problem, simply unplug the wire to the switch and tape it to the harness.
The only effect of this will be that your cruise control will not work at
all, but it will prevent any possibility of a fire. At least you can be
safe until you get the information that you need.
"Happy Traveler" <happy_traveler@abc.net> wrote in message
news:qdqdnXspYOgkyELenZ2dnUVZ_t-dnZ2d@comcast.com...
> Ford has recently been installing in-line fuses in the brake pressure
> switch
> harness, under a recall. The recall affects only certain models (F150 and
> a
> couple more). I have two vehicles with the same 'always hot' switch, but
> mine are not covered by the recall. Don't know how Ford determined that
> even
> with an identical design, these are less fire- prone, but I am planning to
> add the in-line fuse anyway. Does anyone know if these fused jumpers are
> available for sale? If not, any clue what is the rating of the in-line
> fuse?
> (Allegedly, the switch was only designed for 1A, so it's probably not more
> than that).
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 13:01   #3 (permalink)
Ted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: CC Deactivation Switch Fuse Rating (Recall)

As an update to this, go to www.ford.com , type recall in the search box,
and follow the link to input your VIN to see if any recalls apply to it.
Actually it is not a bad idea for anyone to do this from time to time, as
recalls can affect older vehicles as well.
"Ted" <tedreaves@charter.net> wrote in message
news:blLDf.786$yM.657@fe02.lga...
> If your vehicles serial(VIN)has been run by your local dealer and no
> recalls are indicated, you should be safe. However, if you ask the
> dealer parts department, they may or not be inclined to sell you the
> recall fix parts, one because these parts are not replacement parts and as
> such they could incur a libility, and two, there are so many vehicles to
> fix that dealers are only given a certain allotment of these recall parts,
> and may want to reserve them for people who have received recall notices.
> I know that you must be concerned, and to be safe until you can be assured
> that there is no problem, simply unplug the wire to the switch and tape
> it to the harness. The only effect of this will be that your cruise
> control will not work at all, but it will prevent any possibility of a
> fire. At least you can be safe until you get the information that you
> need.
> "Happy Traveler" <happy_traveler@abc.net> wrote in message
> news:qdqdnXspYOgkyELenZ2dnUVZ_t-dnZ2d@comcast.com...
>> Ford has recently been installing in-line fuses in the brake pressure
>> switch
>> harness, under a recall. The recall affects only certain models (F150 and
>> a
>> couple more). I have two vehicles with the same 'always hot' switch, but
>> mine are not covered by the recall. Don't know how Ford determined that
>> even
>> with an identical design, these are less fire- prone, but I am planning
>> to
>> add the in-line fuse anyway. Does anyone know if these fused jumpers are
>> available for sale? If not, any clue what is the rating of the in-line
>> fuse?
>> (Allegedly, the switch was only designed for 1A, so it's probably not
>> more
>> than that).
>>
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 21:01   #4 (permalink)
JohanB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: CC Deactivation Switch Fuse Rating (Recall)

Unless they changed the recall in the last 3 months the only thing they
replace is the switch and connector

No inline fuse is installed


"Happy Traveler" <happy_traveler@abc.net> wrote in message
news:qdqdnXspYOgkyELenZ2dnUVZ_t-dnZ2d@comcast.com...
> Ford has recently been installing in-line fuses in the brake pressure

switch
> harness, under a recall. The recall affects only certain models (F150 and

a
> couple more). I have two vehicles with the same 'always hot' switch, but
> mine are not covered by the recall. Don't know how Ford determined that

even
> with an identical design, these are less fire- prone, but I am planning to
> add the in-line fuse anyway. Does anyone know if these fused jumpers are
> available for sale? If not, any clue what is the rating of the in-line

fuse?
> (Allegedly, the switch was only designed for 1A, so it's probably not more
> than that).
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 23:01   #5 (permalink)
Happy Traveler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: CC Deactivation Switch Fuse Rating (Recall)

Hmm, Ford's VP for Safety seems to be announcing the installation of an
inline fuse in their video:

http://www.ford.com/en/innovation/sa...W%2EFord%2Ecom

"JohanB" <ollieb1oREMOVE@THIScs.com> wrote in message
news:fsWDf.71$pl1.21099@news.uswest.net...
> Unless they changed the recall in the last 3 months the only thing they

replace is the switch and connector. No
> inline fuse is installed



  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 20:01   #6 (permalink)
JohanB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: CC Deactivation Switch Fuse Rating (Recall)

Maybe they did change it

In the couple of dozen I installed the kit only came with new switch,
adapter cable without fuse and binder

They stated if old connector was showing any overheating to cut old
connector and install adapter cable directly on wires




"Happy Traveler" <happy_traveler@abc.net> wrote in message
news:W6-dnaoOZLi8xX3eRVn-oA@comcast.com...
> Hmm, Ford's VP for Safety seems to be announcing the installation of an
> inline fuse in their video:
>
>

http://www.ford.com/en/innovation/sa...W%2EFord%2Ecom
>
> "JohanB" <ollieb1oREMOVE@THIScs.com> wrote in message
> news:fsWDf.71$pl1.21099@news.uswest.net...
> > Unless they changed the recall in the last 3 months the only thing they

> replace is the switch and connector. No
> > inline fuse is installed

>
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:53.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.