Re: Power Mirror Repair on '91, '92, '97
> Ah. I have the manual on CD and couldn't find this info. I think I need to
> get used to how it's layed out.
I was just looking thru my manual-on-cd looking at the wiring diagrams-
I found the mirror info under "body".
For a 94 Explorer, here's the info:
Mirror Glass, Power Outside Mirror, Explorer
1. Push in on the bottom of the glass until it stops.
2. Protect the mirror body with a rag or similar material at the top
and insert a flat blade screwdriver between the mirror body and glass.
3. Pry on the glass until it snaps loose from motor assembly. On
Explorer Limited, disconnect the heater wires from the glass.
4. Remove the screwdriver and continue to pull the glass by hand until
it is completely unsnapped from the motor assembly.
1. Make sure the rubber gasket on the motor is properly installed on
the motor assembly.
2. Position the glass assembly in the mirror and move glass around
until it drops into place.
3. Push on the center of the glass to snap it in place.
4. Check glass for looseness. If loose, push on glass until it is fully