Location of the charge valve (A'C) on the 2003 Ford Tauras - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2006, 13:01   #1 (permalink)
mmfan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Location of the charge valve (A'C) on the 2003 Ford Tauras

Can someone please tell me where the A/C charge valve is located ,for the
2003 Ford Tauras please.
Thanks --ED

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-06-2006, 16:01   #2 (permalink)
Berkshire Bill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Location of the charge valve (A'C) on the 2003 Ford Tauras


"mmfan" <edharr@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
news:cf9cd451852f4483fde9484b5dfd2ab1@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
> Can someone please tell me where the A/C charge valve is located ,for the
> 2003 Ford Tauras please.
> Thanks --ED
>

Lower right fender ahead of the wheel house.

Bill


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 22:01   #3 (permalink)
Jim Warman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Location of the charge valve (A'C) on the 2003 Ford Tauras

Charge valve???? There are two "test ports".... Done correctly, we evacuate
the AC system and install a prescribed amount of refrigerant by weight
through the high side port after performing leak testing... This method is
environmantally sound and can, in the hands of a decent tech, reveal any
concerns that can addto long term expenses.

However, some feel they deserve second rate repairs and have an intense
desire to avoid thinking of what kind of planet they will hand over to their
grandchildren.

Additionally, not being able to find the low side port shows a distinct
inability to understand the workings of the AC system. Without a basic
understanding of the physics of this system, (or any system, for that
matter), we shouldn't be trying to do driveway diagnostics.

We slopped R12 around for years and years until we found that this wasn't
Gods gift to humanity..... we refuse to learn from our history and now we
will slop a different compound around until we see how bad it's gonna f*ck
us up.
Yep... clean air is good so long as it doesn't cost me anything.....

Flame away..... The only thing thcker than my skin is some peoples heads....


"mmfan" <edharr@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
news:cf9cd451852f4483fde9484b5dfd2ab1@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
> Can someone please tell me where the A/C charge valve is located ,for the
> 2003 Ford Tauras please.
> Thanks --ED
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 00:01   #4 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Location of the charge valve (A'C) on the 2003 Ford Tauras

"Jim Warman" <mechanic@telusplanet.net> wrote:

> Charge valve???? There are two "test ports".... Done correctly, we
> evacuate the AC system and install a prescribed amount of refrigerant
> by weight through the high side port after performing leak testing...
> This method is environmantally sound and can, in the hands of a decent
> tech, reveal any concerns that can addto long term expenses.
>
> However, some feel they deserve second rate repairs and have an
> intense desire to avoid thinking of what kind of planet they will hand
> over to their grandchildren.
>
> Additionally, not being able to find the low side port shows a
> distinct inability to understand the workings of the AC system.
> Without a basic understanding of the physics of this system, (or any
> system, for that matter), we shouldn't be trying to do driveway
> diagnostics.
>
> We slopped R12 around for years and years until we found that this
> wasn't Gods gift to humanity..... we refuse to learn from our history
> and now we will slop a different compound around until we see how bad
> it's gonna f*ck us up.
> Yep... clean air is good so long as it doesn't cost me anything.....
>
> Flame away..... The only thing thcker than my skin is some peoples
> heads....
>


Well, I aint gonna argue with you, Warman... not in this case.

Because for a car to go low on refrig in 3 years points to a leak problem
that needs to be resolved. My 95 has never been touched, for a fact

If it were a one-owner and a 97, that might be different.
- - - - -- - - -- - - -
But something to think about... how about a commercial HVAC tech that
goes around slitting coil tubes on residential A/C's??!!!

I'd have loved to caught the bastard, probably get some company's license
yanked!

{I have a feeling it's fairly common .... cause when I mentioned the
damage to the counter guy at the supplier, he immediatley remarked on
"Someone drumming up business"}

--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:01   #5 (permalink)
Jim Warman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Location of the charge valve (A'C) on the 2003 Ford Tauras

One of the great complexities of modern living..... we can have someone good
at their craft that has good morals (as nice find).. we can have someone
good at their craft with no scruples..... we can someone with poor skills
and the references of a saint.... or we can have someone bereft of both
talent and integrity. Vandalsm in the name of job creation is abhorrant and
disgusting.... sadly, after watching the evening news on any given day, I
don't find it surprising.

I'm not perfect.... my youth has many incidence that I would rather not
remember..... But, they serve as a constant companion and reminder that
today I can I will strive to be above reproach and display my integrity
proudly. As I tried so hard to instill in my son (and, it appears to have
worked), we only need to think "why am I about to do this?" and follow it up
with "would I want this done to me?".

I'd like to meet you someday..... I'm sure it would be a most interesting
encounter...



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:01   #6 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Location of the charge valve (A'C) on the 2003 Ford Tauras

"Jim Warman" <mechanic@telusplanet.net> wrote:

> or we can have someone bereft of both
> talent and integrity. Vandalsm in the name of job creation is
> abhorrant and disgusting.... sadly, after watching the evening news on
> any given day, I don't find it surprising.
>
> I'm not perfect.... my youth has many incidence that I would rather
> not remember..... But, they serve as a constant companion and reminder
> that today I can I will strive to be above reproach and display my
> integrity proudly. As I tried so hard to instill in my son (and, it
> appears to have worked), we only need to think "why am I about to do
> this?" and follow it up with "would I want this done to me?".
>
> I'd like to meet you someday..... I'm sure it would be a most
> interesting encounter...
>


Yeah, me too... but that's called 'learning experience' and is something
that cant be bought or taught in Academe.

I have one son that is making great strides in the LA area real estate
development market... and the reason he gets more and more decisions in
favor of his company, not just from holders but from zoning committees,
is that he has developed a rep of "If he says he'll do it, you can count
on it; no ups, no extra's, no gotcha's"

I made a lot of mistakes with my kids but the ONE thing their mom and I
instilled in all of them was "Put yourself in the others' shoes".

- - - - - -
But what pissed me off about that AC condenser incident was that when I
pointed out that the coil slits were hard to find, knife angled down so
that oil bled out inward and no fins disturbed, the property owner just
shrugged it off and said "Well, now you know what to look for".

I saved him over 700 bucks for two units and that's all I got! Not even
a pat on the back... oh, well.


--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 21:01   #7 (permalink)
Bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Location of the charge valve (A'C) on the 2003 Ford Tauras


"Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message
news:Xns97447B85319D8pettyfogery@207.115.17.102...
> - - - - - -
> But what pissed me off about that AC condenser incident was that when I
> pointed out that the coil slits were hard to find, knife angled down so
> that oil bled out inward and no fins disturbed, the property owner just
> shrugged it off and said "Well, now you know what to look for".
>
> I saved him over 700 bucks for two units and that's all I got! Not even
> a pat on the back... oh, well.


I for one would like to hear the rest of this story.
Bob


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:01   #8 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Location of the charge valve (A'C) on the 2003 Ford Tauras

"Bob" <bob@n0spam.net> wrote:

>
> "Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns97447B85319D8pettyfogery@207.115.17.102...
>> - - - - - -
>> But what pissed me off about that AC condenser incident was that when I
>> pointed out that the coil slits were hard to find, knife angled down so
>> that oil bled out inward and no fins disturbed, the property owner just
>> shrugged it off and said "Well, now you know what to look for".
>>
>> I saved him over 700 bucks for two units and that's all I got! Not even
>> a pat on the back... oh, well.

>
> I for one would like to hear the rest of this story.
> Bob
>
>


prev post:
But something to think about... how about a commercial HVAC tech that
goes around slitting coil tubes on residential A/C's??!!!

I'd have loved to caught the bastard, probably get some company's license
yanked!

{I have a feeling it's fairly common .... cause when I mentioned the
damage to the counter guy at the supplier, he immediatley remarked on
"Someone drumming up business"}


--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:41.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.