AC Charge on '97 EB - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2005, 00:12   #1 (permalink)
Stephen M. Gluck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
AC Charge on '97 EB

My '97 EB needs a on AC charge of refrigerant. There is still
refrigerant in the system but not enough. A couple of questions. Is
the charging inlet on the top of the compressor under the hood on the
passenger side ? Anybody have any experience with a recharge kit. I
semember doing a refill on my '70 Monte Carlo. Is the procedure to
turn on the engine and AC attach the hose and valve to the inlet and
cannister and open the valve until the cannister is empty and close
the valve and disconnect. BTW there are no leaks of refrigerent. I had
some work done on the HVAC and i beleive the service station did not
fully charge the AC.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-14-2005, 00:12   #2 (permalink)
Kenneth Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: AC Charge on '97 EB

Yes, the inlet is under the hood on the passenger side. And the procedure
to refill is just as you described.

I had the same problem with my XLT and that's the way I fixed it.

"Stephen M. Gluck" <smgluck@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:k11aa1lltid1l9h66hs9vdbfd366j3bk9h@4ax.com...
> My '97 EB needs a on AC charge of refrigerant. There is still
> refrigerant in the system but not enough. A couple of questions. Is
> the charging inlet on the top of the compressor under the hood on the
> passenger side ? Anybody have any experience with a recharge kit. I
> semember doing a refill on my '70 Monte Carlo. Is the procedure to
> turn on the engine and AC attach the hose and valve to the inlet and
> cannister and open the valve until the cannister is empty and close
> the valve and disconnect. BTW there are no leaks of refrigerent. I had
> some work done on the HVAC and i beleive the service station did not
> fully charge the AC.



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:12   #3 (permalink)
Jim Warman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: AC Charge on '97 EB

I have no idea where that procedure came from..... It would not be
considered as "accepted practice". There is a correct procedure for AC
service.... the procedure is environmentally sound and is designed to offer
the least chance of repeat repairs when performed by experienced
proffessionals.

The preceding is offerred as opinion only and should not be misconstrued as
anything other than opinion... even though I might consider this type of
repair as the act of an irresponsible dork.

Funny.... all the rules and regulations designed to protect you from me,
don't protect you from yourself...


"Kenneth Smith" <ksmith4@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
news:E28pe.28981$j51.18138@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> Yes, the inlet is under the hood on the passenger side. And the procedure
> to refill is just as you described.
>
> I had the same problem with my XLT and that's the way I fixed it.
>
> "Stephen M. Gluck" <smgluck@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:k11aa1lltid1l9h66hs9vdbfd366j3bk9h@4ax.com...
> > My '97 EB needs a on AC charge of refrigerant. There is still
> > refrigerant in the system but not enough. A couple of questions. Is
> > the charging inlet on the top of the compressor under the hood on the
> > passenger side ? Anybody have any experience with a recharge kit. I
> > semember doing a refill on my '70 Monte Carlo. Is the procedure to
> > turn on the engine and AC attach the hose and valve to the inlet and
> > cannister and open the valve until the cannister is empty and close
> > the valve and disconnect. BTW there are no leaks of refrigerent. I had
> > some work done on the HVAC and i beleive the service station did not
> > fully charge the AC.

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:12   #4 (permalink)
Big Bill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: AC Charge on '97 EB

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:25:17 -0400, Stephen M. Gluck
<smgluck@earthlink.net> wrote:

>My '97 EB needs a on AC charge of refrigerant. There is still
>refrigerant in the system but not enough. A couple of questions. Is
>the charging inlet on the top of the compressor under the hood on the
>passenger side ? Anybody have any experience with a recharge kit. I
>semember doing a refill on my '70 Monte Carlo. Is the procedure to
>turn on the engine and AC attach the hose and valve to the inlet and
>cannister and open the valve until the cannister is empty and close
>the valve and disconnect. BTW there are no leaks of refrigerent. I had
>some work done on the HVAC and i beleive the service station did not
>fully charge the AC.


You had a shop work on yur AC?
You think they didn't put enough refrigerant in the system?
Then it would have shown whatever symptoms the AC now shows, back when
you had the work done, right? In that case, take it back and have them
finish the job.
It didn't show the symptoms then? Then the system leaks.

--
Big Bill
Replace "g" with "a"
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:12   #5 (permalink)
smgluck@optonline,.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: AC Charge on '97 EB

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:11:20 -0700, Big Bill <bigbill@PIPPING.COM>
wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:25:17 -0400, Stephen M. Gluck
><smgluck@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>My '97 EB needs a on AC charge of refrigerant. There is still
>>refrigerant in the system but not enough. A couple of questions. Is
>>the charging inlet on the top of the compressor under the hood on the
>>passenger side ? Anybody have any experience with a recharge kit. I
>>semember doing a refill on my '70 Monte Carlo. Is the procedure to
>>turn on the engine and AC attach the hose and valve to the inlet and
>>cannister and open the valve until the cannister is empty and close
>>the valve and disconnect. BTW there are no leaks of refrigerent. I had
>>some work done on the HVAC and i beleive the service station did not
>>fully charge the AC.

>
>You had a shop work on yur AC?
>You think they didn't put enough refrigerant in the system?
>Then it would have shown whatever symptoms the AC now shows, back when
>you had the work done, right? In that case, take it back and have them
>finish the job.
>It didn't show the symptoms then? Then the system leaks.

The work was done in mid winter and was'nt noticed until the weather
got hot in the last couple of days. I moved in the last couple of
months and taking it back to the shop that did the work would be
inconvienent at best. I recharged the system this moring and went on
a long drive in 90 degree plus weather. The system is working well
after the recharge and there was no discharge of refrigerant into the
atmosphere. I am not aware that R134 is enviornmentally unfriendly in
either case.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:12   #6 (permalink)
smgluck@optonline,.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: AC Charge on '97 EB

Did the refill this morning and then went fishing. The trip is about
100 .miles round trip. exterior temp read 96, AC wor.ked beautifully.
No refrigerant leak during the recharge and none during the trip. Time
to do the repair 10 min. Total cost of the refill $15.15 including
tax.

Sksmith4@houston.rr.com> wrote:

>Yes, the inlet is under the hood on the passenger side. And the procedure
>to refill is just as you described.
>
>I had the same problem with my XLT and that's the way I fixed it.
>
>"Stephen M. Gluck" <smgluck@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>news:k11aa1lltid1l9h66hs9vdbfd366j3bk9h@4ax.com...
>> My '97 EB needs a on AC charge of refrigerant. There is still
>> refrigerant in the system but not enough. A couple of questions. Is
>> the charging inlet on the top of the compressor under the hood on the
>> passenger side ? Anybody have any experience with a recharge kit. I
>> semember doing a refill on my '70 Monte Carlo. Is the procedure to
>> turn on the engine and AC attach the hose and valve to the inlet and
>> cannister and open the valve until the cannister is empty and close
>> the valve and disconnect. BTW there are no leaks of refrigerent. I had
>> some work done on the HVAC and i beleive the service station did not
>> fully charge the AC.

>


  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:12   #7 (permalink)
Kenneth Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: AC Charge on '97 EB


sticks and stones........

"Jim Warman" <mechanic@tenalpsulet.net> wrote in message
news:fScpe.35628$wr.17089@clgrps12...
> I have no idea where that procedure came from..... It would not be
> considered as "accepted practice". There is a correct procedure for AC
> service.... the procedure is environmentally sound and is designed to

offer
> the least chance of repeat repairs when performed by experienced
> proffessionals.
>
> The preceding is offerred as opinion only and should not be misconstrued

as
> anything other than opinion... even though I might consider this type of
> repair as the act of an irresponsible dork.
>
> Funny.... all the rules and regulations designed to protect you from me,
> don't protect you from yourself...
>
>
> "Kenneth Smith" <ksmith4@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:E28pe.28981$j51.18138@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> > Yes, the inlet is under the hood on the passenger side. And the

procedure
> > to refill is just as you described.
> >
> > I had the same problem with my XLT and that's the way I fixed it.
> >
> > "Stephen M. Gluck" <smgluck@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > news:k11aa1lltid1l9h66hs9vdbfd366j3bk9h@4ax.com...
> > > My '97 EB needs a on AC charge of refrigerant. There is still
> > > refrigerant in the system but not enough. A couple of questions. Is
> > > the charging inlet on the top of the compressor under the hood on the
> > > passenger side ? Anybody have any experience with a recharge kit. I
> > > semember doing a refill on my '70 Monte Carlo. Is the procedure to
> > > turn on the engine and AC attach the hose and valve to the inlet and
> > > cannister and open the valve until the cannister is empty and close
> > > the valve and disconnect. BTW there are no leaks of refrigerent. I had
> > > some work done on the HVAC and i beleive the service station did not
> > > fully charge the AC.

> >
> >

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:34.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.