Crown Vic Problem? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 02:01   #1 (permalink)
reetrulez
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Crown Vic Problem?

im having a problem wit my 99 Crown Vic. its a police interceptor. has
102,000 miles on it. its been havin this problem since iv had it for a
little more than a year. when im driving it starts hestitating and
kind of jerking and it feels like its loosing power once i hit 40 mph
then stops once i hit around 50. i had changed the spark plugs, it
went away for a few weeks, then i changed the wires, went away for a
few days then came bak, then i changed the fuel filter, which was
partialy blocked, same thing helped for a few days then came bak.i
changed the transmission oil and filter when i got the car which was
18,000 miles ago. I as jus wondering if anyone knew what it could be
or what i can do to fix it? thanks

--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Mecur...ict141653.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=684841

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.usenet.com
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-11-2005, 03:01   #2 (permalink)
tom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Crown Vic Problem?

did you clean the throttle body??
"reetrulez" <UseLinkToEmail@AutoForumz.com> wrote in message
news:1_684841_2b47f441e6ccade84e9668ef42c28650@autoforumz.com...
> im having a problem wit my 99 Crown Vic. its a police interceptor. has
> 102,000 miles on it. its been havin this problem since iv had it for a
> little more than a year. when im driving it starts hestitating and
> kind of jerking and it feels like its loosing power once i hit 40 mph
> then stops once i hit around 50. i had changed the spark plugs, it
> went away for a few weeks, then i changed the wires, went away for a
> few days then came bak, then i changed the fuel filter, which was
> partialy blocked, same thing helped for a few days then came bak.i
> changed the transmission oil and filter when i got the car which was
> 18,000 miles ago. I as jus wondering if anyone knew what it could be
> or what i can do to fix it? thanks
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL:

http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Mecur...ict141653.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=684841
>
> Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.usenet.com



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:01   #3 (permalink)
JR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Crown Vic Problem?

check out www.crownvic.net for info and help

reetrulez wrote:

> im having a problem wit my 99 Crown Vic. its a police interceptor. has
> 102,000 miles on it. its been havin this problem since iv had it for a
> little more than a year. when im driving it starts hestitating and
> kind of jerking and it feels like its loosing power once i hit 40 mph
> then stops once i hit around 50. i had changed the spark plugs, it
> went away for a few weeks, then i changed the wires, went away for a
> few days then came bak, then i changed the fuel filter, which was
> partialy blocked, same thing helped for a few days then came bak.i
> changed the transmission oil and filter when i got the car which was
> 18,000 miles ago. I as jus wondering if anyone knew what it could be
> or what i can do to fix it? thanks
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Mecur...ict141653.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=684841
>
> Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.usenet.com


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:01   #4 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Crown Vic Problem?

Yeah... doesnt sound like that would ever happen on anything but the
CV/GM/TC apps!

Shish!

Please -reetrulez- ALSO check on there.. but when you find it, we would
appreciate it if you came back and told us.

The fact that it goes away for a few days every time you work on it is
pertinent, i think.

Have you by any chance disconnected the battery each time?

Have the codes read and see if there's anything there.

Try:

Disconnecting MAF once car's warmed up and see if it occurs
- Also if it starts and runs WORSE immediately, you have a sensor problem
other than MAF

Disconnect battery for half hour.. see if paradigm repeats.



JR <chowrunner@spamlessverizon.net> wrote in
news:434BA0BB.5DEAAE2E@spamlessverizon.net:

> check out www.crownvic.net for info and help
>
> reetrulez wrote:
>
>> im having a problem wit my 99 Crown Vic. its a police interceptor.
>> has 102,000 miles on it. its been havin this problem since iv had it
>> for a little more than a year. when im driving it starts hestitating
>> and kind of jerking and it feels like its loosing power once i hit 40
>> mph then stops once i hit around 50. i had changed the spark plugs,
>> it went away for a few weeks, then i changed the wires, went away for
>> a few days then came bak, then i changed the fuel filter, which was
>> partialy blocked, same thing helped for a few days then came bak.i
>> changed the transmission oil and filter when i got the car which was
>> 18,000 miles ago. I as jus wondering if anyone knew what it could be
>> or what i can do to fix it? thanks


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 17:01   #5 (permalink)
clemdog
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Crown Vic Problem?

more than likely you are experiencing what they call torque converter
shutter.the converter has a clutch internally and the plates become
warped.most noticable at approx. 40mph.probably can make it consistently
if you accelerate up to 45mph at a very light throttle.can also shutter on
acceleration from cruise if trans downshifts.only real repair is
replacement.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 17:01   #6 (permalink)
Mike Hunter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Crown Vic Problem?

Check with a Ford dealer. Depending on the model year some 4sp tyranny's
have a modular that goes bad and causes a shutter, as well

mike hunt


"clemdog" <mcw.tx@nospam.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:df3093dca9c098e8c393aad63c3ae2a9@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
> more than likely you are experiencing what they call torque converter
> shutter.the converter has a clutch internally and the plates become
> warped.most noticable at approx. 40mph.probably can make it consistently
> if you accelerate up to 45mph at a very light throttle.can also shutter on
> acceleration from cruise if trans downshifts.only real repair is
> replacement.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 00:01   #7 (permalink)
Happy Traveler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Crown Vic Problem?

If you meant 'modulator', there is none on the 4R70W transmission used on
CVs since the mid 90's. Computer controlled transmissions like this one
don't need to sense manifold pressure, because this information (and a lot
more) is available to the computer.

"Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@mailcity.com> wrote in message
news:LZOdnaP8wb3Zo9HeUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> Check with a Ford dealer. Depending on the model year some 4sp tyranny's
> have a modular that goes bad and causes a shutter, as well
>
> mike hunt



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:01   #8 (permalink)
tom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Crown Vic Problem?

actually, what mike was referring to is the torque converter lockup solenoid
"Happy Traveler" <happy@nospam.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:sM2dnQZlycKmcNDeRVn-tQ@comcast.com...
> If you meant 'modulator', there is none on the 4R70W transmission used on
> CVs since the mid 90's. Computer controlled transmissions like this one
> don't need to sense manifold pressure, because this information (and a lot
> more) is available to the computer.
>
> "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@mailcity.com> wrote in message
> news:LZOdnaP8wb3Zo9HeUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> > Check with a Ford dealer. Depending on the model year some 4sp

tyranny's
> > have a modular that goes bad and causes a shutter, as well
> >
> > mike hunt

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:01   #9 (permalink)
reetrulez
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: Crown Vic Problem?

"" wrote:
> actually, what mike was referring to is the torque converter
> lockup solenoid
> "Happy Traveler" <happy@nospam.comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:sM2dnQZlycKmcNDeRVn-tQ@comcast.com...
> > If you meant 'modulator', there is none on the 4R70W

> transmission used on
> > CVs since the mid 90's. Computer controlled transmissions

> like this one
> > don't need to sense manifold pressure, because this

> information (and a lot
> > more) is available to the computer.
> >
> > "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@mailcity.com> wrote in message
> > news:LZOdnaP8wb3Zo9HeUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> > > Check with a Ford dealer. Depending on the model year

> some 4sp
> tyranny's
> > > have a modular that goes bad and causes a shutter, as well
> > >
> > > mike hunt

> >
> >


actually my cousin told me he had almost the same problem with his 92
crown vic, he said he cleaned the EGR sensor and his car ran fine. i
think i were to clean that and the MAR sensor. yall think that could
possibilly be a problem?

--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Crown-Vic-...ict141653.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=687262
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:01   #10 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: Crown Vic Problem?

reetrulez <UseLinkToEmail@www.autoforumz.com> wrote in news:687262_
29a3d1316fd42fc44c15f0ecd71b97f0@autoforumz.com:



> actually my cousin told me he had almost the same problem with his 92
> crown vic, he said he cleaned the EGR sensor and his car ran fine. i
> think i were to clean that and the MAR sensor. yall think that could
> possibilly be a problem?
>


Did you bother reading my suggestion about the MAF, retrule?

Generally these things cannot be resolved purely by thinking about it.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 19:10.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.