Early Ford 2-4's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2005, 16:01   #1 (permalink)
Pap
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Early Ford 2-4's

Ok all you 'ol timers, let me bend yur ear.

Way back in, and I'm guessing, around 1957, Ford offered from the
factory a 312(?) engine equipped car complete with an aluminum
manifold and 2 4bbls (Ford carbs). The chrome air cleaners were
round except between the carbs where they were flat sided.

Good possibility the part # for the manifold (made by Edelbroc?)
was ECG9424-B

Anybody remember anything about this setup? Or let me know of a
group or web site I might find out?

Many Thanks. Pappy.




http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-22-2005, 16:01   #2 (permalink)
trainfan1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Early Ford 2-4's

Pap wrote:
> Ok all you 'ol timers, let me bend yur ear.
>
> Way back in, and I'm guessing, around 1957, Ford offered from the
> factory a 312(?) engine equipped car complete with an aluminum
> manifold and 2 4bbls (Ford carbs). The chrome air cleaners were
> round except between the carbs where they were flat sided.
>
> Good possibility the part # for the manifold (made by Edelbroc?)
> was ECG9424-B
>
> Anybody remember anything about this setup? Or let me know of a
> group or web site I might find out?
>
> Many Thanks. Pappy.


This is the 1957 dual quad set up:

http://www.theautocollections.com/im...blue%20eng.JPG

Rob
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 19:01   #3 (permalink)
Pap
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Early Ford 2-4's


"trainfan1" <lmsearing@usdatanet.net> wrote in message
news:O8qdnXUBE-g4r67eRVn-vg@usadatanet.net...
> Pap wrote:
> > Ok all you 'ol timers, let me bend yur ear.
> >
> > Way back in, and I'm guessing, around 1957, Ford offered from

the
> > factory a 312(?) engine equipped car complete with an

aluminum
> > manifold and 2 4bbls (Ford carbs). The chrome air cleaners

were
> > round except between the carbs where they were flat sided.
> >
> > Good possibility the part # for the manifold (made by

Edelbroc?)
> > was ECG9424-B
> >
> > Anybody remember anything about this setup? Or let me know of

a
> > group or web site I might find out?
> >
> > Many Thanks. Pappy.

>
> This is the 1957 dual quad set up:
>
>

http://www.theautocollections.com/im...blue%20eng.JPG
>
> Rob


Hmmm, I can't remember the big air cleaner like that one. The one
I remember seeing were probably only 8(?) inches across and a
band with round holes in it for the air, between the top and
bottom.

Do you know of anyplace I can run that manifold part number?

Pappy




http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 21:01   #4 (permalink)
trainfan1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Early Ford 2-4's

Pap wrote:

> "trainfan1" <lmsearing@usdatanet.net> wrote in message
> news:O8qdnXUBE-g4r67eRVn-vg@usadatanet.net...
>
>>Pap wrote:
>>
>>>Ok all you 'ol timers, let me bend yur ear.
>>>
>>>Way back in, and I'm guessing, around 1957, Ford offered from

>
> the
>
>>>factory a 312(?) engine equipped car complete with an

>
> aluminum
>
>>>manifold and 2 4bbls (Ford carbs). The chrome air cleaners

>
> were
>
>>>round except between the carbs where they were flat sided.
>>>
>>>Good possibility the part # for the manifold (made by

>
> Edelbroc?)
>
>>>was ECG9424-B
>>>
>>>Anybody remember anything about this setup? Or let me know of

>
> a
>
>>>group or web site I might find out?
>>>
>>>Many Thanks. Pappy.

>>
>>This is the 1957 dual quad set up:
>>
>>

>
> http://www.theautocollections.com/im...blue%20eng.JPG
>
>>Rob

>
>
> Hmmm, I can't remember the big air cleaner like that one. The one
> I remember seeing were probably only 8(?) inches across and a
> band with round holes in it for the air, between the top and
> bottom.
>
> Do you know of anyplace I can run that manifold part number?
>
> Pappy
>


This guy may know:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4576936167

There is a number stamped on his manifold. "Ask him a question".

Or, you could go right here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4561202658


for an original Ford 9424-D Intake manifold for a 292/312 cu Y block(but
hurry - the auction ended back July 16th).

But then he relisted the set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4565535597

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4573849271


and the current one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4577124941

so all the pics are still there(along with some price reductions).

Rob


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 18:01   #5 (permalink)
Pap
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Early Ford 2-4's


"trainfan1" <lmsearing@usdatanet.net> wrote in message
news:NIWdnfVEgb2N6K7eRVn-ug@usadatanet.net...
> Pap wrote:
>
> > "trainfan1" <lmsearing@usdatanet.net> wrote in message
> > news:O8qdnXUBE-g4r67eRVn-vg@usadatanet.net...
> >
> >>Pap wrote:
> >>
> >>>Ok all you 'ol timers, let me bend yur ear.
> >>>
> >>>Way back in, and I'm guessing, around 1957, Ford offered

from
> >
> > the
> >
> >>>factory a 312(?) engine equipped car complete with an

> >
> > aluminum
> >
> >>>manifold and 2 4bbls (Ford carbs). The chrome air cleaners

> >
> > were
> >
> >>>round except between the carbs where they were flat sided.
> >>>
> >>>Good possibility the part # for the manifold (made by

> >
> > Edelbroc?)
> >
> >>>was ECG9424-B
> >>>
> >>>Anybody remember anything about this setup? Or let me know

of
> >
> > a
> >
> >>>group or web site I might find out?
> >>>
> >>>Many Thanks. Pappy.
> >>
> >>This is the 1957 dual quad set up:
> >>
> >>

> >
> >

http://www.theautocollections.com/im...blue%20eng.JPG
> >
> >>Rob

> >
> >
> > Hmmm, I can't remember the big air cleaner like that one. The

one
> > I remember seeing were probably only 8(?) inches across and a
> > band with round holes in it for the air, between the top and
> > bottom.
> >
> > Do you know of anyplace I can run that manifold part number?
> >
> > Pappy
> >

>
> This guy may know:
>
>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4576936167
>
> There is a number stamped on his manifold. "Ask him a

question".
>
> Or, you could go right here:
>
>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4561202658
>
>
> for an original Ford 9424-D Intake manifold for a 292/312 cu Y

block(but
> hurry - the auction ended back July 16th).
>
> But then he relisted the set:
>
>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4565535597
>
>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4573849271
>
>
> and the current one:
>
>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4577124941
>
> so all the pics are still there(along with some price

reductions).
>
> Rob
>


Thanks a million!

Pappy.




http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 20:01   #6 (permalink)
nospam.clare.nce@sny.der.on.ca
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Early Ford 2-4's

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:28:57 -0400, trainfan1
<lmsearing@usdatanet.net> wrote:

>Pap wrote:
>
>> "trainfan1" <lmsearing@usdatanet.net> wrote in message
>> news:O8qdnXUBE-g4r67eRVn-vg@usadatanet.net...
>>
>>>Pap wrote:
>>>
>>>>Ok all you 'ol timers, let me bend yur ear.
>>>>
>>>>Way back in, and I'm guessing, around 1957, Ford offered from

>>
>> the
>>
>>>>factory a 312(?) engine equipped car complete with an

>>
>> aluminum
>>
>>>>manifold and 2 4bbls (Ford carbs). The chrome air cleaners

>>
>> were
>>
>>>>round except between the carbs where they were flat sided.
>>>>
>>>>Good possibility the part # for the manifold (made by

>>
>> Edelbroc?)
>>
>>>>was ECG9424-B
>>>>
>>>>Anybody remember anything about this setup? Or let me know of

>>
>> a
>>
>>>>group or web site I might find out?




The 1957 Thunderbird Special 312 8v was available (Serial number code
"E" which was shared with the single 4bbl Paxon blown Supercharged
Special). Ir used 2 Holley 4bbl carbs. Model 4000, part # R1164-1a and
1164-2a if my sources are correct. Manufacturers part numbers should
be ecj-9510u and ecj-9510y Tag number ECJ-U and ECJ-Y
The single 4 bbl Thunderbird 312 used R-1164 a, ecj 9510n Tag number
ECJ-N

This was a one year only offering - 1956 had only one 312 - the
standard engine was 292 - and in 1958 the 292 was still standard, with
the 332 ans 2 versions of the 352 4bbl optional. They were all branded
"interceptor"
>>>>
>>>>Many Thanks. Pappy.
>>>
>>>This is the 1957 dual quad set up:
>>>
>>>

>>
>> http://www.theautocollections.com/im...blue%20eng.JPG
>>
>>>Rob

>>
>>
>> Hmmm, I can't remember the big air cleaner like that one. The one
>> I remember seeing were probably only 8(?) inches across and a
>> band with round holes in it for the air, between the top and
>> bottom.
>>
>> Do you know of anyplace I can run that manifold part number?
>>
>> Pappy
>>

>
>This guy may know:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4576936167
>
>There is a number stamped on his manifold. "Ask him a question".
>
>Or, you could go right here:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4561202658
>
>
>for an original Ford 9424-D Intake manifold for a 292/312 cu Y block(but
>hurry - the auction ended back July 16th).
>
>But then he relisted the set:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4565535597
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4573849271
>
>
>and the current one:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4577124941
>
>so all the pics are still there(along with some price reductions).
>
>Rob
>


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:01   #7 (permalink)
Pap
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Early Ford 2-4's

> From: nospam.clare.nce@sny.der.on.ca

> The 1957 Thunderbird Special 312 8v was available (Serial

number code
> "E" which was shared with the single 4bbl Paxon blown

Supercharged
> Special). Ir used 2 Holley 4bbl carbs. Model 4000, part #

R1164-1a and
> 1164-2a if my sources are correct. Manufacturers part numbers

should
> be ecj-9510u and ecj-9510y Tag number ECJ-U and ECJ-Y
> The single 4 bbl Thunderbird 312 used R-1164 a, ecj 9510n Tag

number
> ECJ-N
>
> This was a one year only offering - 1956 had only one 312 - the
> standard engine was 292 - and in 1958 the 292 was still

standard, with
> the 332 ans 2 versions of the 352 4bbl optional. They were all

branded
> "interceptor"


I have been drawing a blank on the following numbers, can you
help?

Aluminum manifold: ECG 9424-B

Carbs: ECJ 9510 AB List 1434

Thanks. Pappy.




http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:01   #8 (permalink)
nospam.clare.nce@sny.der.on.ca
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Early Ford 2-4's

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 09:09:19 -0500, "Pap" <thor@ineffingham.com>
wrote:

> > From: nospam.clare.nce@sny.der.on.ca

>
>> The 1957 Thunderbird Special 312 8v was available (Serial

>number code
>> "E" which was shared with the single 4bbl Paxon blown

>Supercharged
>> Special). Ir used 2 Holley 4bbl carbs. Model 4000, part #

>R1164-1a and
>> 1164-2a if my sources are correct. Manufacturers part numbers

>should
>> be ecj-9510u and ecj-9510y Tag number ECJ-U and ECJ-Y
>> The single 4 bbl Thunderbird 312 used R-1164 a, ecj 9510n Tag

>number
>> ECJ-N
>>
>> This was a one year only offering - 1956 had only one 312 - the
>> standard engine was 292 - and in 1958 the 292 was still

>standard, with
>> the 332 ans 2 versions of the 352 4bbl optional. They were all

>branded
>> "interceptor"

>
>I have been drawing a blank on the following numbers, can you
>help?
>
>Aluminum manifold: ECG 9424-B
>
>Carbs: ECJ 9510 AB List 1434
>
>Thanks. Pappy.
>
>
>


Can't help with the manifold, but the carb is from a 57 2X4 setup -
I found another listing. Should have tag# b7a 9510p.

needs a ecj 9510aa to go with it - tag # ecj-aa R 1437A

The first numbers I gave look like early '57 - and according to THIS
listing, were also available on a limited number of '56 T'Birds.
>
>http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:01   #9 (permalink)
Pap
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Early Ford 2-4's


<nospam.clare.nce@sny.der.on.ca> wrote in message
news:24saj1to2muh797u4n1iuoodjgd5h7cig2@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 09:09:19 -0500, "Pap"

<thor@ineffingham.com>
> wrote:
>
> > > From: nospam.clare.nce@sny.der.on.ca

> >
> >> The 1957 Thunderbird Special 312 8v was available (Serial

> >number code
> >> "E" which was shared with the single 4bbl Paxon blown

> >Supercharged
> >> Special). Ir used 2 Holley 4bbl carbs. Model 4000, part #

> >R1164-1a and
> >> 1164-2a if my sources are correct. Manufacturers part

numbers
> >should
> >> be ecj-9510u and ecj-9510y Tag number ECJ-U and ECJ-Y
> >> The single 4 bbl Thunderbird 312 used R-1164 a, ecj 9510n

Tag
> >number
> >> ECJ-N
> >>
> >> This was a one year only offering - 1956 had only one 312 -

the
> >> standard engine was 292 - and in 1958 the 292 was still

> >standard, with
> >> the 332 ans 2 versions of the 352 4bbl optional. They were

all
> >branded
> >> "interceptor"

> >
> >I have been drawing a blank on the following numbers, can you
> >help?
> >
> >Aluminum manifold: ECG 9424-B
> >
> >Carbs: ECJ 9510 AB List 1434
> >
> >Thanks. Pappy.
> >
> >
> >

>
> Can't help with the manifold, but the carb is from a 57 2X4

setup -
> I found another listing. Should have tag# b7a 9510p.
>
> needs a ecj 9510aa to go with it - tag # ecj-aa R 1437A
>
> The first numbers I gave look like early '57 - and according to

THIS
> listing, were also available on a limited number of '56

T'Birds.
> >


Thanks!

I've also been trying on a few Ford & Thunderbird web site
forums, but totally drawing blanks on everything so far. I'm also
trying to contact the seller of a similar system on e-bay at
"trainfan1's" suggestion, but being a new register, I have to
wait a few days.

Thanks again. Pappy.




http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.