2003 GT Convertible top - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #1 (permalink)
mustangjoe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
2003 GT Convertible top

When I pu the top up on my '03 vert the top stops when the header gets
to within about an inch or so from the header rail. I then have to pull
it down to lock it in place. It's been that way since I picked up the
car from the dealer 2 years ago. I never thought anything about it
until my neighbors son bought a 2000 'vert. His top comes all the down
to the header rail and he can lock it without having to pull it down.
Which is correct?

Thanks!

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #2 (permalink)
SVTKate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2003 GT Convertible top

His is.

Yours may be a bit too tight.

"mustangjoe" <joeliotine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1117716730.261036.71960@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
| When I pu the top up on my '03 vert the top stops when the header gets
| to within about an inch or so from the header rail. I then have to pull
| it down to lock it in place. It's been that way since I picked up the
| car from the dealer 2 years ago. I never thought anything about it
| until my neighbors son bought a 2000 'vert. His top comes all the down
| to the header rail and he can lock it without having to pull it down.
| Which is correct?
|
| Thanks!
|


  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #3 (permalink)
Scotter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2003 GT Convertible top

Are you first dropping all your windows an inch?
--
Scotter
96 GT Vert


"mustangjoe" <joeliotine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1117716730.261036.71960@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> When I pu the top up on my '03 vert the top stops when the header gets
> to within about an inch or so from the header rail. I then have to pull
> it down to lock it in place. It's been that way since I picked up the
> car from the dealer 2 years ago. I never thought anything about it
> until my neighbors son bought a 2000 'vert. His top comes all the down
> to the header rail and he can lock it without having to pull it down.
> Which is correct?
>
> Thanks!
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #4 (permalink)
William Claude Dukenfield
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2003 GT Convertible top

As the top gets older, it stretches. Eventually too much ;-(

On 2 Jun 2005 05:52:10 -0700, "mustangjoe" <joeliotine@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>When I pu the top up on my '03 vert the top stops when the header gets
>to within about an inch or so from the header rail. I then have to pull
>it down to lock it in place. It's been that way since I picked up the
>car from the dealer 2 years ago. I never thought anything about it
>until my neighbors son bought a 2000 'vert. His top comes all the down
>to the header rail and he can lock it without having to pull it down.
>Which is correct?
>
>Thanks!


  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #5 (permalink)
Scudder
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2003 GT Convertible top

In article <1117716730.261036.71960@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
mustangjoe <joeliotine@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I pu the top up on my '03 vert the top stops when the header gets
> to within about an inch or so from the header rail. I then have to pull
> it down to lock it in place. It's been that way since I picked up the
> car from the dealer 2 years ago. I never thought anything about it
> until my neighbors son bought a 2000 'vert. His top comes all the down
> to the header rail and he can lock it without having to pull it down.
> Which is correct?
>
> Thanks!
>


Mine is the same. I actually have to pull down on it quite hard, on
both sides. My GT vert is the same year as yours.

Does yours make a screaching sound once it's past half-way up? I now
let go of the button and let it drop, which it does fairly slowly.

--
Remove"bogus" to mail
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #6 (permalink)
SVTKate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2003 GT Convertible top

Some of them shrink...
and if it's cold, it's even worse.

Kate


"William Claude Dukenfield" <William Claude Dukenfield@127.0.0.1> wrote in
message news:nc7u91lv1gdmksho23d3g0uudkh3dau8h2@4ax.com...
| As the top gets older, it stretches. Eventually too much ;-(
|
| On 2 Jun 2005 05:52:10 -0700, "mustangjoe" <joeliotine@yahoo.com>
| wrote:
| >When I pu the top up on my '03 vert the top stops when the header gets
| >to within about an inch or so from the header rail. I then have to pull
| >it down to lock it in place. It's been that way since I picked up the
| >car from the dealer 2 years ago. I never thought anything about it
| >until my neighbors son bought a 2000 'vert. His top comes all the down
| >to the header rail and he can lock it without having to pull it down.
| >Which is correct?
| >
| >Thanks!
|


  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #7 (permalink)
William Claude Dukenfield
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2003 GT Convertible top

Shrink usually means: been put down wet.

COLD, like when I drove the convts in the winter with the top down,
windows up, and heat on high ?

;-)

That Ford ad for the Mustang Convertible brought back memories ......


On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:40:34 GMT, "SVTKate"
<whoever@whatever.complaint.dept> wrote:
>Some of them shrink...
>and if it's cold, it's even worse.
>Kate
>"William Claude Dukenfield" <William Claude Dukenfield@127.0.0.1> wrote in
>message news:nc7u91lv1gdmksho23d3g0uudkh3dau8h2@4ax.com...
>| As the top gets older, it stretches. Eventually too much ;-(

<snip>
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #8 (permalink)
formoco@sklt.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2003 GT Convertible top

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:15:29 -0700, Scudder
<publicjohnbogus@gmail.com> wrote:

>In article <1117716730.261036.71960@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>mustangjoe <joeliotine@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> When I pu the top up on my '03 vert the top stops when the header gets
>> to within about an inch or so from the header rail. I then have to pull
>> it down to lock it in place. It's been that way since I picked up the
>> car from the dealer 2 years ago. I never thought anything about it
>> until my neighbors son bought a 2000 'vert. His top comes all the down
>> to the header rail and he can lock it without having to pull it down.
>> Which is correct?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>
>Mine is the same. I actually have to pull down on it quite hard, on
>both sides. My GT vert is the same year as yours.
>
>Does yours make a screaching sound once it's past half-way up? I now
>let go of the button and let it drop, which it does fairly slowly.


lmfao
no 2 fit the same
the are a pos
same with the thunderbirds
but what can you expect when ya buy a ford

h
u
r
c

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #9 (permalink)
SVTKate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2003 GT Convertible top

Ya know WCD
I forgot that the 03 has a cloth top

My beat up ol piece of junk has the vinyl top.
They shrink. Vinyl sucks. But cloth doesn't come in white.

Oh, and you are not the ONLY one that runs topless in the wintertime with
the heater on.

WHOO HOO! Goosebumps all over more than anywhere else!

Kate


"William Claude Dukenfield" <William Claude Dukenfield@127.0.0.1> wrote in
message news:uauu91pvlf6r0qq5vat17ao3pu8r2sprn9@4ax.com...
| Shrink usually means: been put down wet.
|
| COLD, like when I drove the convts in the winter with the top down,
| windows up, and heat on high ?
|
| ;-)
|
| That Ford ad for the Mustang Convertible brought back memories ......
|
|
| On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:40:34 GMT, "SVTKate"
| <whoever@whatever.complaint.dept> wrote:
| >Some of them shrink...
| >and if it's cold, it's even worse.
| >Kate
| >"William Claude Dukenfield" <William Claude Dukenfield@127.0.0.1> wrote
in
| >message news:nc7u91lv1gdmksho23d3g0uudkh3dau8h2@4ax.com...
| >| As the top gets older, it stretches. Eventually too much ;-(
| <snip>


  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #10 (permalink)
Armon Tanzerian
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2003 GT Convertible top

My '94 is the same way (ya gotta pull it down). been that way since new,
and hasn't changed.

In the winter, I've actually had to get OUT and lean on it :)


<formoco@sklt.net> wrote in message
news:i52v91lfsng7bcivimt48d5csbo8mqoo5c@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:15:29 -0700, Scudder
> <publicjohnbogus@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <1117716730.261036.71960@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>>mustangjoe <joeliotine@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> When I pu the top up on my '03 vert the top stops when the header gets
>>> to within about an inch or so from the header rail. I then have to pull
>>> it down to lock it in place. It's been that way since I picked up the
>>> car from the dealer 2 years ago. I never thought anything about it
>>> until my neighbors son bought a 2000 'vert. His top comes all the down
>>> to the header rail and he can lock it without having to pull it down.
>>> Which is correct?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>>
>>Mine is the same. I actually have to pull down on it quite hard, on
>>both sides. My GT vert is the same year as yours.
>>
>>Does yours make a screaching sound once it's past half-way up? I now
>>let go of the button and let it drop, which it does fairly slowly.

>
> lmfao
> no 2 fit the same
> the are a pos
> same with the thunderbirds
> but what can you expect when ya buy a ford
>
> h
> u
> r
> c
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:33.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.