Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2005, 20:01   #1 (permalink)
Nomen Nescio
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell

Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups are here to stay no matter even if gasoline hits
$5 a gallon.

The reason is simple: respect. Try driving a bicycle or motorbike in Los
Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, or any other town Chuck Berry sings about and
you will either get scared shitless or run over flat. Your well being
means nothing to these crazed drivers and that is the truth. Every
roadwayis an autodrome and every freeway a Gran Prix Circuit.

Tool down the road as slowly as you please in a Hummer (full size model)
and let 'em hit ya.

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-08-2005, 20:01   #2 (permalink)
Eugene Nine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell

Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups are here to stay no matter even if gasoline
> hits $5 a gallon.
>
> The reason is simple: respect. Try driving a bicycle or motorbike in Los
> Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, or any other town Chuck Berry sings about and
> you will either get scared shitless or run over flat. Your well being
> means nothing to these crazed drivers and that is the truth. Every
> roadwayis an autodrome and every freeway a Gran Prix Circuit.
>
> Tool down the road as slowly as you please in a Hummer (full size model)
> and let 'em hit ya.

I know I shouldn't reply to the troll but,
Doesn't matter what they are driving, people can't drive and don't respect
bikers at all. Someone in the office who drives an econobox honda coffin
was complaining about a bicycle on the street holding up traffic.
Why is it all the small cars are the ones that cut across the lines on
curves or park crooked in the parking space and its the big trucks/suv's
that are in between the lines where they should be. Does driving the tiny
car require so much less skill to drive that they forget how, it is their
attitude that they are better then anyone driving a vehicle that gets a mpg
less than them that they think they don't have to follow the rules.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 21:01   #3 (permalink)
Hairy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell


"Eugene Nine" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
news:HIWdnZ2dnZ07cZONnZ2dnYqPZd-dnZ2dRVn-zp2dnZ0@wideopenwest.com...
> Nomen Nescio wrote:
>



> I know I shouldn't reply to the troll but,


Thanks for making his day.


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:01   #4 (permalink)
Ted Mittelstaedt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell


"Eugene Nine" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
news:HIWdnZ2dnZ07cZONnZ2dnYqPZd-dnZ2dRVn-zp2dnZ0@wideopenwest.com...

> attitude that they are better then anyone driving a vehicle that gets a

mpg
> less than them that they think they don't have to follow the rules.

--------------------^^^^^^^^

Your giving them a lot of credit when you say that "they think". My
observation is
that they don't.

Ted


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 17:01   #5 (permalink)
Al Bundy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell

Where I live they care little about the price of gas. Starter homes are
a bargain in the mid 350's. The kids are riding around on electric
scooters and mini versions of hummers. My timing was just very bad. I
should have been born much sooner or much later.

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 17:01   #6 (permalink)
vince
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell

I agree. Where I live new one-bedroom condos are selling for $350K and
decent homes are $900K.
So, what does an extra $10 per fill-up really mean when you can afford house
prices like this.



"Al Bundy" <MSfortune@mcpmail.com> wrote in message
news:1123624782.382230.103140@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Where I live they care little about the price of gas. Starter homes are
> a bargain in the mid 350's. The kids are riding around on electric
> scooters and mini versions of hummers. My timing was just very bad. I
> should have been born much sooner or much later.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 17:01   #7 (permalink)
NJ Vike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell

Multiply that by how many times you fill up and see what it does in a year?
Also, how much more is it going to go up and how soon?

Fortunately, I work Virtual Office but if I did have to commute 50 miles a
day or more, I would have sold it by now.




"vince" <vmark(nospam)99@telus.net> wrote in message
news:6EaKe.129600$wr.31741@clgrps12...
>I agree. Where I live new one-bedroom condos are selling for $350K and
>decent homes are $900K.
> So, what does an extra $10 per fill-up really mean when you can afford
> house prices like this.
>
>
>
> "Al Bundy" <MSfortune@mcpmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1123624782.382230.103140@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>> Where I live they care little about the price of gas. Starter homes are
>> a bargain in the mid 350's. The kids are riding around on electric
>> scooters and mini versions of hummers. My timing was just very bad. I
>> should have been born much sooner or much later.
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 21:01   #8 (permalink)
vince
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell

I only live 6 miles away from work so I use up 30 gallons of gas a month.
If gas has gone up 75 cents/gallon then I am looking at a cost of an
additional $270/year.
This isn't going to make much of a difference to me but with housing having
increased by up to 50% in just two years that's what worries me. I regret
not buying two years ago. Gas is only a very small portion in my list of
expenses.


"NJ Vike" <ErieLackawanna@Scranton.com> wrote in message
news:83bKe.3339$Je.1224@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Multiply that by how many times you fill up and see what it does in a
> year? Also, how much more is it going to go up and how soon?
>
> Fortunately, I work Virtual Office but if I did have to commute 50 miles a
> day or more, I would have sold it by now.
>
>
>
>
> "vince" <vmark(nospam)99@telus.net> wrote in message
> news:6EaKe.129600$wr.31741@clgrps12...
>>I agree. Where I live new one-bedroom condos are selling for $350K and
>>decent homes are $900K.
>> So, what does an extra $10 per fill-up really mean when you can afford
>> house prices like this.
>>
>>
>>
>> "Al Bundy" <MSfortune@mcpmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1123624782.382230.103140@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>>> Where I live they care little about the price of gas. Starter homes are
>>> a bargain in the mid 350's. The kids are riding around on electric
>>> scooters and mini versions of hummers. My timing was just very bad. I
>>> should have been born much sooner or much later.
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 00:01   #9 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell

I don't know about where you are, but, in a lot of areas, don't bet
that those people can afford those homes and toys. Many are so over
invested that if the housing market has a good correction, they're
going down hard.

The latest reports out of Japan, Detroit, etc, says the manufacturers
are already downsizing SUVs because the rising gas prices will kill
sales. Yeah, the Hollywood crowd will still be outrageous, but rental
agencies indicate an increase in people who own those roadmonsters,
renting for their weekend getaways.

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:04:34 GMT, "vince" <vmark(nospam)99@telus.net>
wrote:

>I agree. Where I live new one-bedroom condos are selling for $350K and
>decent homes are $900K.
>So, what does an extra $10 per fill-up really mean when you can afford house
>prices like this.
>
>
>
>"Al Bundy" <MSfortune@mcpmail.com> wrote in message
>news:1123624782.382230.103140@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>> Where I live they care little about the price of gas. Starter homes are
>> a bargain in the mid 350's. The kids are riding around on electric
>> scooters and mini versions of hummers. My timing was just very bad. I
>> should have been born much sooner or much later.
>>

>


Spike
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 00:01   #10 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell

News says expect it to continue to rise through the rest of the
summer, but don't expect it to drop back very far.

For every $1 per barrel the price rises, that equals about 2.5 cents
more at the pump.Diesel has risen faster than gasoline in California
due to then special "flavor" which all trucks registered in California
are required to use. But most trucks coming from out of state fill up
before entering California and right after leaving.

As usual, a southern California refinery (Chevron) shut down. Funny
how that always seems to happen about this time of year.



On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:33:24 GMT, "NJ Vike"
<ErieLackawanna@Scranton.com> wrote:

>Multiply that by how many times you fill up and see what it does in a year?
>Also, how much more is it going to go up and how soon?
>
>Fortunately, I work Virtual Office but if I did have to commute 50 miles a
>day or more, I would have sold it by now.
>
>
>
>


Spike
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford

Related Reading: Gas Guzzler SUVs & Pickups will continue to sell


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:37.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.