Instument lights.... should I bother? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2005, 00:09   #1 (permalink)
Alan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Instument lights.... should I bother?

My '97 XLT has one or two blown instrument lights, on the right so I can't
see oil or battery gauges at night. The others are ok.
Anyone know how difficult it is to replace them?
Cheers.

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-17-2005, 00:09   #2 (permalink)
Mikepier
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Instument lights.... should I bother?

Put it this way, if you had a problem with your oil pressure or
charging system, the "check gauges" light will come on and you'll know
there's a problem.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 00:09   #3 (permalink)
Just_Steve
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Instument lights.... should I bother?

Search Google for "just_steve instrument panel". Take a look at
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...threadid=37017 to get
an idea of the dash removal process. I'm pretty sure you have to pull the
instrument cluster out to get to the bulbs, although I have to admit I've
never tried just reaching up behind the cluster - but if memory serves I
don't think there's any way to get to the bulbs without disassembly. If I
was going to do it, and if it does require taking the whole cluster out, I'd
go ahead and replace all of them while I had it apart. I wish I'd done so
the last time I had the cluster out for a different problem. Watch out for
the small rubber bumpers on the back of the dash panels - they tend to get
caught on the edges of the dash and pop off, falling into the darkness
inside. If you've led a good life they might fall all the way down through
the dash and you'll find it on the floor... ;-)

Steve

"Alan" <alyinsanfran@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:BE5B36C4.72EE%alyinsanfran@earthlink.net...
> My '97 XLT has one or two blown instrument lights, on the right so I can't
> see oil or battery gauges at night. The others are ok.
> Anyone know how difficult it is to replace them?
> Cheers.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 00:09   #4 (permalink)
Paul Scrutton
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Instument lights.... should I bother?

It's not that bad. It took me a couple of hours to get it out using a Haynes
manual, at a leisurely pace.

Paul

"Just_Steve" <no_thanks@im_not_home.now> wrote in message
news:uBxZd.7276$Wy.5396@okepread02...
> Search Google for "just_steve instrument panel". Take a look at
> http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...threadid=37017 to
> get
> an idea of the dash removal process. I'm pretty sure you have to pull the
> instrument cluster out to get to the bulbs, although I have to admit I've
> never tried just reaching up behind the cluster - but if memory serves I
> don't think there's any way to get to the bulbs without disassembly. If I
> was going to do it, and if it does require taking the whole cluster out,
> I'd
> go ahead and replace all of them while I had it apart. I wish I'd done so
> the last time I had the cluster out for a different problem. Watch out
> for
> the small rubber bumpers on the back of the dash panels - they tend to get
> caught on the edges of the dash and pop off, falling into the darkness
> inside. If you've led a good life they might fall all the way down
> through
> the dash and you'll find it on the floor... ;-)
>
> Steve
>
> "Alan" <alyinsanfran@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:BE5B36C4.72EE%alyinsanfran@earthlink.net...
>> My '97 XLT has one or two blown instrument lights, on the right so I
>> can't
>> see oil or battery gauges at night. The others are ok.
>> Anyone know how difficult it is to replace them?
>> Cheers.
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:01   #5 (permalink)
S.P.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re:Headlight switch.... should I bother?

How much trouble to replace the headlight switch in a 94 Limited? I can get
the instrument lights on if I jiggle the switch exactly right. The
headlights work regardless if the panel lights are lit.

> It's not that bad. It took me a couple of hours to get it out using a
> Haynes manual, at a leisurely pace.



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clear tail lights? Yay or Nay?? (Birthday pressie suggestion) MKII BOSS Ford Ute Forum 6 01-17-2005 03:39
HELP my F150 lights will not turn off cbence Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel 7 10-27-2003 21:35
F150 lights will not turn off cbence Interior | Electrical | ECU 4 10-27-2003 20:10
F150 lights staying on cbence General Tech 1 10-27-2003 20:09

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.