"94 GT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-05, 12:01 AM
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
"94 GT

Just noticed that something called the "crankcase emission air filter"
should be replaced at 30K mile intervals. What is this and where is it
located? Can't find a reference on my service CD nor the Haynes manual.
Appears to be unique to the 5l engine.

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red




 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-05, 01:01 PM
Braxus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: "94 GT

You could check at the back of the intake manifold. I don't know if its
there, but I seem to recall something is back there.


 
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-05, 04:01 AM
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: "94 GT

It's UNDER the PCV valve at rear of intake.

It's actually an oil separator and gets clogged, should be changed every 30k
like they say.

Many advocate using large long sheet metal screw as a "grabber" to pull it
out.

read this
http://tinyurl.com/8etsz

I wouldnt recommend leaving it out, either

"Richard" <r-manders@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:zC_6f.275393$oW2.189321@pd7tw1no...
> Just noticed that something called the "crankcase emission air filter"
> should be replaced at 30K mile intervals. What is this and where is it
> located? Can't find a reference on my service CD nor the Haynes manual.
> Appears to be unique to the 5l engine.
>
> --
> Richard
>
> '94 GT 'vert
> Under Drive Pulleys
> Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
> High Stall Torque Converter
> 4:10 Gears
> Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
> FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
> FRPP M5400-A Suspension
> Laser Red
>
>



 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-05, 09:01 PM
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: "94 GT

Thanks for the link. I'll pull the PCV and replace it. I wonder though, why
ford calls a screen an "emission air filter".

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

"Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote in message
news:x2o7f.2699$Lv.494@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net...
> It's UNDER the PCV valve at rear of intake.
>
> It's actually an oil separator and gets clogged, should be changed every

30k
> like they say.
>
> Many advocate using large long sheet metal screw as a "grabber" to pull it
> out.
>
> read this
> http://tinyurl.com/8etsz
>
> I wouldnt recommend leaving it out, either
>
> "Richard" <r-manders@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:zC_6f.275393$oW2.189321@pd7tw1no...
> > Just noticed that something called the "crankcase emission air filter"
> > should be replaced at 30K mile intervals. What is this and where is it
> > located? Can't find a reference on my service CD nor the Haynes manual.
> > Appears to be unique to the 5l engine.
> >
> > --
> > Richard
> >
> > '94 GT 'vert
> > Under Drive Pulleys
> > Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
> > High Stall Torque Converter
> > 4:10 Gears
> > Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
> > FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
> > FRPP M5400-A Suspension
> > Laser Red
> >
> >

>
>



 
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-05, 07:01 PM
RT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: "94 GT

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 03:13:14 GMT, "Richard" <r-manders@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Thanks for the link. I'll pull the PCV and replace it. I wonder though, why
>ford calls a screen an "emission air filter".


it's defintely there. I used to own a 95gt. It's way behind the motor.
You really have to lean in to see it. I think you need to pul a hose
off of it first.
It's easy to get out. A needle nose set of pliers will easily get it
out.

 
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-05, 11:01 PM
bill302
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re:

pull the pcv valve out pull the rubber gromet out the filter is aprox. 1
in. down in the hole. straighten a paperclip put a small hook on one end
use hook on paperclip to hook the screen mesh in the middle of the filter
and pull straight up.replace filter, gromet, and pcv valve.i did it a few
months ago on my 95 5.0. check out my 5.0 at
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2138402
visit&view my guestbook&let me know what you think thanks in advance
BILL302

 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome