Ford Crown Vic headlight beam angles - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2005, 10:01   #1 (permalink)
Crownvic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ford Crown Vic headlight beam angles

I have a 2002 FCV here in the UK which failed its pre-registration
(SVA) test today as the headlight beams kick to the right and not the
left as required (due of course to our driving on the left). I had
wrongly assumed it had flat-beam headlights like most US cars, but it's
an ex-Police P71 model and this may or may not be the reason for the
angled beams.

Does anyone know if the advertised replacement headlights from people
like PartsTrain are available with flat beams? Thanks in advance.

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-03-2005, 10:01   #2 (permalink)
Shoe Salesman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ford Crown Vic headlight beam angles


"Crownvic" <dougie@dougie.org> wrote in message
news:1131037377.006156.311640@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I have a 2002 FCV here in the UK which failed its pre-registration
> (SVA) test today as the headlight beams kick to the right and not the
> left as required (due of course to our driving on the left). I had
> wrongly assumed it had flat-beam headlights like most US cars, but it's
> an ex-Police P71 model and this may or may not be the reason for the
> angled beams.
>
> Does anyone know if the advertised replacement headlights from people
> like PartsTrain are available with flat beams? Thanks in advance.
>

First off, flat beams, angle beams? What is that? Seams you could just
adjust them like any other car. If you are talking about the older bulbs
with flat fronts on them....The newer headlights use a seperate assembly
with a bulb that goes inside. Both are adjusted the same way-an adjustment
screw for left-right, and one for up-down.


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:01   #3 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ford Crown Vic headlight beam angles

"Shoe Salesman" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in
news:IEraf.3561$Jo3.1037@tornado.socal.rr.com:

>
> "Crownvic" <dougie@dougie.org> wrote in message
> news:1131037377.006156.311640@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>I have a 2002 FCV here in the UK which failed its pre-registration
>> (SVA) test today as the headlight beams kick to the right and not the
>> left as required (due of course to our driving on the left). I had
>> wrongly assumed it had flat-beam headlights like most US cars, but
>> it's an ex-Police P71 model and this may or may not be the reason for
>> the angled beams.
>>
>> Does anyone know if the advertised replacement headlights from people
>> like PartsTrain are available with flat beams? Thanks in advance.
>>

> First off, flat beams, angle beams? What is that? Seams you could just
> adjust them like any other car. If you are talking about the older
> bulbs with flat fronts on them....The newer headlights use a seperate
> assembly with a bulb that goes inside. Both are adjusted the same
> way-an adjustment screw for left-right, and one for up-down.


Nah.. judging from past posts here and on Mustang NG that still wont
pass.

Aftermarkets might.

Also try:
http://www.tauruscarclub.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:01   #4 (permalink)
Shoe Salesman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ford Crown Vic headlight beam angles


"Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9703847E3975Epettyfogery@207.115.63.158...
> "Shoe Salesman" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in
> news:IEraf.3561$Jo3.1037@tornado.socal.rr.com:
>
>>
>> "Crownvic" <dougie@dougie.org> wrote in message
>> news:1131037377.006156.311640@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>>I have a 2002 FCV here in the UK which failed its pre-registration
>>> (SVA) test today as the headlight beams kick to the right and not the
>>> left as required (due of course to our driving on the left). I had
>>> wrongly assumed it had flat-beam headlights like most US cars, but
>>> it's an ex-Police P71 model and this may or may not be the reason for
>>> the angled beams.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if the advertised replacement headlights from people
>>> like PartsTrain are available with flat beams? Thanks in advance.
>>>

>> First off, flat beams, angle beams? What is that? Seams you could just
>> adjust them like any other car. If you are talking about the older
>> bulbs with flat fronts on them....The newer headlights use a seperate
>> assembly with a bulb that goes inside. Both are adjusted the same
>> way-an adjustment screw for left-right, and one for up-down.

>
> Nah.. judging from past posts here and on Mustang NG that still wont
> pass.
>

Hey BM, what are you and the OP talking about? All the headlights I've seen
point to the front of the car :) I just don't get it. Can you splain
please?


  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:01   #5 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ford Crown Vic headlight beam angles

"Shoe Salesman" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote

>>
>> Nah.. judging from past posts here and on Mustang NG that still wont
>> pass.
>>

> Hey BM, what are you and the OP talking about? All the headlights I've
> seen point to the front of the car :) I just don't get it. Can you
> splain please?
>
>
>


Has to do with pattern of lens...no matter how adjusted for center-point
still illums to right.. if it were old seal-beam, wouldnt be a problem.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 14:01   #6 (permalink)
johanb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ford Crown Vic headlight beam angles

see

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...or+good+vision.

for European style

In Great Britain the are a mirror image of this because they drive on left
side

The US just has a flat line pattern


"Shoe Salesman" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:eIsaf.3572$Jo3.57@tornado.socal.rr.com...
>
> "Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns9703847E3975Epettyfogery@207.115.63.158...
> > "Shoe Salesman" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in
> > news:IEraf.3561$Jo3.1037@tornado.socal.rr.com:
> >
> >>
> >> "Crownvic" <dougie@dougie.org> wrote in message
> >> news:1131037377.006156.311640@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >>>I have a 2002 FCV here in the UK which failed its pre-registration
> >>> (SVA) test today as the headlight beams kick to the right and not the
> >>> left as required (due of course to our driving on the left). I had
> >>> wrongly assumed it had flat-beam headlights like most US cars, but
> >>> it's an ex-Police P71 model and this may or may not be the reason for
> >>> the angled beams.
> >>>
> >>> Does anyone know if the advertised replacement headlights from people
> >>> like PartsTrain are available with flat beams? Thanks in advance.
> >>>
> >> First off, flat beams, angle beams? What is that? Seams you could just
> >> adjust them like any other car. If you are talking about the older
> >> bulbs with flat fronts on them....The newer headlights use a seperate
> >> assembly with a bulb that goes inside. Both are adjusted the same
> >> way-an adjustment screw for left-right, and one for up-down.

> >
> > Nah.. judging from past posts here and on Mustang NG that still wont
> > pass.
> >

> Hey BM, what are you and the OP talking about? All the headlights I've

seen
> point to the front of the car :) I just don't get it. Can you splain
> please?
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:01   #7 (permalink)
Crownvic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ford Crown Vic headlight beam angles

johanb wrote:
> see
> http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...or+good+vision.

for European style. In Great Britain the are a mirror image of this
because they drive on left side. The US just has a flat line pattern.

That's exactly right. So are the flat-line-type headlights available
for the Crown Vic?

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:01   #8 (permalink)
johanb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Ford Crown Vic headlight beam angles

Don't know, try to google it and look on sites like sylvana or hella and see
if they make euro style headlights


"Crownvic" <dougie@dougie.org> wrote in message
news:1131095291.963824.287430@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> johanb wrote:
> > see
> >

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...or+good+vision.
> for European style. In Great Britain the are a mirror image of this
> because they drive on left side. The US just has a flat line pattern.
>
> That's exactly right. So are the flat-line-type headlights available
> for the Crown Vic?
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:43.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.