Re: replacing front door speaker: '97 explorer
> How do you remove a door panel to replace a front factory speaker in a '97?
From my '98 Workshop Manual:
Trim Panel, Front Door, Removal:
Note: High series shown, low series similar.
Note: The window must be completely down to remove the front door trim
1. On high series front door trim panel, disconnect the battery ground
2. Remove the screws (above door handle cup).
3. Remove the inside door handle cup (22634).
4. On low series front door trim panel, remove the screw and the window
5. Start in a lower corner and work around the panel, carefully prying
the front door trim panel (23942) away from the front door (20124) to
disengage the pushpins.
6. Lift the front door trim panel to disengage the top lip from the
7. Turn the front door trim panel over.
8. Disconnect the power window switch and the power door lock switch
a. Remove the screws.
b. Disconnect the electrical connectors.
9. If equipped, remove the courtesy lamp bulb from the lens and remove
the front door trim panel.
1. Note: When the battery (10653) is disconnected and reconnected,
some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the vehicle relearns its
adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 mi) or
more to relearn the strategy.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.