Bullitt suspension and bushings installation - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2005, 15:01   #1 (permalink)
duanebender@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Bullitt suspension and bushings installation

After reading many favorable reviews here, I just ordered the Bullitt
suspension (M5400A). And while I'm at it, I'm going to install the
Prothane "total kit." I want to install as much of it as I can on my
own, and then take it to a shop to do the remainder. My plan is to do
all the rear parts myself, as well as the front sway bar. I'm sure I
could handle the struts too, but will probably let the shop do them
along with the front springs.

Any comments or suggestions from others who have been down this road?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Duane Bender

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-09-2005, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bullitt suspension and bushings installation

You may have to install CC plates or do as I did and modify the adjustment
slots in the strut towers. My toe-in spec was set to 0" and camber (R&L) set
to -0.3 degrees

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

<duanebender@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1128890827.221049.199130@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> After reading many favorable reviews here, I just ordered the Bullitt
> suspension (M5400A). And while I'm at it, I'm going to install the
> Prothane "total kit." I want to install as much of it as I can on my
> own, and then take it to a shop to do the remainder. My plan is to do
> all the rear parts myself, as well as the front sway bar. I'm sure I
> could handle the struts too, but will probably let the shop do them
> along with the front springs.
>
> Any comments or suggestions from others who have been down this road?
> Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
> Duane Bender
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 19:01   #3 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bullitt suspension and bushings installation

On 9 Oct 2005 13:47:07 -0700, duanebender@yahoo.com wrote:

>After reading many favorable reviews here, I just ordered the Bullitt
>suspension (M5400A). And while I'm at it, I'm going to install the
>Prothane "total kit." I want to install as much of it as I can on my
>own, and then take it to a shop to do the remainder. My plan is to do
>all the rear parts myself, as well as the front sway bar. I'm sure I
>could handle the struts too, but will probably let the shop do them
>along with the front springs.
>
>Any comments or suggestions from others who have been down this road?
>Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
>Duane Bender

What are you driving? Like is this for the old Bullitt, or the retro
Bullitt?
Spike
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 21:01   #4 (permalink)
duanebender@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bullitt suspension and bushings installation

Of course I should have said in my original post--it's a 1994 Cobra
coupe. What I'm installing is the M5400A "Mustang handling package"
from Ford Motorsports, aka the "Bullitt suspension kit," comprising the
dampers, springs, and sway bars used in the 2001 Bullitt. Sorry about
that.

Duane

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 00:01   #5 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bullitt suspension and bushings installation

On 9 Oct 2005 20:26:32 -0700, duanebender@yahoo.com wrote:

>Of course I should have said in my original post--it's a 1994 Cobra
>coupe. What I'm installing is the M5400A "Mustang handling package"
>from Ford Motorsports, aka the "Bullitt suspension kit," comprising the
>dampers, springs, and sway bars used in the 2001 Bullitt. Sorry about
>that.
>
>Duane

Ok. Then it's a kit made for the retro Bullitt.... Can make a sizeable
difference in what is involved, etc. Thanks. I'm not up on the late
models.
Spike
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:01   #6 (permalink)
Martin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bullitt suspension and bushings installation


On my 02 GT the Bullitt suspension drop was 3/4 of an inch. Did not
need CC plates.
Martin
243rwhp
285rwtq

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 16:01   #7 (permalink)
duanebender@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bullitt suspension and bushings installation

Thanks. I figured I'd install the kit and only add the CC plates if
needed; I read somewhere the drop is a full inch on 94-98 Mustangs, but
I hope to still not need them.

Duane

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 19:01   #8 (permalink)
Richard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bullitt suspension and bushings installation

I needed to elongate the slots on the strut towers to get the alignment to
the specs mentioned earlier.

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

<duanebender@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1128981267.098380.180510@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Thanks. I figured I'd install the kit and only add the CC plates if
> needed; I read somewhere the drop is a full inch on 94-98 Mustangs, but
> I hope to still not need them.
>
> Duane
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 22:01   #9 (permalink)
bluestang98@NOSPAMnetzero.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bullitt suspension and bushings installation

On 10 Oct 2005 08:59:27 -0700, "Martin" <martin@capecod.com> wrote:

>
>On my 02 GT the Bullitt suspension drop was 3/4 of an inch. Did not
>need CC plates.
>Martin
>243rwhp
>285rwtq


I had similar results on my Bullitt setup; 3/4 inch drop, no CC plates
needed. I've had it for about 3 years and have no complaints although
I'm slowly replacing with it with more drag-oriented pieces. The best
advice I can give you is to order some Energy Suspension miracle-goo
lube from Summit (the large can) and make sure you use plenty of it.
Poly isolaters and bushings will creak and squeak like crazy without
the proper lubrication. The ES stuff is kind of a pain to work with
but it lasts and is definitely worth the money. Do a google search
for "bullitt" and bluestang98", I think I did a write-up on this forum
about it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Okie Tom - TS #62

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd.
2001 Ranger XLT
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:12.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.