WTB: 1998 Taurus AX4N - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-06, 08:01 PM
MW
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
WTB: 1998 Taurus AX4N

I'm looking for a transmission for my 98 Taurus. 3.0 L V6. Any good places
to search online? I'll be looking around at the local scrap yards. I'm
convinced these are disposable transmissions. Ebay has 'em for $700+ but
that's ridiculous.

Any advice on buying a rebuild versus ripping one out of the local junk
yard?

Thanks

MW

Hope I didn't forget any information.




 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-06, 09:01 PM
Howard Cohen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1998 Taurus AX4N

TRy this link. Jasper rebuilds are highly rated by machanics.
http://www.jasperengines.com/find-price.htm
"MW" <somadude@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:dYluf.9291$oW.1558@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...
> I'm looking for a transmission for my 98 Taurus. 3.0 L V6. Any good places
> to search online? I'll be looking around at the local scrap yards. I'm
> convinced these are disposable transmissions. Ebay has 'em for $700+ but
> that's ridiculous.
>
> Any advice on buying a rebuild versus ripping one out of the local junk
> yard?
>
> Thanks
>
> MW
>
> Hope I didn't forget any information.
>
>



 
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-06, 05:01 AM
Oscar_Lives
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1998 Taurus AX4N


"Howard Cohen" <h90943@hotmail.commie> wrote in message
news:11rk0n7c6tvogcc@corp.supernews.com...
> TRy this link. Jasper rebuilds are highly rated by machanics.



Yeah, they make mechanics a LOT of money.




> http://www.jasperengines.com/find-price.htm
> "MW" <somadude@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:dYluf.9291$oW.1558@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...
>> I'm looking for a transmission for my 98 Taurus. 3.0 L V6. Any good
>> places
>> to search online? I'll be looking around at the local scrap yards. I'm
>> convinced these are disposable transmissions. Ebay has 'em for $700+ but
>> that's ridiculous.
>>
>> Any advice on buying a rebuild versus ripping one out of the local junk
>> yard?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> MW
>>
>> Hope I didn't forget any information.
>>
>>

>
>



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome