373 Gears - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2005, 05:01   #1 (permalink)
JEFFREY PRIVOTT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
373 Gears

I just installed some 373 gears in a 94gt Mustang. I am wondering about how
much should it throw off my speed odometer. Thanks for all help.

94gt , newley installed 373's
borla catback's
Mac Headers


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-23-2005, 08:01   #2 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 373 Gears

"JEFFREY PRIVOTT" <privott39@verizon.net> wrote:

> I just installed some 373 gears in a 94gt Mustang. I am wondering
> about how much should it throw off my speed odometer. Thanks for all
> help.


What was it before? Ask a math major.
OR, better yet

Simply get on the interstate and note odo reading at a mile marker then
see what it is ten miles later. TEN miles to deal with error due to
placement of marker or parallax error on your part.

If the odo reading is 1 mile off, then your speedo and odo are off 10%

Everyone should do this, anyway


--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:01   #3 (permalink)
WindsorFox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 373 Gears

Backyard Mechanic wrote:
> "JEFFREY PRIVOTT" <privott39@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>
>>I just installed some 373 gears in a 94gt Mustang. I am wondering
>>about how much should it throw off my speed odometer. Thanks for all
>>help.

>
>
> What was it before? Ask a math major.
> OR, better yet
>
> Simply get on the interstate and note odo reading at a mile marker then
> see what it is ten miles later. TEN miles to deal with error due to
> placement of marker or parallax error on your part.
>
> If the odo reading is 1 mile off, then your speedo and odo are off 10%
>
> Everyone should do this, anyway
>
>



Better yet, just get the blue drive gear fot the speedo and install
it in the transmission. Why didn't the guy doing the installation
mention it??? If you use someone who has done Mustangs he should have
said something.

--
I'm intrigued by the thought that, later on,
the poster wont be able to find his question,
let alone an answer. - Backyard Mechanic
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:01   #4 (permalink)
bill302
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 373 Gears

this is what i used with my 3.73 gears

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-98...17939677QQrdZ1

also check out this site scrool down to speedo gear section

http://www.corral.net/tech/drivetrain/gears.html

bill302 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2138402

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:02   #5 (permalink)
JEFFREY PRIVOTT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 373 Gears

Thanks for all the insite. I will surely try this out.

Ninja out,
"JEFFREY PRIVOTT" <privott39@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:ukZgf.2375$SE2.621@trnddc04...
>I just installed some 373 gears in a 94gt Mustang. I am wondering about how
>much should it throw off my speed odometer. Thanks for all help.
>
> 94gt , newley installed 373's
> borla catback's
> Mac Headers
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 16:01   #6 (permalink)
Rusty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 373 Gears

You can get this from your ford dealer.




"bill302" <billycornelison@nospam.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:0373bec768ff2cc16df7bf9017d865fa@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
> this is what i used with my 3.73 gears
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-98...17939677QQrdZ1
>
> also check out this site scrool down to speedo gear section
>
> http://www.corral.net/tech/drivetrain/gears.html
>
> bill302 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2138402
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 19:01   #7 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 373 Gears

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:56:59 -0600, "Rusty" <rdailey@grandecom.net>
wrote:

>You can get this from your ford dealer.


I thought I could get this from my local Ford dealer... I got refereed
to "someone who knows how to fix speedometers.... you might try the
internet...."

Just like I thought I could get information on a mini-spare that would
work with my car, since I changed the tire size from 14 to 16 inch,
from tire places like Goodyear, etc... Same deal... "you should
contact a Ford dealer..." who in turn told me "find someone who
knows..."

It's getting harder and harder to find places where there is any real
knowledge that isn't spewed out by a computer.


>
>
>
>
>"bill302" <billycornelison@nospam.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>news:0373bec768ff2cc16df7bf9017d865fa@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
>> this is what i used with my 3.73 gears
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-98...17939677QQrdZ1
>>
>> also check out this site scrool down to speedo gear section
>>
>> http://www.corral.net/tech/drivetrain/gears.html
>>
>> bill302 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2138402
>>

>

--

Spike
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2, Vintage Burgundy
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Vintage 40 16" rims w/225/50ZR16 KDWS BF Goodrich
gForce Radial T/As, Cobra drop; surround sound
audio-video...
See my ride at....
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:20.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.