Congrats to Albertans! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2006, 06:01   #1 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Congrats to Albertans!

For showing the way.

--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-24-2006, 16:01   #2 (permalink)
Cosmopolite
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Congrats to Albertans!

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

> For showing the way.
>

I voted NDP. :)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 19:01   #3 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Congrats to Albertans!

Cosmopolite <anywhere@anywhen.net> wrote:

> Backyard Mechanic wrote:
>
>> For showing the way.
>>

> I voted NDP. :)
>


then I'm not talkin' to you!
;)

--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 23:01   #4 (permalink)
BradandBrooks
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Congrats to Albertans!


Ah guys, I give them one year. I'd go into it but it's way too late tonite.
In the last 50 years, 14 months(?) of PMs NOT from Quebec? It'll be short
lived.

Brad

"Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9755D853F19E6pettyfogery@207.115.17.102...
> Cosmopolite <anywhere@anywhen.net> wrote:
>
>> Backyard Mechanic wrote:
>>
>>> For showing the way.
>>>

>> I voted NDP. :)
>>

>
> then I'm not talkin' to you!
> ;)
>
> --
> Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
> you pay..DEAL with it!



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 00:01   #5 (permalink)
Jim Warman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Congrats to Albertans!

The NDP didn't even win as many seats as the Bloc Quebequois.... hardly a
shining jewel, yes?

FWIW, both the Bloc and the NDP are nothing better than vote spoilers (the
provinvial NDP government in BC couldn't even rig bingo games without
screwing the pooch). At a time when Canada needs a solid majority
government, we have a minority that can be toppled at any given event with a
simple non-confidence motion. While ones heart may be with one of these
splinter groups, we may need to vote with the greater need in mind.

FWIW, we have had a Conservative government in Alberta for many years....
our medical system is about second to none, we have travelled from deficeit
spending to having budget surpluses (this year, every man woman and child
living in the province will receive a $400 cheque), Alberta is debt free....
Alberta has no sales tax aside from the federal Gouge and Screw Tax....

Then again, looking at your posting history, I can only wonder two
things.... why are you looking at an automotive group and why did they let
you out long enough to vote????


"Cosmopolite" <anywhere@anywhen.net> wrote in messag
news:J9zBf.109842$AP5.85928@edtnps84...
> Backyard Mechanic wrote:
>
>> For showing the way.
>>

> I voted NDP. :)



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:01   #6 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Congrats to Albertans!

Well, what Harper needs to do, then, is actually WIN confidence.

Hopefully the atmosphere is not quite as shrilly polarized in Canada as
it is below border. I'd think that some in BQ seats would align with
Conservatives on specifics.. esp those who were threatened with close
races. And that should apply to several Libs, as well.

Some are saying here that the Canada vote is a warning for Republicans.
Not being an expert on Maple Leaf pol/idiots, my view is that the
situation is a little different.

Citizens sort of expect politicians to be on the take... producing
results for bribes, then covering it up by killing access to the courts
and documents is a little much, though.


"Jim Warman" <mechanic@telusplanet.net> wrote:

> The NDP didn't even win as many seats as the Bloc Quebequois....
> hardly a shining jewel, yes?
>
> FWIW, both the Bloc and the NDP are nothing better than vote spoilers
> (the provinvial NDP government in BC couldn't even rig bingo games
> without screwing the pooch). At a time when Canada needs a solid
> majority government, we have a minority that can be toppled at any
> given event with a simple non-confidence motion. While ones heart may
> be with one of these splinter groups, we may need to vote with the
> greater need in mind.
>
> FWIW, we have had a Conservative government in Alberta for many
> years.... our medical system is about second to none, we have
> travelled from deficeit spending to having budget surpluses (this
> year, every man woman and child living in the province will receive a
> $400 cheque), Alberta is debt free.... Alberta has no sales tax aside
> from the federal Gouge and Screw Tax....
>





--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 17:01   #7 (permalink)
Cosmopolite
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Congrats to Albertans!

Jim Warman wrote:
> The NDP didn't even win as many seats as the Bloc Quebequois.... hardly a
> shining jewel, yes?
>
> FWIW, both the Bloc and the NDP are nothing better than vote spoilers (the
> provinvial NDP government in BC couldn't even rig bingo games without
> screwing the pooch). At a time when Canada needs a solid majority
> government, we have a minority that can be toppled at any given event with a
> simple non-confidence motion. While ones heart may be with one of these
> splinter groups, we may need to vote with the greater need in mind.
>
> FWIW, we have had a Conservative government in Alberta for many years....
> our medical system is about second to none, we have travelled from deficeit
> spending to having budget surpluses (this year, every man woman and child
> living in the province will receive a $400 cheque), Alberta is debt free....
> Alberta has no sales tax aside from the federal Gouge and Screw Tax....
>
> Then again, looking at your posting history, I can only wonder two
> things.... why are you looking at an automotive group


Recently aquired an Aerostar.


and why did they let
> you out long enough to vote????


That right is protected by law. :)
>
>
> "Cosmopolite" <anywhere@anywhen.net> wrote in messag
> news:J9zBf.109842$AP5.85928@edtnps84...
>
>>Backyard Mechanic wrote:
>>
>>
>>>For showing the way.
>>>

>>
>>I voted NDP. :)

>

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 00:01   #8 (permalink)
Jim Warman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Congrats to Albertans!

That's my big worry... we have a minority government that needs to do some
tough stuff... I think Joe Clark is a major weiner but his minority
Conservative government came out with a "tough love" budget that would have
started us getting back on track..... It didn't take long for the vultures
to call a non-confidence motion and leave us with a bunch more years of
having a Liberal dick up our rings.

After some of the insider crap that has hit the news in the last year, I am
totally amazed that the Liberals picked up as many seats as they did. IMHO,
NDP is a waste of time... even though Tommy Douglas was the big spearhead
for medicare, this party seems to think that the only way to save the farm
is to sell it.... Bolc Quebequois is a waste of skin. How they can allow a
party that has only the interests of one province at heart into a federal
election is beyond me. Interstingly, all of Canada MUST be subject to
bilingualism... except Quebec. They are allowed to ban signs in English.


"BradandBrooks" <BradandBrooks@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:y2FBf.325572$2k.264485@pd7tw1no...
> Ah guys, I give them one year. I'd go into it but it's way too late
> tonite. In the last 50 years, 14 months(?) of PMs NOT from Quebec? It'll
> be short lived.
>
> Brad
>
> "Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns9755D853F19E6pettyfogery@207.115.17.102...
>> Cosmopolite <anywhere@anywhen.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Backyard Mechanic wrote:
>>>
>>>> For showing the way.
>>>>
>>> I voted NDP. :)
>>>

>>
>> then I'm not talkin' to you!
>> ;)
>>
>> --
>> Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
>> you pay..DEAL with it!

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 00:01   #9 (permalink)
Jim Warman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Congrats to Albertans!

Well... recently acquired an Aerostar speaks volumes on it's own...... Just
because you're old enough to vote doesn't necessarily mean you should.

I have seen this country go from having a state of the art supersonic
fighter/bomber only to chop it up for salvage..... I have seen this country
go from a dollar worth a buck seven US to a country where Canadian Tire
Bucks are starting to look good.... I have seen this country change it's
national flag to try and appease a handful of frogs....

One thing, at least... if you live in Alberta, your NDP vote didn't mean too
much.



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.