National Can't Afford To Drive to Work Day - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2005, 18:01   #1 (permalink)
Big Earl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
National Can't Afford To Drive to Work Day

This sounds like a pretty cool Idea. September 2nd is apparently "Can't Afford to Drive to Work" day.

http://www.westcoastsportscars.com/gasday.html

Should send a strong message if it gets any support

CC

----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-22-2005, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
42n8-1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: National Can't Afford To Drive to Work Day

sounds like just an excuse for a 4 day vacation which some people are going
to take anyway.



"Big Earl" <BigEarl@thegroup.com> wrote in message
news:Xns96BAC3292D993BigEarl@38.119.71.210...
> This sounds like a pretty cool Idea. September 2nd is apparently "Can't

Afford to Drive to Work" day.
>
> http://www.westcoastsportscars.com/gasday.html
>
> Should send a strong message if it gets any support
>
> CC
>
> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet

News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+

Newsgroups
> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption

=----


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 20:01   #3 (permalink)
SC Tom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: National Can't Afford To Drive to Work Day

Aside from the fact that a lot of companies won't pay you for the holiday
unless you work the scheduled days before and after the holiday.
SC Tom

"42n8-1" <42n8-1@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:V72dndVODJ5k65feRVn-gw@comcast.com...
> sounds like just an excuse for a 4 day vacation which some people are
> going
> to take anyway.
>
>
>
> "Big Earl" <BigEarl@thegroup.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns96BAC3292D993BigEarl@38.119.71.210...
>> This sounds like a pretty cool Idea. September 2nd is apparently "Can't

> Afford to Drive to Work" day.
>>
>> http://www.westcoastsportscars.com/gasday.html
>>
>> Should send a strong message if it gets any support
>>
>> CC
>>
>> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet

> News==----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+

> Newsgroups
>> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption

> =----
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 20:01   #4 (permalink)
42n8-1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: National Can't Afford To Drive to Work Day

good point.


"SC Tom" <SC@Tom.com> wrote in message
news:5vvOe.11170$cO6.10845@fe04.lga...
> Aside from the fact that a lot of companies won't pay you for the holiday
> unless you work the scheduled days before and after the holiday.
> SC Tom
>
> "42n8-1" <42n8-1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:V72dndVODJ5k65feRVn-gw@comcast.com...
> > sounds like just an excuse for a 4 day vacation which some people are
> > going
> > to take anyway.
> >
> >
> >
> > "Big Earl" <BigEarl@thegroup.com> wrote in message
> > news:Xns96BAC3292D993BigEarl@38.119.71.210...
> >> This sounds like a pretty cool Idea. September 2nd is apparently

"Can't
> > Afford to Drive to Work" day.
> >>
> >> http://www.westcoastsportscars.com/gasday.html
> >>
> >> Should send a strong message if it gets any support
> >>
> >> CC
> >>
> >> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet

> > News==----
> >> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

120,000+
> > Newsgroups
> >> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption

> > =----
> >
> >

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:01   #5 (permalink)
V
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: National Can't Afford To Drive to Work Day

gas is roughly around 4.5 to 5$ per gallon in europe. How much is it in US ?


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:01   #6 (permalink)
lugnut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: National Can't Afford To Drive to Work Day

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:17:18 +0200, "V"
<ask_for_it@nonexistent.domain.com> wrote:

>gas is roughly around 4.5 to 5$ per gallon in europe. How much is it in US ?
>



Around $2.60 - $2.80 /gal for reg unleaded in most places
but, we are not yet funding national health care or other
socialist programs at the pump as is the case in many
countries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:01   #7 (permalink)
scott21230@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: National Can't Afford To Drive to Work Day

It's a dums idea. Should be a national don't buy anything made in
China day would help reduce oil consumption more.

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:01   #8 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: National Can't Afford To Drive to Work Day

scott21230@gmail.com wrote in news:1124904433.123268.238630
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> It's a dums idea. Should be a national don't buy anything made in
> China day would help reduce oil consumption more.
>
>


Umm.. that would mean "stay out of stores" day!
;)

MEaning everyone stays home. Works in my book!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:37.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.