93 LX trunk.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 17:01   #1 (permalink)
Gerry Pierce
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
93 LX trunk....

I bought a 93 LX and the trunk spring is not installed (what I believe to be
it is laying in the trunk) so the trunk will not stay open without being
propped. Does someone have a very good description of how to install this
or have a picture/pictures of how to do it? Or maybe just a pic of it
installed? I would really like to reinstall this, closest salvage yard is
across town to try and take pic's myself (if they have one). Maybe a scan
from a service manual??

Thanks much,

Gerry


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2005, 18:01   #2 (permalink)
RichA
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 93 LX trunk....

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:53:23 -0500, "Gerry Pierce"
<cruzrtwdgt@comcast.net> wrote:

>I bought a 93 LX and the trunk spring is not installed (what I believe to be
>it is laying in the trunk) so the trunk will not stay open without being
>propped. Does someone have a very good description of how to install this
>or have a picture/pictures of how to do it? Or maybe just a pic of it
>installed? I would really like to reinstall this, closest salvage yard is
>across town to try and take pic's myself (if they have one). Maybe a scan
>from a service manual??
>
>Thanks much,
>
>Gerry
>


I owned the 93 hatchback and it has no springs. It uses two
pistons on either side of the hatch lid. But you sound like you
have the coupe?
-Rich
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 20:01   #3 (permalink)
Dave Combs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 93 LX trunk....

Couldn't find anything in my shop manual and the diagram in the Hayes
Mustang manual didn't show any springs. Wish I could help.

Dave

"Gerry Pierce" <cruzrtwdgt@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:3agr6kF69r3aoU1@individual.net...
> I bought a 93 LX and the trunk spring is not installed (what I believe to

be
> it is laying in the trunk) so the trunk will not stay open without being
> propped. Does someone have a very good description of how to install this
> or have a picture/pictures of how to do it? Or maybe just a pic of it
> installed? I would really like to reinstall this, closest salvage yard is
> across town to try and take pic's myself (if they have one). Maybe a scan
> from a service manual??
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Gerry
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 20:01   #4 (permalink)
WraithCobra
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 93 LX trunk....

It is just a rod with a few bends in it right? I never had a Fox notchback
but I think the ends go above the tabs on the hinges and the center of the
rod is somehow attached between them. You should be able to figure it out by
holding it in place and looking for attachment points, unless something's
broke. Sorry i can't be more specific but I never really looked at the one
in my old '00 GT or my in Cobra.
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
---

Dave Combs wrote:
> Couldn't find anything in my shop manual and the diagram in the Hayes
> Mustang manual didn't show any springs. Wish I could help.
>
> Dave
>
> "Gerry Pierce" <cruzrtwdgt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:3agr6kF69r3aoU1@individual.net...
>> I bought a 93 LX and the trunk spring is not installed (what I
>> believe to be it is laying in the trunk) so the trunk will not stay
>> open without being propped. Does someone have a very good
>> description of how to install this or have a picture/pictures of how
>> to do it? Or maybe just a pic of it installed? I would really like
>> to reinstall this, closest salvage yard is across town to try and
>> take pic's myself (if they have one). Maybe a scan from a service
>> manual??
>>
>> Thanks much,
>>
>> Gerry



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 14:01   #5 (permalink)
Gerry Pierce
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 93 LX trunk....

Yep, it's a coupe. Thanks for checking All, I guess I'll take a drive up to
the junkyard and look around. I have tried holding it up and looking for
similar wear spots, can't find it. I'll figure it out or buy a broom handle
one :)

Thanks again.

Gerry

> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:53:23 -0500, "Gerry Pierce"
> <cruzrtwdgt@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >I bought a 93 LX and the trunk spring is not installed (what I believe to

be
> >it is laying in the trunk) so the trunk will not stay open without being
> >propped. Does someone have a very good description of how to install

this
> >or have a picture/pictures of how to do it? Or maybe just a pic of it
> >installed? I would really like to reinstall this, closest salvage yard

is
> >across town to try and take pic's myself (if they have one). Maybe a

scan
> >from a service manual??
> >
> >Thanks much,
> >
> >Gerry
> >

>
> I owned the 93 hatchback and it has no springs. It uses two
> pistons on either side of the hatch lid. But you sound like you
> have the coupe?
> -Rich



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:43.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.