302 in 1990 carb or FI - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 20:01   #1 (permalink)
Curtis Metzler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
302 in 1990 carb or FI

I'm putting a 302 in my 1990 mustang lx notche back.. it has a 4 cycl as it
sits but i have the engine and have been building it up.. should i fuel
inject it or should i carb it.. just would like some input on this sub..


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-21-2005, 20:01   #2 (permalink)
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 302 in 1990 carb or FI


"Curtis Metzler" <curtisimo81@mchsi.com> wrote in message
news:JBY9e.6918$c24.1064@attbi_s72...
> I'm putting a 302 in my 1990 mustang lx notche back.. it has a 4 cycl as
> it sits but i have the engine and have been building it up.. should i fuel
> inject it or should i carb it.. just would like some input on this sub..


I doubt that in most places you'd even be allowed to register or have
emissions done on it with a carb, since OE was EFI.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:01   #3 (permalink)
Kruse
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 302 in 1990 carb or FI


66 6F HCS wrote:

> I doubt that in most places you'd even be allowed to register or have


> emissions done on it with a carb, since OE was EFI.
> --
> Scott W.


You are correct. However, I'm not sure where the poster was from
either, but there are a few states where they don't have emission
testing or yearly safety inspections. (Kansas, for example, where I
live)
For the record, I'm not in favor of yanking off any emission equipment
either.
If the truck came out with EFI, keep it EFI.

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:01   #4 (permalink)
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 302 in 1990 carb or FI


"Kruse" <kruse@kansas.net> wrote
> You are correct. However, I'm not sure where the poster was from
> either, but there are a few states where they don't have emission
> testing or yearly safety inspections. (Kansas, for example, where I
> live)


I used to live in MO where there was no emissions, just a safety inspection.
Now I live in CO where it's the opposite.

> For the record, I'm not in favor of yanking off any emission equipment
> either.
> If the truck came out with EFI, keep it EFI.


Carb is easier to setup, but the advantages of EFI far outstrip the PITA
factor of installation. Which is way easier on a car meant for EFI anyways,
unlike trying to convert my '69 over to EFI.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:01   #5 (permalink)
Curtis Metzler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 302 in 1990 carb or FI

well i live in fl and there is no emission testing but i'm sure in the
future they will be starting it. But i'm actually gonna be using the car to
drag..
"66 6F HCS" <92bottledance_spammit_@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:VYudndRnwtiWxfXfRVn-ig@comcast.com...
>
> "Curtis Metzler" <curtisimo81@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> news:JBY9e.6918$c24.1064@attbi_s72...
>> I'm putting a 302 in my 1990 mustang lx notche back.. it has a 4 cycl as
>> it sits but i have the engine and have been building it up.. should i
>> fuel inject it or should i carb it.. just would like some input on this
>> sub..

>
> I doubt that in most places you'd even be allowed to register or have
> emissions done on it with a carb, since OE was EFI.
> --
> Scott W.
> '66 HCS Mustang 289
> '68 Ranchero 500 302
> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> ThunderSnake #57
> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 00:01   #6 (permalink)
351CJ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 302 in 1990 carb or FI


"Curtis Metzler" <curtisimo81@mchsi.com> wrote in message
news:YlOae.16125$NU4.5740@attbi_s22...
> well i live in fl and there is no emission testing but i'm sure in the
> future they will be starting it. But i'm actually gonna be using the car
> to drag..
> "66 6F HCS" <92bottledance_spammit_@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:VYudndRnwtiWxfXfRVn-ig@comcast.com...
>>
>> "Curtis Metzler" <curtisimo81@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> news:JBY9e.6918$c24.1064@attbi_s72...
>>> I'm putting a 302 in my 1990 mustang lx notche back.. it has a 4 cycl
>>> as it sits but i have the engine and have been building it up.. should i
>>> fuel inject it or should i carb it.. just would like some input on this
>>> sub..

>>
>> I doubt that in most places you'd even be allowed to register or have
>> emissions done on it with a carb, since OE was EFI.
>> --
>> Scott W.
>> '66 HCS Mustang 289
>> '68 Ranchero 500 302
>> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
>> ThunderSnake #57
>> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/
>>


WARNING: Federal law makes it illegal for ANYONE to tamper with, disconnect,
remove or otherwise render inoperative ANY emissions-related control device.
The Environmental Protection Agency and most states have actually been
rather lax about enforcing this rule on motorists, but they haven't
hesitated to nail professional service facilities that have been guilty of
tampering. Even so, the fines can be hefty. A violation may make you liable
for up to a $2,500 fine!


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:44.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.