94 GT project: rebuild or die - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2006, 21:01   #1 (permalink)
Darius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
94 GT project: rebuild or die

Hi,
I got problem like this: sometimes engine losing power, rpms shaking,
does like backfires or smth. So I went to mechanic and he told me that
headers are completely dead (there is a hole or smth on it, so it
sucking air, engine getting cooler and so on). Also head, valves, fuel
injectors might be replaced in proccess of engine disassembling, so
price here could be from $500 to $2500. I'm thinking about GT40 package
(http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...T1=M9000G41+01, maybe
some additional information about it?) around $2500 + $1000 labor + $X
for additional parts if something not good. Another way is to change
engine (http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...T1=M9000G41+01)
something like that, $3000 + $X labor +$ additional parts. 4th way to
swap the engine from other Mustang, but I think it's too much money for
engine with no guarantee. 5th way to sell mine car (~+$3000) and buy
another car in excellent condition, cost a lot of money and it's not
too easy to find it (~$10000). So maybe you have any advices what to do
in situation like this?
By the way, also I need to change all 4 brakes, calipers ($300-500), do
bodywork(~$500 and no charge for labor, thanks for tech scool
students), change weathertight strips all over the car (maybe anybdy
knows how much it costs and where to find it?), change bucket seats to
black leather($500).

So, thats the deal, thanks for any ideas and advices. Waiting for it!
Darius
1994 Ford Mustang GT

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2006, 06:01   #2 (permalink)
KJ.Kate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 94 GT project: rebuild or die

At the risk of being harsh, the car sounds like it has been sorely neglected
to the point of turning it into a POS.

If you have learned anything from this, you may want to say to hell with it
and buy another. Take care of the next one.
OR
If you have learned nothing then by all means, pour money into this junker
and keep driving it so that you will not ruin a second vehicle in the same
way.

Seriously, you shouldn't let it get that far before you take action.

KJK

"Darius" <darius.jocius@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1137729677.646381.85640@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
: Hi,
: I got problem like this: sometimes engine losing power, rpms shaking,
: does like backfires or smth. So I went to mechanic and he told me that
: headers are completely dead (there is a hole or smth on it, so it
: sucking air, engine getting cooler and so on). Also head, valves, fuel
: injectors might be replaced in proccess of engine disassembling, so
: price here could be from $500 to $2500. I'm thinking about GT40 package
: (http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...T1=M9000G41+01, maybe
: some additional information about it?) around $2500 + $1000 labor + $X
: for additional parts if something not good. Another way is to change
: engine (http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...T1=M9000G41+01)
: something like that, $3000 + $X labor +$ additional parts. 4th way to
: swap the engine from other Mustang, but I think it's too much money for
: engine with no guarantee. 5th way to sell mine car (~+$3000) and buy
: another car in excellent condition, cost a lot of money and it's not
: too easy to find it (~$10000). So maybe you have any advices what to do
: in situation like this?
: By the way, also I need to change all 4 brakes, calipers ($300-500), do
: bodywork(~$500 and no charge for labor, thanks for tech scool
: students), change weathertight strips all over the car (maybe anybdy
: knows how much it costs and where to find it?), change bucket seats to
: black leather($500).
:
: So, thats the deal, thanks for any ideas and advices. Waiting for it!
: Darius
: 1994 Ford Mustang GT
:


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:01   #3 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 94 GT project: rebuild or die

Dont downplay the 'sick puppy syndrome' wherein a person might find a
starving distemper-ridden pup with a broken leg and nurse it back to
health...

Instead of doing the reasonable thing - putting it out of its misery.

Such does exist. It's a hobby, sort of...

But dont be surprised if it bites!

"KJ.Kate" <KJ.Kate@WhoseHotMail.com> wrote:

> At the risk of being harsh, the car sounds like it has been sorely
> neglected to the point of turning it into a POS.
>
> If you have learned anything from this, you may want to say to hell
> with it and buy another. Take care of the next one.
> OR
> If you have learned nothing then by all means, pour money into this
> junker and keep driving it so that you will not ruin a second vehicle
> in the same way.
>
> Seriously, you shouldn't let it get that far before you take action.
>
> KJK
>
> "Darius" <darius.jocius@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1137729677.646381.85640@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>: Hi,
>: I got problem like this: sometimes engine losing power, rpms shaking,
>: does like backfires or smth. So I went to mechanic and he told me
>: that headers are completely dead (there is a hole or smth on it, so
>: it sucking air, engine getting cooler and so on). Also head, valves,
>: fuel injectors might be replaced in proccess of engine disassembling,
>: so price here could be from $500 to $2500. I'm thinking about GT40
>: package
>: (http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...T1=M9000G41+01, maybe
>: some additional information about it?) around $2500 + $1000 labor +
>: $X for additional parts if something not good. Another way is to
>: change engine
>: (http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...T1=M9000G41+01)
>: something like that, $3000 + $X labor +$ additional parts. 4th way to
>: swap the engine from other Mustang, but I think it's too much money
>: for engine with no guarantee. 5th way to sell mine car (~+$3000) and
>: buy another car in excellent condition, cost a lot of money and it's
>: not too easy to find it (~$10000). So maybe you have any advices what
>: to do in situation like this?
>: By the way, also I need to change all 4 brakes, calipers ($300-500),
>: do bodywork(~$500 and no charge for labor, thanks for tech scool
>: students), change weathertight strips all over the car (maybe anybdy
>: knows how much it costs and where to find it?), change bucket seats
>: to black leather($500).
>:
>: So, thats the deal, thanks for any ideas and advices. Waiting for it!
>: Darius
>: 1994 Ford Mustang GT
>:
>
>




--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:01   #4 (permalink)
Darius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 94 GT project: rebuild or die

Hi,
thanks for you answer. Since I bought it, I made less than 5000 miles.
Smartass dealer did good job about veneering all these problems. Car
was in good condition by eye, not too much miles by years, and cost not
too much money. Now is that time, where I have to decide what to do

Darius

KJ.Kate raše:
> At the risk of being harsh, the car sounds like it has been sorely neglected
> to the point of turning it into a POS.
>
> If you have learned anything from this, you may want to say to hell with it
> and buy another. Take care of the next one.
> OR
> If you have learned nothing then by all means, pour money into this junker
> and keep driving it so that you will not ruin a second vehicle in the same
> way.
>
> Seriously, you shouldn't let it get that far before you take action.
>
> KJK


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:01   #5 (permalink)
Zombywoof
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 94 GT project: rebuild or die

On 22 Jan 2006 00:36:32 -0800, "Darius" <darius.jocius@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>thanks for you answer. Since I bought it, I made less than 5000 miles.
>Smartass dealer did good job about veneering all these problems. Car
>was in good condition by eye, not too much miles by years, and cost not
>too much money. Now is that time, where I have to decide what to do
>
>Darius
>

Well I guess you learned a real good lesson about going by eye.
Anytime, every time you buy a used car take it to a mechanic that you
have a trust relationship with. Even when you know what you are doing
"new wheels lust" can blind you to all sorts of problems.

Same thing with good looking women.


>KJ.Kate raše:
>> At the risk of being harsh, the car sounds like it has been sorely neglected
>> to the point of turning it into a POS.
>>
>> If you have learned anything from this, you may want to say to hell with it
>> and buy another. Take care of the next one.
>> OR
>> If you have learned nothing then by all means, pour money into this junker
>> and keep driving it so that you will not ruin a second vehicle in the same
>> way.
>>
>> Seriously, you shouldn't let it get that far before you take action.
>>
>> KJK


--

December 9, 2005 (CNN) While interviewing an anonymous
US Special Forces soldier, a Reuters News agent asked
the soldier what he felt when sniping members of Al Quaeda
in Afghanistan.

The soldier shrugged and replied, "Recoil." (Possible Urban Legend)
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 19:31.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.