Repair Quote - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 04:01   #1 (permalink)
D & J G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Repair Quote

I recently had a mechanic quote to replace welsh plugs and 4 tie rod ends in
a 6 cylinder ford sedan (Australian 1992 Falcon). He said it would take 48
hours! Does this sounds excessive to anyone?


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-10-2006, 07:01   #2 (permalink)
Al Bundy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Repair Quote

Maybe he just meant he's do the job over the weekend?

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:01   #3 (permalink)
D & J G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Repair Quote


"Al Bundy" <MSfortune@mcpmail.com> wrote in message
news:1136901877.305284.170120@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Maybe he just meant he's do the job over the weekend?


Nope, that's how long he reckons it will take and is to charge 48 hours
time!


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 20:01   #4 (permalink)
D & J G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Repair Quote

Checked with Ford dealer. Whole job no longer than 5 hours!!!!
No more back yard mechanics for us!

"D & J G" <donandjane@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:43c3c59f$0$9286$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>
> "Al Bundy" <MSfortune@mcpmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1136901877.305284.170120@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>> Maybe he just meant he's do the job over the weekend?

>
> Nope, that's how long he reckons it will take and is to charge 48 hours
> time!
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 22:01   #5 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Repair Quote

"D & J G" <donandjane@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> No more back yard mechanics for us!
>
>


Hey!

That's alright, I didnt want to do it anyway.
------
Well, maybe I will ... in fact I'll do it for nothing; you buy parts...

Just pay for my transportation there and back

--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:01   #6 (permalink)
D & J G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Repair Quote


"Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message
news:Xns974862EC1D3Apettyfogery@207.115.17.102...
> "D & J G" <donandjane@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>> No more back yard mechanics for us!
>>
>>

>
> Hey!
>
> That's alright, I didnt want to do it anyway.
> ------
> Well, maybe I will ... in fact I'll do it for nothing; you buy parts...
>
> Just pay for my transportation there and back
>
> --
> Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
> you pay..DEAL with it!


No worries, Geezer.. Where do you live? When can you come to Queensland
Australia?


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:01   #7 (permalink)
ShoeSaleman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Repair Quote

D & J G wrote:
> I recently had a mechanic quote to replace welsh plugs and 4 tie rod ends in
> a 6 cylinder ford sedan (Australian 1992 Falcon). He said it would take 48
> hours! Does this sounds excessive to anyone?
>
>

I'll give you a break and do it for 46 hours labor, but you need to tell
me what a "welsh plug" is first. :) Oh wait, if a welsh plug is the same
as a feeze plug and you want them ALL replaced I'll have to think it
over. You probably have to pull the engine and strip it down to replace
them all. Why not replace the one that is leaking only?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 19:01   #8 (permalink)
wiseguy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Repair Quote

D & J G wrote:
>I recently had a mechanic quote to replace welsh plugs and 4 tie rod ends in
>a 6 cylinder ford sedan (Australian 1992 Falcon). He said it would take 48
>hours! Does this sounds excessive to anyone?

well at what shop rate say here mine is 75 an hour x 48 =3600 dollars for
labor plus parts taxes maybe what 4500 dollars ...beat him up for say 10
dollars ! hahah
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:46.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.