1966 Mustang - Cancelling Cam - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2005, 22:01   #1 (permalink)
F.T.S.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
1966 Mustang - Cancelling Cam

Hi there,

I think I may need to replace the cancelling cam in my '66 coupe. Is this
something easy to do for someone that has never done it before?



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-23-2005, 10:01   #2 (permalink)
Mark C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1966 Mustang - Cancelling Cam

Are you referring to the turn signal switch? It's best to buy a whole new
switch and replace that. Buy the more expensive Ford switch. As I recall
it's around 70 bones. The aftermarket switches seem to be inferior. If you
have some mechanical skill and a steering wheel puller do it yourself.

--
Mark
--
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?".





"F.T.S." <fstrass@netcom.ca> wrote in message
news:n8jae.1280$g4.27288@tor-nn1.netcom.ca...
> Hi there,
>
> I think I may need to replace the cancelling cam in my '66 coupe. Is this
> something easy to do for someone that has never done it before?
>
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 23:01   #3 (permalink)
F.T.S.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1966 Mustang - Cancelling Cam

Yes I am referring to the turn signal switch. I do not have a steering wheel
puller so I may be looking at a mechanic doing it for me instead.



"Mark C." <mustango656@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:m7KdnYXgO6U0-PffRVn-vw@comcast.com...
> Are you referring to the turn signal switch? It's best to buy a whole new
> switch and replace that. Buy the more expensive Ford switch. As I recall
> it's around 70 bones. The aftermarket switches seem to be inferior. If you
> have some mechanical skill and a steering wheel puller do it yourself.
>
> --
> Mark
> --
> I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
> what?".
>
>
>
>
>
> "F.T.S." <fstrass@netcom.ca> wrote in message
> news:n8jae.1280$g4.27288@tor-nn1.netcom.ca...
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I think I may need to replace the cancelling cam in my '66 coupe. Is

this
> > something easy to do for someone that has never done it before?
> >
> >
> >

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 14:01   #4 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1966 Mustang - Cancelling Cam

I don't know about where you are, but around here there are several
places to either rent such tools, or even get loaners from places like
Pep Boys, (not sure they are the ones, it may be one of the other
chains... someone else here might know).

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:32:54 -0400, "F.T.S." <fstrass@netcom.ca>
wrote:

>Yes I am referring to the turn signal switch. I do not have a steering wheel
>puller so I may be looking at a mechanic doing it for me instead.
>
>
>
>"Mark C." <mustango656@comcast.net> wrote in message
>news:m7KdnYXgO6U0-PffRVn-vw@comcast.com...
>> Are you referring to the turn signal switch? It's best to buy a whole new
>> switch and replace that. Buy the more expensive Ford switch. As I recall
>> it's around 70 bones. The aftermarket switches seem to be inferior. If you
>> have some mechanical skill and a steering wheel puller do it yourself.
>>
>> --
>> Mark
>> --
>> I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
>> what?".
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "F.T.S." <fstrass@netcom.ca> wrote in message
>> news:n8jae.1280$g4.27288@tor-nn1.netcom.ca...
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > I think I may need to replace the cancelling cam in my '66 coupe. Is

>this
>> > something easy to do for someone that has never done it before?
>> >
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>


Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.