305 newbie question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2005, 13:01   #1 (permalink)
pipper
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
305 newbie question

Hi everyone, I stored the pony all winter and now that I want to pull her
out, shes dead. This is what is going on, when I stored it in the garage, I
would turn over the engine and let it run for about 15 mins once every two
weeks, I would make sure to disconnect the batt. after so I don't suck out
the juice. 2 weeks ago I went to turn her over again and all I get is a
click sound, just clicks once after I turn the key and that's it. I found a
starter relay in the tool box and replaced it, but I am still having the
same problem, I'm not sure if the relay is wrong or if the starter is dead
(or dying).. any help would be appreciated! Thanks!


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-17-2005, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
omarsimms25793@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 305 newbie question

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:37:12 -0400, "pipper" <rowdypipper@excite.com>
wrote:

>Hi everyone, I stored the pony all winter and now that I want to pull her
>out, shes dead. This is what is going on, when I stored it in the garage, I
>would turn over the engine and let it run for about 15 mins once every two
>weeks, I would make sure to disconnect the batt. after so I don't suck out
>the juice. 2 weeks ago I went to turn her over again and all I get is a
>click sound, just clicks once after I turn the key and that's it. I found a
>starter relay in the tool box and replaced it, but I am still having the
>same problem, I'm not sure if the relay is wrong or if the starter is dead
>(or dying).. any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
>


lmfao
check the battery you ****TARD

hurc ast
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 14:01   #3 (permalink)
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 305 newbie question


"pipper" <rowdypipper@excite.com> wrote in message
news:h1y8e.206$Jg5.81381@news20.bellglobal.com...
> Hi everyone, I stored the pony all winter and now that I want to pull her
> out, shes dead. This is what is going on, when I stored it in the garage,
> I would turn over the engine and let it run for about 15 mins once every
> two weeks,


I don't think 15 minutes is enough to completely warm her up,especially
every 2 weeks. I woulda just left her completely alone, fogged the carb with
oil, topped off the tank and added sta-bil. Done! That's what I did with the
'69. She choked and sputtered a bit on initial startup, but once she got
going, nada problemo. Tune the carb and voila.

> I would make sure to disconnect the batt. after so I don't suck out the
> juice. 2 weeks ago I went to turn her over again and all I get is a click
> sound, just clicks once after I turn the key and that's it. I found a
> starter relay in the tool box and replaced it, but I am still having the
> same problem, I'm not sure if the relay is wrong or if the starter is dead
> (or dying).. any help would be appreciated! Thanks!


Sounds like the battery's just flat out dead. Did you check that first,
before doing anything else?

Also, FYI, the 305 is a Chevy boat anchor of a motor.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 16:01   #4 (permalink)
Kruse
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 305 newbie question


66 6F HCS wrote:

> Also, FYI, the 305 is a Chevy boat anchor of a motor.
> --
> Scott W.



You are right (Chev 305 being a boat anchor) AND I got a good laugh out
of your post. However, I just assumed that he had a bored over Ford
302. ;-)

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 23:01   #5 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 305 newbie question

"Kruse" <kruse@kansas.net> wrote in message
news:1113775651.993386.94490@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>
> 66 6F HCS wrote:
>
>> Also, FYI, the 305 is a Chevy boat anchor of a motor.
>> --
>> Scott W.

>
>
> You are right (Chev 305 being a boat anchor) AND I got a good laugh out
> of your post. However, I just assumed that he had a bored over Ford
> 302. ;-)


The he should have specified it as a 302, bored 0.030" over.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:04.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.