Escape Hybrid audio system - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2005, 11:01   #1 (permalink)
Jon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Escape Hybrid audio system

I have a couple of questions about the sound system in the new hybrid
Escape:

1. Where is the CD loader for the Audiophile option located?

2. Are there any issues with the cd player skipping in cold weather? I
currently drive a 2002 Pathfinder (lease ending soon), in which the
6-cd front loader will ALWAYS skip in cold weather.

3. I had asked the dealer about the possibility of installing satellite
radio into the hybrid, and they mentioned something about having to
install some kind of switch to make it sat-ready. Then I would be able
to install the sat radio after market. Any thoughts on this?

Would appreciate any info.

Thanks.

Jon

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-16-2005, 12:01   #2 (permalink)
sleepdog@optonline.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Escape Hybrid audio system

I was looking at the Escapes recently, they are in the dash above the
center console climate controls. I'm pretty sure all the new Fords
with the 6-cd option have them in the dash above the cener console.

Check out the 6-cd in-dash players with the MP3 capability, the Escapes
have that option. You could stuff a lot of music in there.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 13:02   #3 (permalink)
Jon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Escape Hybrid audio system

Are you talking about the regular or hybrid Escapes?

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 13:02   #4 (permalink)
sleepdog@optonline.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Escape Hybrid audio system


Jon wrote:
> Are you talking about the regular or hybrid Escapes?


Both, I think the trim packages are the same with respect to the audio
options in hybrid and conventional. I test drove a hybrid with an MP3
6CD in dash player. The conventional had a regular 6CD in dash player,
but you can get the conventional with MP3 6CD.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
dold@XReXXEscap.usenet.us.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Escape Hybrid audio system

sleepdog@optonline.net wrote:
> Check out the 6-cd in-dash players with the MP3 capability, the Escapes
> have that option. You could stuff a lot of music in there.


The 2005 Escape Hybrid mach 300 6-cd in dash doesn't play MP3s.
The Owners Guide doesn't contain the word MP3.
I see mention of a single-CD player with MP3 in other Escapes on line,, but
that might have been before 2005, and doesn't seem to be available in the
Escape Hybrid.

--
---
Clarence A Dold - Hidden Valley (Lake County) CA USA 38.8,-122.5

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 15:01   #6 (permalink)
dold@XReXXEscap.usenet.us.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Escape Hybrid audio system

Jon <gs.scooter@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a couple of questions about the sound system in the new hybrid
> Escape:


There are three sound systems for the Escape Hybrid.
The standard AM/FM-6CD in dash, the MACH 300 Satellite Ready Sound System
with 6CD in dash, and the Visteon "Vehicle Navigation Radio" with the
Boston Acoustics Audiophile System and Hybrid display.

> 1. Where is the CD loader for the Audiophile option located?


The Nav system has a changer under the passenger seat. The others are
in-dash.

> 2. Are there any issues with the cd player skipping in cold weather? I
> currently drive a 2002 Pathfinder (lease ending soon), in which the
> 6-cd front loader will ALWAYS skip in cold weather.


The Mach 300 in-dash system doesn't seem to skip at all for me. "Cold" is
around 30-40 degrees. I have an annoying number of potholes in the road
near my house, and the Panasonic aftermarket CD/MP3 player in my Dodge
would skip miserably on that section of road.

> 3. I had asked the dealer about the possibility of installing satellite
> radio into the hybrid, and they mentioned something about having to
> install some kind of switch to make it sat-ready. Then I would be able
> to install the sat radio after market. Any thoughts on this?


The mach 300 has "satellite ready" built in. There is a small
behind-the-dash box that plugs into the radio head, and all of the control
is on the radio. I'm not sure about the other models. I've read that some
dealers want to install an FM-transmitter and an XM radio, instead of the
Sirius add-on. I wouldn't get an FM transmitter in any event. I use a
PIE CD-changer simulator in my Honda. www.logjamelectronics.com
I don't see one for the Escape, but I didn't try very hard. The Nav unit
might not accept one.


--
---
Clarence A Dold - Hidden Valley (Lake County) CA USA 38.8,-122.5

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:01   #7 (permalink)
dold@XReXXEscap.usenet.us.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Escape Hybrid audio system

dold@xrexxescap.usenet.us.com wrote:
> sleepdog@optonline.net wrote:
>> Check out the 6-cd in-dash players with the MP3 capability, the Escapes
>> have that option. You could stuff a lot of music in there.


> The 2005 Escape Hybrid mach 300 6-cd in dash doesn't play MP3s.
> The Owners Guide doesn't contain the word MP3.
> I see mention of a single-CD player with MP3 in other Escapes on line,, but
> that might have been before 2005, and doesn't seem to be available in the
> Escape Hybrid.


Looking through the Owners' Guides for the 2005 Escape, and the Escape
Hybrid, I see that the standard Escape has two single-CD/MP3/Sirius-Ready
radios, but those aren't available on the Escape Hybrid.
There is an "Aux" which it says is for DVD, but I suppose that could be an
aftermarket changer or some MP3 player.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp


--
---
Clarence A Dold - Hidden Valley (Lake County) CA USA 38.8,-122.5

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:01   #8 (permalink)
Jon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Escape Hybrid audio system

Thank you very much for the informative posts.

So, it sounds like that if I want to have a smooth sat radio
installation, I would need to get the Mach system, and that if I got
the Nav unit I could only go PNP. Does that sound right?

Jon

dold@XReXXEscap.usenet.us.com wrote:
> Looking through the Owners' Guides for the 2005 Escape, and the

Escape
> Hybrid, I see that the standard Escape has two

single-CD/MP3/Sirius-Ready
> radios, but those aren't available on the Escape Hybrid.
> There is an "Aux" which it says is for DVD, but I suppose that could

be an
> aftermarket changer or some MP3 player.
>
> https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp
>


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:01   #9 (permalink)
Jim Chinnis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Escape Hybrid audio system

"Jon" <gs.scooter@gmail.com> wrote in part:

>I have a couple of questions about the sound system in the new hybrid
>Escape:
>
>1. Where is the CD loader for the Audiophile option located?
>
>2. Are there any issues with the cd player skipping in cold weather? I
>currently drive a 2002 Pathfinder (lease ending soon), in which the
>6-cd front loader will ALWAYS skip in cold weather.


I have a hybrid with the nav option. The changer is under the passenger seat. (One CD can go in the in-dash part if a navigation CD isn't loaded.) I've had no skipping at all.

I didn't want the navigation system, btw, but had to take what I could get. But it turns out to be very, very useful.
--
Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA jchinnis@alum.mit.edu
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:01   #10 (permalink)
Jon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Escape Hybrid audio system

Jim Chinnis wrote:
> I have a hybrid with the nav option. The changer is under the

passenger seat. (One CD can go in the in-dash part if a navigation CD
isn't loaded.) I've had no skipping at all.
>
> I didn't want the navigation system, btw, but had to take what I

could get. But it turns out to be very, very useful.

Jim,

Thanks for the response. Have you considered getting satellite radio
installed in your vehicle? If so, how have you thought going about it?

Jon

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you think there is other life out there besides us? XRchic The Pub 130 11-15-2005 01:19
US:Ford to raise output of Escape Hybrid; company expecting higher demand Stacy94PGT Ford Worldwide News 0 09-28-2004 07:34
USA:Ford hopes to boost capacity for Escape hybrid Stacy94PGT Ford Worldwide News 0 06-04-2004 09:23
U.S.A.:Ford vehicles at the New York Auto Show Stacy94PGT Ford Worldwide News 0 04-08-2004 09:28
2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4x4 Review Stacy94PGT Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum 0 03-10-2003 09:33

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:48.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.