Rebuilding seat help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-05, 02:01 PM
lovs2fly
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Rebuilding seat help

I have a 93 xlt that the driver side seat is just about gone. My backside is
getting a little sore riding on the metal. The fabric is decent shape but I
will need to rebuild everything underneath. Does anyone have and good
sources for supplies? Any hints? Thanks in advance.

Dennis




 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-05, 11:01 AM
Bill Jeffrey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Rebuilding seat help

This may be a dumb suggestion, but can you switch it with the
passenger's seat? I did this on a Blazer when the driver's seat (which
got almost all of the wear) started getting a bit ratty, and it worked
like a charm.

Bill Jeffrey
======================

lovs2fly wrote:
> I have a 93 xlt that the driver side seat is just about gone. My backside is
> getting a little sore riding on the metal. The fabric is decent shape but I
> will need to rebuild everything underneath. Does anyone have and good
> sources for supplies? Any hints? Thanks in advance.
>
> Dennis
>
>


 
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-05, 09:01 PM
lovs2fly
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Rebuilding seat help

I could but the foam padding is really bad. Almost nothing left. So, at this
point I think it is best to just make the repair.
"Bill Jeffrey" <wjeffreyAT@alum.DOTmit.edu> wrote in message
news:mx5fe.33197$_K.6450@fed1read03...
> This may be a dumb suggestion, but can you switch it with the passenger's
> seat? I did this on a Blazer when the driver's seat (which got almost all
> of the wear) started getting a bit ratty, and it worked like a charm.
>
> Bill Jeffrey
> ======================
>
> lovs2fly wrote:
>> I have a 93 xlt that the driver side seat is just about gone. My backside
>> is getting a little sore riding on the metal. The fabric is decent shape
>> but I will need to rebuild everything underneath. Does anyone have and
>> good sources for supplies? Any hints? Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Dennis

>



 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-05, 01:01 PM
Ashton Crusher
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Rebuilding seat help

On Sat, 7 May 2005 22:10:30 -0400, "lovs2fly" <wiaterd@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I could but the foam padding is really bad. Almost nothing left. So, at this
>point I think it is best to just make the repair.


Have you considered calling Ford and seeing if they still sell the
foam cushion? That's what I did a few years ago. Cost was around
$100 but it's new and perfect, not some pieced together patchwork
repair.


>"Bill Jeffrey" <wjeffreyAT@alum.DOTmit.edu> wrote in message
>news:mx5fe.33197$_K.6450@fed1read03...
>> This may be a dumb suggestion, but can you switch it with the passenger's
>> seat? I did this on a Blazer when the driver's seat (which got almost all
>> of the wear) started getting a bit ratty, and it worked like a charm.
>>
>> Bill Jeffrey
>> ======================
>>
>> lovs2fly wrote:
>>> I have a 93 xlt that the driver side seat is just about gone. My backside
>>> is getting a little sore riding on the metal. The fabric is decent shape
>>> but I will need to rebuild everything underneath. Does anyone have and
>>> good sources for supplies? Any hints? Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Dennis

>>

>


--
New service to compete with paypal
Get $25 pre-registration bonus by
following this link
www.greenzap.com/25smackers4u
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome