Zetec surging at constant throttle and reduced power - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2005, 23:01   #1 (permalink)
rennocneb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Zetec surging at constant throttle and reduced power

Hi i have a 2001 ford focus zx3 with the 2-litre zetec engine. The
engine has a bad surge in it when at constant road speed or when
accellerating. This surge can be made much better by plugging the
vacum line going to the egr. The car has been checked for vacum leaks.
had an exhaust replaced and fuel sendr replaced. I have had it to
several mechanics that are unable to determine the problem. The car
also seems to run rich one mechanic told me the long term fuel trim
was at 18 and the car performs very sluggishly. Any advice would be
very much appreicated.

--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Mecur...ict127031.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=619363
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-02-2005, 05:01   #2 (permalink)
anon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Zetec surging at constant throttle and reduced power

can't say off hand i know what the problem is, however i can tell you that i
have heard of this problem before on focus zetecs, i believe its a common
fault that ford are aware of so it might be worth a phone call to your local
(friendly..ha ha) dealer.
regards.

"rennocneb" <UseLinkToEmail@AutoForumz.com> wrote in message
news:1_619363_2c49d920ee87e7cb6070ef83dfe200e5@autoforumz.com...
> Hi i have a 2001 ford focus zx3 with the 2-litre zetec engine. The
> engine has a bad surge in it when at constant road speed or when
> accellerating. This surge can be made much better by plugging the
> vacum line going to the egr. The car has been checked for vacum leaks.
> had an exhaust replaced and fuel sendr replaced. I have had it to
> several mechanics that are unable to determine the problem. The car
> also seems to run rich one mechanic told me the long term fuel trim
> was at 18 and the car performs very sluggishly. Any advice would be
> very much appreicated.
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL:

http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Mecur...ict127031.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=619363


  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:01   #3 (permalink)
rennocneb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: Zetec surging at constant throttle and reduced power

"" wrote:
> can't say off hand i know what the problem is, however i can
> tell you that i
> have heard of this problem before on focus zetecs, i believe
> its a common
> fault that ford are aware of so it might be worth a phone call
> to your local
> (friendly..ha ha) dealer.
> regards.
>
> "rennocneb" <UseLinkToEmail@AutoForumz.com> wrote in message
> news:1_619363_2c49d920ee87e7cb6070ef83dfe200e5@autoforumz.com...
> > Hi i have a 2001 ford focus zx3 with the 2-litre zetec

> engine. The
> > engine has a bad surge in it when at constant road speed or

> when
> > accellerating. This surge can be made much better by

> plugging the
> > vacum line going to the egr. The car has been checked for

> vacum leaks.
> > had an exhaust replaced and fuel sendr replaced. I have had

> it to
> > several mechanics that are unable to determine the problem.

> The car
> > also seems to run rich one mechanic told me the long term

> fuel trim
> > was at 18 and the car performs very sluggishly. Any advice

> would be
> > very much appreicated.
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
> > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet

> standards
> > Topic URL:

> http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Mecur...ict127031.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report

> abuse:
> http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=619363


Well my local dealership is basically ** so im left hunting. I have
been told its a fuel deleviery issue but also that its an egr issue
which i beleive more
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:01   #4 (permalink)
Rob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Zetec surging at constant throttle and reduced power

rennocneb wrote:
> "" wrote:
> > can't say off hand i know what the problem is, however i can
> > tell you that i
> > have heard of this problem before on focus zetecs, i believe
> > its a common
> > fault that ford are aware of so it might be worth a phone call
> > to your local
> > (friendly..ha ha) dealer.
> > regards.
> >
> > "rennocneb" <UseLinkToEmail@AutoForumz.com> wrote in message
> > news:1_619363_2c49d920ee87e7cb6070ef83dfe200e5@autoforumz.com...
> > > Hi i have a 2001 ford focus zx3 with the 2-litre zetec

> > engine. The
> > > engine has a bad surge in it when at constant road speed or

> > when
> > > accellerating. This surge can be made much better by

> > plugging the
> > > vacum line going to the egr. The car has been checked for

> > vacum leaks.
> > > had an exhaust replaced and fuel sendr replaced. I have had

> > it to
> > > several mechanics that are unable to determine the problem.

> > The car
> > > also seems to run rich one mechanic told me the long term

> > fuel trim
> > > was at 18 and the car performs very sluggishly. Any advice

> > would be
> > > very much appreicated.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
> > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet

> > standards
> > > Topic URL:

> > http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Mecur...ict127031.html
> > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report

> > abuse:
> > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=619363

>
> Well my local dealership is basically ** so im left hunting. I have
> been told its a fuel deleviery issue but also that its an egr issue
> which i beleive more

ok it could be an egr prob ... but if you unplug the egr and you say its
better ?.... is it gone completely? if not its not the egr.....
first thing i would check is the catalytic convertor... car is rather
new for it to be shot but .... if it is plugged i can do this. you had
fuel sender replaced? how about the fuel filter? air filter? plugs?
start with basics. does it idle perfect? or is idle affected at all ...
did problem get worse gradually? or appear overnight?.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:23.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.