gASS rape continues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-05, 07:01 PM
Rich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
gASS rape continues

So, oil is down to about $64/barrel, and the last time it was
that price, gasoline was $3.25/gallon (U.S./U.S.gals) in Canada.
Now, it's still near $5. The oil companies are RAKING it in
as are the refiners.


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-05, 10:01 PM
Michael Johnson, PE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gASS rape continues

Rich wrote:
> So, oil is down to about $64/barrel, and the last time it was
> that price, gasoline was $3.25/gallon (U.S./U.S.gals) in Canada.
> Now, it's still near $5. The oil companies are RAKING it in
> as are the refiners.


Right now we could be swimming in crude oil and it wouldn't effect the
price, IMO. It is the lack of refining capacity and gasoline storage
space that is causing the high prices. The price won't fall appreciably
until we increase refining/storage capacity.
 
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-05, 10:01 PM
John
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gASS rape continues

"Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
news:nPWdnXloB6NZKoLeRVn-pg@giganews.com...
> Rich wrote:
>> So, oil is down to about $64/barrel, and the last time it was
>> that price, gasoline was $3.25/gallon (U.S./U.S.gals) in Canada.
>> Now, it's still near $5. The oil companies are RAKING it in
>> as are the refiners.

>
> Right now we could be swimming in crude oil and it wouldn't effect the
> price, IMO. It is the lack of refining capacity and gasoline storage
> space that is causing the high prices. The price won't fall appreciably
> until we increase refining/storage capacity.


or decrease demand or both.

--
John
ThunderSnake #59



 
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-05, 10:01 PM
Michael Johnson, PE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gASS rape continues

John wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
> news:nPWdnXloB6NZKoLeRVn-pg@giganews.com...
>
>>Rich wrote:
>>
>>>So, oil is down to about $64/barrel, and the last time it was
>>>that price, gasoline was $3.25/gallon (U.S./U.S.gals) in Canada.
>>>Now, it's still near $5. The oil companies are RAKING it in
>>>as are the refiners.

>>
>>Right now we could be swimming in crude oil and it wouldn't effect the
>>price, IMO. It is the lack of refining capacity and gasoline storage
>>space that is causing the high prices. The price won't fall appreciably
>>until we increase refining/storage capacity.

>
>
> or decrease demand or both.


Yup.
 
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-05, 05:01 AM
Joe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gASS rape continues

"Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in
news:QvSdndhFc5mbJoLeRVn-jg@giganews.com:

> John wrote:
>> "Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
>> news:nPWdnXloB6NZKoLeRVn-pg@giganews.com...
>>
>>>Rich wrote:
>>>
>>>>So, oil is down to about $64/barrel, and the last time it was
>>>>that price, gasoline was $3.25/gallon (U.S./U.S.gals) in Canada.
>>>>Now, it's still near $5. The oil companies are RAKING it in
>>>>as are the refiners.
>>>
>>>Right now we could be swimming in crude oil and it wouldn't effect
>>>the price, IMO. It is the lack of refining capacity and gasoline
>>>storage space that is causing the high prices. The price won't
>>>fall appreciably until we increase refining/storage capacity.

>>
>>
>> or decrease demand or both.

>
> Yup.


Actually, this morning's paper indicated that demand was indeed down
due to (a) how expensive it's getting and (b) efforts to curtail
energy usage.
 
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-05, 09:01 AM
Michael Johnson, PE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gASS rape continues

Joe wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in
> news:QvSdndhFc5mbJoLeRVn-jg@giganews.com:
>
>
>>John wrote:
>>
>>>"Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
>>>news:nPWdnXloB6NZKoLeRVn-pg@giganews.com...
>>>
>>>
>>>>Rich wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>So, oil is down to about $64/barrel, and the last time it was
>>>>>that price, gasoline was $3.25/gallon (U.S./U.S.gals) in Canada.
>>>>>Now, it's still near $5. The oil companies are RAKING it in
>>>>>as are the refiners.
>>>>
>>>>Right now we could be swimming in crude oil and it wouldn't effect
>>>>the price, IMO. It is the lack of refining capacity and gasoline
>>>>storage space that is causing the high prices. The price won't
>>>>fall appreciably until we increase refining/storage capacity.
>>>
>>>
>>>or decrease demand or both.

>>
>>Yup.

>
>
> Actually, this morning's paper indicated that demand was indeed down
> due to (a) how expensive it's getting and (b) efforts to curtail
> energy usage.


Since I work from home I don't use much but my wife and I have made a
conscious effort to reduce our gas usage. She called our son last
weekend to ask what he was up to and he said "Nothing, because I can't
afford to drive anywhere". :)
 
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-05, 02:01 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gASS rape continues

Rich <none@none.com> wrote in news:cq2vh19sqqbjtj8hjh404i30kubt9670ra@
4ax.com:

> So, oil is down to about $64/barrel, and the last time it was
> that price, gasoline was $3.25/gallon (U.S./U.S.gals) in Canada.
> Now, it's still near $5. The oil companies are RAKING it in
> as are the refiners.


Right now it's 2.99 generally in central ohio, 2.92 locally.

Perhaps your canadian wholesalers are on the wrong gulf pipelines.

Perhaps a talk with mr chavez....
 
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-05, 04:01 PM
fordman3@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gASS rape continues

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 00:02:22 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
<cds@erols.com> wrote:

>Rich wrote:
>> So, oil is down to about $64/barrel, and the last time it was
>> that price, gasoline was $3.25/gallon (U.S./U.S.gals) in Canada.
>> Now, it's still near $5. The oil companies are RAKING it in
>> as are the refiners.

>
>Right now we could be swimming in crude oil and it wouldn't effect the
>price, IMO. It is the lack of refining capacity and gasoline storage
>space that is causing the high prices. The price won't fall appreciably
>until we increase refining/storage capacity.


lmfao
no shortage in alberta

blame martin for raking it in
its tax
h
u
r
c
a
s
t

 
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-05, 04:01 PM
Michael Johnson, PE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gASS rape continues

foad

fordman3@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 00:02:22 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> <cds@erols.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Rich wrote:
>>
>>>So, oil is down to about $64/barrel, and the last time it was
>>>that price, gasoline was $3.25/gallon (U.S./U.S.gals) in Canada.
>>>Now, it's still near $5. The oil companies are RAKING it in
>>>as are the refiners.

>>
>>Right now we could be swimming in crude oil and it wouldn't effect the
>>price, IMO. It is the lack of refining capacity and gasoline storage
>>space that is causing the high prices. The price won't fall appreciably
>>until we increase refining/storage capacity.

>
>
> lmfao
> no shortage in alberta
>
> blame martin for raking it in
> its tax
> h
> u
> r
> c
> a
> s
> t
>

 
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-05, 05:01 PM
trotzo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: gASS rape continues

3.25 a gal here in Greenwich Ct, with some pumps as high as 3.49
I think I'll start ridin' my motorsickle more. At least I get decent
gas mileage with that...

Michael Johnson, PE wrote:
> foad
>
> fordman3@hotmail.com wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 00:02:22 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> > <cds@erols.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>Rich wrote:
> >>
> >>>So, oil is down to about $64/barrel, and the last time it was
> >>>that price, gasoline was $3.25/gallon (U.S./U.S.gals) in Canada.
> >>>Now, it's still near $5. The oil companies are RAKING it in
> >>>as are the refiners.
> >>
> >>Right now we could be swimming in crude oil and it wouldn't effect the
> >>price, IMO. It is the lack of refining capacity and gasoline storage
> >>space that is causing the high prices. The price won't fall appreciably
> >>until we increase refining/storage capacity.

> >
> >
> > lmfao
> > no shortage in alberta
> >
> > blame martin for raking it in
> > its tax
> > h
> > u
> > r
> > c
> > a
> > s
> > t
> >


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome