'00 Mustang Insurance - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2005, 16:01   #1 (permalink)
MustangCzukor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
'00 Mustang Insurance

Hi,

Recently joined this NG and have been reading up on various discussions
on insurance rates for 'stangs.

I drive a '00 Mustang Convertible 6 Cyl Automatic with abt 50k miles on
it. I am single, male, 27 and rent an apartment in Los Angeles (ouch!
ouch! and ouch!).

I am insured with Farmers and pay a whopping $2400 premium per annum!
This includes a good driver discount and other discounts for a graduate
degree and engineering background etc. (which I never knew existed!!).

I am surprised when I read some unbelievably low rates on this NG. Can
someone tell me what I can do to lower my insurance rates?

TIA,
-V

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-27-2005, 16:01   #2 (permalink)
SVTKate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: '00 Mustang Insurance

I would suggest two things:

Get renter's indurance, that will give you a multi policy discount
two

Give Allstate a call.
I went price shopping recently. Didn't look too hard but got a few prices.
They were the cheapest for MY personal needs.

98 Cobra Drop Top
$1030. ins. per year. Ample coverage with low deductibles.
Multi policy, multi car old woman (47) discounts and a good driver
discount.(aint THAT a hoot!)

Kate


"MustangCzukor" <maddunr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1111965208.323395.299750@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
| Hi,
|
| Recently joined this NG and have been reading up on various discussions
| on insurance rates for 'stangs.
|
| I drive a '00 Mustang Convertible 6 Cyl Automatic with abt 50k miles on
| it. I am single, male, 27 and rent an apartment in Los Angeles (ouch!
| ouch! and ouch!).
|
| I am insured with Farmers and pay a whopping $2400 premium per annum!
| This includes a good driver discount and other discounts for a graduate
| degree and engineering background etc. (which I never knew existed!!).
|
| I am surprised when I read some unbelievably low rates on this NG. Can
| someone tell me what I can do to lower my insurance rates?
|
| TIA,
| -V
|


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 16:01   #3 (permalink)
SVTKate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: '00 Mustang Insurance

Indurance = insurance
whed you hab a code id your dose!


"SVTKate" <whoever@whatever.complaint.dept> wrote in message
news:OnH1e.10285$S46.5643@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
|I would suggest two things:
|
| Get renter's indurance, that will give you a multi policy discount
| two
|
| Give Allstate a call.
| I went price shopping recently. Didn't look too hard but got a few prices.
| They were the cheapest for MY personal needs.
|
| 98 Cobra Drop Top
| $1030. ins. per year. Ample coverage with low deductibles.
| Multi policy, multi car old woman (47) discounts and a good driver
| discount.(aint THAT a hoot!)
|
| Kate
|
|
| "MustangCzukor" <maddunr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| news:1111965208.323395.299750@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
|| Hi,
||
|| Recently joined this NG and have been reading up on various discussions
|| on insurance rates for 'stangs.
||
|| I drive a '00 Mustang Convertible 6 Cyl Automatic with abt 50k miles on
|| it. I am single, male, 27 and rent an apartment in Los Angeles (ouch!
|| ouch! and ouch!).
||
|| I am insured with Farmers and pay a whopping $2400 premium per annum!
|| This includes a good driver discount and other discounts for a graduate
|| degree and engineering background etc. (which I never knew existed!!).
||
|| I am surprised when I read some unbelievably low rates on this NG. Can
|| someone tell me what I can do to lower my insurance rates?
||
|| TIA,
|| -V
||
|
|


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 17:01   #4 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: '00 Mustang Insurance

Well,
1) move out of LA (and California) to someplace like the Nevada
desert, add some age,
2) get married and put car in wife's name only
3) add a couple of kids who do not drive and who are straight A
students,
4) buy a home and insure with the same company,
5) add another car insured with the same company,
6) get a beat up old Volare 6 cyl,
7) drop any coverage you don't absolutely have to carry....
8) reduce the number of miles you drive
9) don't drive to work (use car for pleasure only)
10) if you belong to any associations (like an Engineering Assc, see
if they have any insurance plans)
11) join some form of association AAA, Costco, etc, which has an
insurance company affiliation
12) compare other insurance companies (DO NOT DROP PRESENT COVERAGE
UNTIL YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE COVERED BY ANOTHER COMPANY!!! Drop the old
one too early and you could find yourself in a major bind.)
13) become filthy rich and you won't care how much you pay
14) as a last resort, sell the car, tear up your drivers license, and
use public transportation.

My Mustang (see below for details), for full coverage with Allstate,
runs about 65 per month. But, I live in rural northern California,
I'm retired law enforcement, and 56.

One of my friends in Washington back in 1971 had a Corvette which cost
him $1200 a year. About every 4 years he was paying for the car again.

On 27 Mar 2005 15:13:28 -0800, "MustangCzukor" <maddunr@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Recently joined this NG and have been reading up on various discussions
>on insurance rates for 'stangs.
>
>I drive a '00 Mustang Convertible 6 Cyl Automatic with abt 50k miles on
>it. I am single, male, 27 and rent an apartment in Los Angeles (ouch!
>ouch! and ouch!).
>
>I am insured with Farmers and pay a whopping $2400 premium per annum!
>This includes a good driver discount and other discounts for a graduate
>degree and engineering background etc. (which I never knew existed!!).
>
>I am surprised when I read some unbelievably low rates on this NG. Can
>someone tell me what I can do to lower my insurance rates?
>
>TIA,
>-V


Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 17:01   #5 (permalink)
relic895@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: '00 Mustang Insurance

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:46:15 GMT, "SVTKate"
<whoever@whatever.complaint.dept> wrote:

>Indurance = insurance
>whed you hab a code id your dose!
>
>


cold??
i thought u had the dose

hurc ast
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 19:01   #6 (permalink)
MustangCzukor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: '00 Mustang Insurance

Spike,

Thanks for all the advice :). Looks like I can't put any to use for
now. I will look into #11 and #12 though.

- V

Spike wrote:
> Well,
> 1) move out of LA (and California) to someplace like the Nevada
> desert, add some age,
> 2) get married and put car in wife's name only
> 3) add a couple of kids who do not drive and who are straight A
> students,
> 4) buy a home and insure with the same company,
> 5) add another car insured with the same company,
> 6) get a beat up old Volare 6 cyl,
> 7) drop any coverage you don't absolutely have to carry....
> 8) reduce the number of miles you drive
> 9) don't drive to work (use car for pleasure only)
> 10) if you belong to any associations (like an Engineering Assc, see
> if they have any insurance plans)
> 11) join some form of association AAA, Costco, etc, which has an
> insurance company affiliation
> 12) compare other insurance companies (DO NOT DROP PRESENT COVERAGE
> UNTIL YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE COVERED BY ANOTHER COMPANY!!! Drop the old
> one too early and you could find yourself in a major bind.)
> 13) become filthy rich and you won't care how much you pay
> 14) as a last resort, sell the car, tear up your drivers license, and
> use public transportation.
>
> My Mustang (see below for details), for full coverage with Allstate,
> runs about 65 per month. But, I live in rural northern California,
> I'm retired law enforcement, and 56.
>
> One of my friends in Washington back in 1971 had a Corvette which

cost
> him $1200 a year. About every 4 years he was paying for the car

again.
>
> On 27 Mar 2005 15:13:28 -0800, "MustangCzukor" <maddunr@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Recently joined this NG and have been reading up on various

discussions
> >on insurance rates for 'stangs.
> >
> >I drive a '00 Mustang Convertible 6 Cyl Automatic with abt 50k miles

on
> >it. I am single, male, 27 and rent an apartment in Los Angeles

(ouch!
> >ouch! and ouch!).
> >
> >I am insured with Farmers and pay a whopping $2400 premium per

annum!
> >This includes a good driver discount and other discounts for a

graduate
> >degree and engineering background etc. (which I never knew

existed!!).
> >
> >I am surprised when I read some unbelievably low rates on this NG.

Can
> >someone tell me what I can do to lower my insurance rates?
> >
> >TIA,
> >-V

>
> Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
> 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
> Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
> Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
> w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 22:01   #7 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: '00 Mustang Insurance

Yeah, I know... I went through the same thing years ago. Bummer ain't
it. Worse, when I moved to Portugal, I had GEICO, which I had in Japan
and California. Soon as they found out I was in Portugal, they
cancelled my insurance. Had to fight for a long time to get them
straightened out. But not surprising... in Portugal you didn't even
have to use headlights at night as long as you were in a well lit
area. And a well lit area is anywhere the light from a store window
falls on the street.

Anyway... in time maybe you can find a couple more you can use. Good
Luck!

On 27 Mar 2005 17:53:28 -0800, "MustangCzukor" <maddunr@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Spike,
>
>Thanks for all the advice :). Looks like I can't put any to use for
>now. I will look into #11 and #12 though.
>
>- V
>
>Spike wrote:
>> Well,
>> 1) move out of LA (and California) to someplace like the Nevada
>> desert, add some age,
>> 2) get married and put car in wife's name only
>> 3) add a couple of kids who do not drive and who are straight A
>> students,
>> 4) buy a home and insure with the same company,
>> 5) add another car insured with the same company,
>> 6) get a beat up old Volare 6 cyl,
>> 7) drop any coverage you don't absolutely have to carry....
>> 8) reduce the number of miles you drive
>> 9) don't drive to work (use car for pleasure only)
>> 10) if you belong to any associations (like an Engineering Assc, see
>> if they have any insurance plans)
>> 11) join some form of association AAA, Costco, etc, which has an
>> insurance company affiliation
>> 12) compare other insurance companies (DO NOT DROP PRESENT COVERAGE
>> UNTIL YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE COVERED BY ANOTHER COMPANY!!! Drop the old
>> one too early and you could find yourself in a major bind.)
>> 13) become filthy rich and you won't care how much you pay
>> 14) as a last resort, sell the car, tear up your drivers license, and
>> use public transportation.
>>
>> My Mustang (see below for details), for full coverage with Allstate,
>> runs about 65 per month. But, I live in rural northern California,
>> I'm retired law enforcement, and 56.
>>
>> One of my friends in Washington back in 1971 had a Corvette which

>cost
>> him $1200 a year. About every 4 years he was paying for the car

>again.
>>
>> On 27 Mar 2005 15:13:28 -0800, "MustangCzukor" <maddunr@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >Recently joined this NG and have been reading up on various

>discussions
>> >on insurance rates for 'stangs.
>> >
>> >I drive a '00 Mustang Convertible 6 Cyl Automatic with abt 50k miles

>on
>> >it. I am single, male, 27 and rent an apartment in Los Angeles

>(ouch!
>> >ouch! and ouch!).
>> >
>> >I am insured with Farmers and pay a whopping $2400 premium per

>annum!
>> >This includes a good driver discount and other discounts for a

>graduate
>> >degree and engineering background etc. (which I never knew

>existed!!).
>> >
>> >I am surprised when I read some unbelievably low rates on this NG.

>Can
>> >someone tell me what I can do to lower my insurance rates?
>> >
>> >TIA,
>> >-V

>>
>> Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
>> 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
>> Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
>> Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
>> w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16


Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:01   #8 (permalink)
ZombyWoof
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: '00 Mustang Insurance

On 27 Mar 2005 15:13:28 -0800, "MustangCzukor" <maddunr@yahoo.com>
wrote something wonderfully witty:

>Hi,
>
>Recently joined this NG and have been reading up on various discussions
>on insurance rates for 'stangs.
>
>I drive a '00 Mustang Convertible 6 Cyl Automatic with abt 50k miles on
>it. I am single, male, 27 and rent an apartment in Los Angeles (ouch!
>ouch! and ouch!).
>
>I am insured with Farmers and pay a whopping $2400 premium per annum!
>This includes a good driver discount and other discounts for a graduate
>degree and engineering background etc. (which I never knew existed!!).
>
>I am surprised when I read some unbelievably low rates on this NG. Can
>someone tell me what I can do to lower my insurance rates?
>
>TIA,
>-V
>

Insurance is a very dependant variable thing. An awful lot of
"depends" goes into the equation. You might see your rates drop by
simply moving 5-miles from where you currently live. Or of course
they could go the other way as well.

About the only thing you can do short of walking is to let your
fingers do the walking through your local yellow pages and start
getting quotes. Raise your deductibles to the point of pain and drop
any coverage(s) that you really don't need. Also, make sure they know
how little you drive the car. Apparently < 10,000 miles a year.

Seeing as how you don't really have any assets to go after in a suit I
wouldn't carry anything more then State mandated minimum levels of
coverage either.
--

"Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
than the well lived life really has distorted our sense
of who we are and what life is about." -- Author unkown
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:01   #9 (permalink)
MustangCzukor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: '00 Mustang Insurance

Zombywoof,

Thanks for the advice. I will look into that. Unfortunately, I do drive
the car around a lot - curse of LA.

- V

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 17:01   #10 (permalink)
Ralph Snart
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: '00 Mustang Insurance



"MustangCzukor" <maddunr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1111965208.323395.299750@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Recently joined this NG and have been reading up on various discussions
> on insurance rates for 'stangs.
>
> I drive a '00 Mustang Convertible 6 Cyl Automatic with abt 50k miles on
> it. I am single, male, 27 and rent an apartment in Los Angeles (ouch!
> ouch! and ouch!).
>
> I am insured with Farmers and pay a whopping $2400 premium per annum!
> This includes a good driver discount and other discounts for a graduate
> degree and engineering background etc. (which I never knew existed!!).
>
> I am surprised when I read some unbelievably low rates on this NG. Can
> someone tell me what I can do to lower my insurance rates?
>
> TIA,
> -V
>


As Kurt Russel did, 'Escape From L.A.'

Seriously, dude, except for NYC, Detroit, San Fran and maybe Chicago - I
can't think of any place on this earth that has higher auto insurance rates.

I've been to LA - nice for about 2 days, then it's time get get the f**k
out. The same can be said about San Fran (I lived there for 4 weeks - the
only nice thing that I can say is that I watched part of an ep of 'Nash
Bridges' being filmed).

Look into moving out of the Sunshine/Illegal Alien/Undocumented Workers
state, get out of the only city that has had riots in it for years, get away
from the Crips, the Bloods and their violent subculture that raises
everybodies taxes and insurance rates.


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:19.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.