Stereo in 05 Ford Escape - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 10:01 AM
Ebeneezer Geezer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Stereo in 05 Ford Escape

I recently won one of these things and although it is fun to scoot around
in, the stereo in it leaves a lot to be desired from a sound quality point
of view. It has a 6 cd changer and since it is hard to make really bad
electronics these days, I thought I would start with a simple speaker
replacement as an upgrade.

Does anyone know if there is a web site on how to do this? I am assuming
that you have to yank door panels etc, and that there is not a pop off cover
to get to them. I don't want to break anything in t he process, so any help
appreciated!

TIA




 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 10:01 AM
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Stereo in 05 Ford Escape

"Ebeneezer Geezer" <EBGeezer@hotmail.com> wrote in
http://www.carstereohelp.com/strford.htm

www.ford-trucks.com/

www.escape-central.com

it's called GOOGLE.. and it's great... even if you were too dumb to buy
the stock.

:(

news:1P5bf.14153$J14.601020@news20.bellglobal.com:

> I recently won one of these things and although it is fun to scoot
> around in, the stereo in it leaves a lot to be desired from a sound
> quality point of view. It has a 6 cd changer and since it is hard to
> make really bad electronics these days, I thought I would start with a
> simple speaker replacement as an upgrade.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a web site on how to do this? I am
> assuming that you have to yank door panels etc, and that there is not
> a pop off cover to get to them. I don't want to break anything in t he
> process, so any help appreciated!
>
> TIA
>
>
>


 
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 10:01 AM
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
fixed post...Re: Stereo in 05 Ford Escape

Backyard Mechanic <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote


>
> http://www.carstereohelp.com/strford.htm
>
> www.ford-trucks.com/
>
> www.escape-central.com
>
> it's called GOOGLE.. and it's great... even if you were too dumb to buy
> the stock.
>
>:(
>


 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 12:01 PM
Ebeneezer Geezer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: fixed post...Re: Stereo in 05 Ford Escape

Thanks.

I had already tried google and I found information on replacements, but not
how to actually remove the door panels and assemblies.

I also had found escape-central and posted there since again lots of
information on head unit, speaker replacement etc recommendations, but not
on the actual 'nuts and bolts' of changing it.

The other link you indicate I already found, but of course you undoubtedly
know that it is a pay only information source.

I'm sure there are other resources that I will find or other Ford
affectionados can point me towards.

cheers.


Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message
news:Xns970581066249Bpettyfogery@207.115.63.158...
> Backyard Mechanic <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote
>
>
>>
>> http://www.carstereohelp.com/strford.htm
>>
>> www.ford-trucks.com/
>>
>> www.escape-central.com
>>
>> it's called GOOGLE.. and it's great... even if you were too dumb to buy
>> the stock.
>>
>>:(
>>

>



 
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 12:01 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: fixed post...Re: Stereo in 05 Ford Escape

"Ebeneezer Geezer" <EBGeezer@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I had already tried google and I found information on replacements,
> but not how to actually remove the door panels and assemblies.
>
> I also had found escape-central and posted there since again lots of
> information on head unit, speaker replacement etc recommendations, but
> not on the actual 'nuts and bolts' of changing it.
>
> The other link you indicate I already found, but of course you
> undoubtedly know that it is a pay only information source.
>
> I'm sure there are other resources that I will find or other Ford
> affectionados can point me towards.
>
> cheers.


So.... let me get this straight...
You've got a 'free' Escape (meaning you only have to fork out about 35%
of sticker to keep it)

And you cant deal with a lousy eight bucks to see how to get the panels
off correctly?

The directions of which are probably MUCH more detailed than you'd get in
a book or from 'free advice'... and quicker to obtain?


I see why you picked that handle.


I think that site's a great idea.
 
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 01:01 PM
trainfan1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Stereo in 05 Ford Escape

Ebeneezer Geezer wrote:

> I recently won one of these things and although it is fun to scoot around
> in, the stereo in it leaves a lot to be desired from a sound quality point
> of view. It has a 6 cd changer and since it is hard to make really bad
> electronics these days, I thought I would start with a simple speaker
> replacement as an upgrade.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a web site on how to do this? I am assuming
> that you have to yank door panels etc, and that there is not a pop off cover
> to get to them. I don't want to break anything in t he process, so any help
> appreciated!
>
> TIA
>
>


www.crutchfield.com

Rob
 
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 01:01 PM
Ebeneezer Geezer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: fixed post...Re: Stereo in 05 Ford Escape

<sigh> How and where I decide to spend my income has absolutely nothing to
do with the question.

Thanks for the links.



"Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message
news:Xns970597AA6553Fpettyfogery@207.115.63.158...
> "Ebeneezer Geezer" <EBGeezer@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> I had already tried google and I found information on replacements,
>> but not how to actually remove the door panels and assemblies.
>>
>> I also had found escape-central and posted there since again lots of
>> information on head unit, speaker replacement etc recommendations, but
>> not on the actual 'nuts and bolts' of changing it.
>>
>> The other link you indicate I already found, but of course you
>> undoubtedly know that it is a pay only information source.
>>
>> I'm sure there are other resources that I will find or other Ford
>> affectionados can point me towards.
>>
>> cheers.

>
> So.... let me get this straight...
> You've got a 'free' Escape (meaning you only have to fork out about 35%
> of sticker to keep it)
>
> And you cant deal with a lousy eight bucks to see how to get the panels
> off correctly?
>
> The directions of which are probably MUCH more detailed than you'd get in
> a book or from 'free advice'... and quicker to obtain?
>
>
> I see why you picked that handle.
>
>
> I think that site's a great idea.



 
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 02:01 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: fixed post...Re: Stereo in 05 Ford Escape

"Ebeneezer Geezer" <EBGeezer@hotmail.com> wrote:

> <sigh> How and where I decide to spend my income has absolutely
> nothing to do with the question.
>
> Thanks for the links.
>


That was free advice, price of the time I spent in the look-up!

What I NOW suggest is that you just get a freakin torx or phillips driver,
a thin steel spatula and have at it.

 
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 03:01 PM
Ebeneezer Geezer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: fixed post...Re: Stereo in 05 Ford Escape

Thanks - better choice than the blowtorch I had first selected.
LOL

"Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9705AB361EBC6pettyfogery@207.115.63.158...
> "Ebeneezer Geezer" <EBGeezer@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> <sigh> How and where I decide to spend my income has absolutely
>> nothing to do with the question.
>>
>> Thanks for the links.
>>

>
> That was free advice, price of the time I spent in the look-up!
>
> What I NOW suggest is that you just get a freakin torx or phillips driver,
> a thin steel spatula and have at it.
>



 
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-05, 03:01 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: fixed post...Re: Stereo in 05 Ford Escape

Point being 'penny-wise, pound foolish'

After screws from handle/armrest area are out, almost all door panels
either pop out starting from bottom, then lift; or just lift.



"Ebeneezer Geezer" <EBGeezer@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks - better choice than the blowtorch I had first selected.
> LOL
>
> "Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message


>> What I NOW suggest is that you just get a freakin torx or phillips
>> driver, a thin steel spatula and have at it.
>>

>
>
>


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome