Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2005, 05:01   #1 (permalink)
Hank
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

2000 4X4 Ford Explorer XLS 4.0L OHV - 6 cylinders - 67,000 miles.

I am having a problem with the 4-wheel drive flashing dash light. It
blinks 6x when I start the car and thereafter a blink every minute or
so. The 4-wheel drive works so I am at a mystery as to what this
means. Can anyone help? Do you know what the flashing code means?

Thanks Hank
hakone@ptd.net

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-16-2005, 07:01   #2 (permalink)
spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

Haven't been able to find the code meanings online, try a
haynes/chilton manual, or see if you can sweet-talk your dealer into
looking it up.

Or, a little work with google might turn the trick.

Dave

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 15:01   #3 (permalink)
Steve Mackie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

Sounds like you'll need to have the codes pulled.


"Hank" <hakone@ptd.net> wrote in message
news:2b9mn1p54bs1pe6aqibccrqjteu0aqf34n@4ax.com...
> 2000 4X4 Ford Explorer XLS 4.0L OHV - 6 cylinders - 67,000 miles.
>
> I am having a problem with the 4-wheel drive flashing dash light. It
> blinks 6x when I start the car and thereafter a blink every minute or
> so. The 4-wheel drive works so I am at a mystery as to what this
> means. Can anyone help? Do you know what the flashing code means?
>
> Thanks . Hank
> hakone@ptd.net
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 17:01   #4 (permalink)
plainoldmechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

this is a little ole trick of the dealers that is basically the same as
the "change engine oil" or "maitenance required" lights . the dealer
has these installed to hopefully bring you back to their shops for
service. there are reset procedures for all of these lights, however i
am not privvy to the exact steps for the four wheel drive . try calling
the service manager at your local ford dealership and ask for the reset
procedure. i'm pretty sure that it will require no tools at all.just a
certain way you need to press the accelerator so many times or push a
couple of buttons at the same time that you turn the key on...etc.
don't let them "fool" you into thinking that you have a problem. all
they will do is drain and replace the transfer case fluid, and do a
simple oil change on the diff's.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 19:01   #5 (permalink)
johanb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

"plainoldmechanic"

Your funny..........




"plainoldmechanic" <mrk_grnr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1132187873.136176.28950@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> this is a little ole trick of the dealers that is basically the same as
> the "change engine oil" or "maitenance required" lights . the dealer
> has these installed to hopefully bring you back to their shops for
> service. there are reset procedures for all of these lights, however i
> am not privvy to the exact steps for the four wheel drive . try calling
> the service manager at your local ford dealership and ask for the reset
> procedure. i'm pretty sure that it will require no tools at all.just a
> certain way you need to press the accelerator so many times or push a
> couple of buttons at the same time that you turn the key on...etc.
> don't let them "fool" you into thinking that you have a problem. all
> they will do is drain and replace the transfer case fluid, and do a
> simple oil change on the diff's.
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 19:01   #6 (permalink)
johanb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

And I forgot.....

Paranoid


"johanb" <ollieb1oREMOVE@THIScs.com> wrote in message
news:NdSef.122$%x4.1472@news.uswest.net...
> "plainoldmechanic"
>
> Your funny..........
>
>
>
>
> "plainoldmechanic" <mrk_grnr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1132187873.136176.28950@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > this is a little ole trick of the dealers that is basically the same as
> > the "change engine oil" or "maitenance required" lights . the dealer
> > has these installed to hopefully bring you back to their shops for
> > service. there are reset procedures for all of these lights, however i
> > am not privvy to the exact steps for the four wheel drive . try calling
> > the service manager at your local ford dealership and ask for the reset
> > procedure. i'm pretty sure that it will require no tools at all.just a
> > certain way you need to press the accelerator so many times or push a
> > couple of buttons at the same time that you turn the key on...etc.
> > don't let them "fool" you into thinking that you have a problem. all
> > they will do is drain and replace the transfer case fluid, and do a
> > simple oil change on the diff's.
> >
> >

>
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 20:01   #7 (permalink)
Steve Mackie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

You have to put your foil hat on first, then press the accelerator slowly 6
times within 2 seconds, pressing the brake pedal 1/4" between presses of the
accelerator all while turning the cruise on and off rapidly. Oh, and you
have to be tuned into 108.1 on the FM radio.

Steve

"plainoldmechanic" <mrk_grnr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1132187873.136176.28950@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> this is a little ole trick of the dealers that is basically the same as
> the "change engine oil" or "maitenance required" lights . the dealer
> has these installed to hopefully bring you back to their shops for
> service. there are reset procedures for all of these lights, however i
> am not privvy to the exact steps for the four wheel drive . try calling
> the service manager at your local ford dealership and ask for the reset
> procedure. i'm pretty sure that it will require no tools at all.just a
> certain way you need to press the accelerator so many times or push a
> couple of buttons at the same time that you turn the key on...etc.
> don't let them "fool" you into thinking that you have a problem. all
> they will do is drain and replace the transfer case fluid, and do a
> simple oil change on the diff's.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 21:01   #8 (permalink)
Bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

Don't forget the car has to be pointed due north or none of this will work!

"Steve Mackie" <stevemackie@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:NoSef.125333$Ph4.3841075@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
> You have to put your foil hat on first, then press the accelerator slowly
> 6
> times within 2 seconds, pressing the brake pedal 1/4" between presses of
> the
> accelerator all while turning the cruise on and off rapidly. Oh, and you
> have to be tuned into 108.1 on the FM radio.
>
> Steve
>
> "plainoldmechanic" <mrk_grnr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1132187873.136176.28950@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> this is a little ole trick of the dealers that is basically the same as
>> the "change engine oil" or "maitenance required" lights . the dealer
>> has these installed to hopefully bring you back to their shops for
>> service. there are reset procedures for all of these lights, however i
>> am not privvy to the exact steps for the four wheel drive . try calling
>> the service manager at your local ford dealership and ask for the reset
>> procedure. i'm pretty sure that it will require no tools at all.just a
>> certain way you need to press the accelerator so many times or push a
>> couple of buttons at the same time that you turn the key on...etc.
>> don't let them "fool" you into thinking that you have a problem. all
>> they will do is drain and replace the transfer case fluid, and do a
>> simple oil change on the diff's.
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 15:01   #9 (permalink)
Steve Barker
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

Now there's some bullshit. "the dealer has these installed...."
ROTFLMMFAO!!!


s


"plainoldmechanic" <mrk_grnr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1132187873.136176.28950@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> this is a little ole trick of the dealers that is basically the same as
> the "change engine oil" or "maitenance required" lights . the dealer
> has these installed to hopefully bring you back to their shops for
> service. there are reset procedures for all of these lights, however i
> am not privvy to the exact steps for the four wheel drive . try calling
> the service manager at your local ford dealership and ask for the reset
> procedure. i'm pretty sure that it will require no tools at all.just a
> certain way you need to press the accelerator so many times or push a
> couple of buttons at the same time that you turn the key on...etc.
> don't let them "fool" you into thinking that you have a problem. all
> they will do is drain and replace the transfer case fluid, and do a
> simple oil change on the diff's.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 15:01   #10 (permalink)
Steve Barker
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

I'm sure a guy like plainolmechanic already has his foil hat AND shoe liners
on.


s


"Steve Mackie" <stevemackie@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:NoSef.125333$Ph4.3841075@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
> You have to put your foil hat on first, then press the accelerator slowly
> 6
> times within 2 seconds, pressing the brake pedal 1/4" between presses of
> the
> accelerator all while turning the cruise on and off rapidly. Oh, and you
> have to be tuned into 108.1 on the FM radio.
>
> Steve
>
> "plainoldmechanic" <mrk_grnr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1132187873.136176.28950@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> this is a little ole trick of the dealers that is basically the same as
>> the "change engine oil" or "maitenance required" lights . the dealer
>> has these installed to hopefully bring you back to their shops for
>> service. there are reset procedures for all of these lights, however i
>> am not privvy to the exact steps for the four wheel drive . try calling
>> the service manager at your local ford dealership and ask for the reset
>> procedure. i'm pretty sure that it will require no tools at all.just a
>> certain way you need to press the accelerator so many times or push a
>> couple of buttons at the same time that you turn the key on...etc.
>> don't let them "fool" you into thinking that you have a problem. all
>> they will do is drain and replace the transfer case fluid, and do a
>> simple oil change on the diff's.
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:04.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.