How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2005, 00:13   #1 (permalink)
Christie Jones
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang

Hi! A lot in my town just got in a used 2005 Sonic Blue Mustang base package
with 9k miles. The sticker is 22k and that seemed a little high to me.
Kelley doesn't have valuations for 2005's up yet. Would any of you know how
I could find out what a reasonable cost for this car would be. Thank you!

C Jones


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-17-2005, 00:13   #2 (permalink)
john711111
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang

kelly is showing a new v6 deluxe not premium options at $19473 // and v8
26,593 deluxe/ 9000 miles seems a liitle high for this early in year/
judge accordingly

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 00:13   #3 (permalink)
ZombyWoof
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:21:11 GMT, "Christie Jones"
<stiejones@mchsi.com> wrote something wonderfully witty:

>Hi! A lot in my town just got in a used 2005 Sonic Blue Mustang base package
>with 9k miles. The sticker is 22k and that seemed a little high to me.
>Kelley doesn't have valuations for 2005's up yet. Would any of you know how
>I could find out what a reasonable cost for this car would be. Thank you!
>
>C Jones
>

Hell you should have been with me when I looked at a "used" Sonic Blue
GT with 1000 miles under it's belt. When I asked the sales monkey how
much the wanted for it he told me $33K. At that moment in time I
swore I would never set foot on that lot again even if they were
giving cars away.
--

"Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
than the well lived life really has distorted our sense
of who we are and what life is about." -- Author unkown
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 00:15   #4 (permalink)
Scott en Aztlán
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:21:11 GMT, "Christie Jones"
<stiejones@mchsi.com> wrote:

>Hi! A lot in my town just got in a used 2005 Sonic Blue Mustang base package
>with 9k miles. The sticker is 22k and that seemed a little high to me.
>Kelley doesn't have valuations for 2005's up yet. Would any of you know how
>I could find out what a reasonable cost for this car would be. Thank you!


Take the MSRP and multiply it by 0.6.

--
Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy (except to buy loss leaders for resale on eBay).
(See http://tinyurl.com/6efhd)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 00:15   #5 (permalink)
Generic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang


"Scott en Aztlán" <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:bj1l21lvhiqlduaiic6ua8lgvop46qt9pn@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:21:11 GMT, "Christie Jones"
> <stiejones@mchsi.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi! A lot in my town just got in a used 2005 Sonic Blue Mustang base

package
> >with 9k miles. The sticker is 22k and that seemed a little high to me.
> >Kelley doesn't have valuations for 2005's up yet. Would any of you know

how
> >I could find out what a reasonable cost for this car would be. Thank you!

>
> Take the MSRP and multiply it by 0.6.


You seriously expect someone to sell a $22,000 car (probably also the new
MSRP) with 9k for $13,200? Cars depreciate, but not *that* fast.

-John


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 00:16   #6 (permalink)
ZombyWoof
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:10:54 -0800, "Generic" <generic@scientist.com>
wrote something wonderfully witty:

>
>"Scott en Aztlán" <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote in message
>news:bj1l21lvhiqlduaiic6ua8lgvop46qt9pn@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:21:11 GMT, "Christie Jones"
>> <stiejones@mchsi.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi! A lot in my town just got in a used 2005 Sonic Blue Mustang base

>package
>> >with 9k miles. The sticker is 22k and that seemed a little high to me.
>> >Kelley doesn't have valuations for 2005's up yet. Would any of you know

>how
>> >I could find out what a reasonable cost for this car would be. Thank you!

>>
>> Take the MSRP and multiply it by 0.6.

>
>You seriously expect someone to sell a $22,000 car (probably also the new
>MSRP) with 9k for $13,200? Cars depreciate, but not *that* fast.
>
>-John
>

Try trading one in and see what you get offered.
--

"Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
than the well lived life really has distorted our sense
of who we are and what life is about." -- Author unkown
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 00:16   #7 (permalink)
Generic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang


"ZombyWoof" <Zomby-Woof@Zappa.net> wrote in message
news:tbcl21dbueon7hop0pirb3u6tbtsv27iah@4ax.com...
> >> >Hi! A lot in my town just got in a used 2005 Sonic Blue Mustang base

> >package
> >> >with 9k miles. The sticker is 22k and that seemed a little high to me.
> >> >Kelley doesn't have valuations for 2005's up yet. Would any of you

know
> >how
> >> >I could find out what a reasonable cost for this car would be. Thank

you!
> >>
> >> Take the MSRP and multiply it by 0.6.

> >
> >You seriously expect someone to sell a $22,000 car (probably also the new
> >MSRP) with 9k for $13,200? Cars depreciate, but not *that* fast.
> >
> >-John
> >

> Try trading one in and see what you get offered.


That wasn't the scenario. "A lot in my town..."

-John


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 00:16   #8 (permalink)
SVTKate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang

My first thought was:

Why did the owner get rid of it so soon?
You may want to really think it over, it may be a lemon.

Kate

"Christie Jones" <stiejones@mchsi.com> wrote in message
news:rG1Wd.32459$r55.12016@attbi_s52...
| Hi! A lot in my town just got in a used 2005 Sonic Blue Mustang base
package
| with 9k miles. The sticker is 22k and that seemed a little high to me.
| Kelley doesn't have valuations for 2005's up yet. Would any of you know
how
| I could find out what a reasonable cost for this car would be. Thank you!
|
| C Jones
|
|


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 00:16   #9 (permalink)
WindsorFox[SS]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang

SVTKate wrote:
> My first thought was:
>
> Why did the owner get rid of it so soon?
> You may want to really think it over, it may be a lemon.
>
> Kate
>
> "Christie Jones" <stiejones@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> news:rG1Wd.32459$r55.12016@attbi_s52...
> | Hi! A lot in my town just got in a used 2005 Sonic Blue Mustang base
> package
> | with 9k miles. The sticker is 22k and that seemed a little high to me.
> | Kelley doesn't have valuations for 2005's up yet. Would any of you know
> how
> | I could find out what a reasonable cost for this car would be. Thank you!
> |
> | C Jones
> |
> |
>
>


It might have to do with the sudden jump in gas. A job change that
requires driving a lot... Take the VIN and call a DIFFERENT dealer
and get the service list. I'm kind of looking for an 03-34 Cobra now
and you figure it would be the same reasons behind trading one of those.

--
2.3Sleeper: "Anyone know how to disable the daytime
running lights on a 2001 Crown Vic or on a 2002 GMC?"

SVTKate: "A ball peen hammer?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 00:16   #10 (permalink)
Rick Olive
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How can I determine valuation for a used 05 Mustang

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
> SVTKate wrote:
>
>> My first thought was:
>>
>> Why did the owner get rid of it so soon?
>> You may want to really think it over, it may be a lemon.
>>
>> Kate
>>
>> "Christie Jones" <stiejones@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> news:rG1Wd.32459$r55.12016@attbi_s52...
>> | Hi! A lot in my town just got in a used 2005 Sonic Blue Mustang base
>> package
>> | with 9k miles. The sticker is 22k and that seemed a little high to me.
>> | Kelley doesn't have valuations for 2005's up yet. Would any of you
>> know how
>> | I could find out what a reasonable cost for this car would be. Thank
>> you!
>> |
>> | C Jones
>> |
>> |
>>

>
> It might have to do with the sudden jump in gas. A job change that
> requires driving a lot... Take the VIN and call a DIFFERENT dealer and
> get the service list. I'm kind of looking for an 03-34 Cobra now and you
> figure it would be the same reasons behind trading one of those.
>

S**t happens to people. Got my Cobra from a guy who was getting
divorced. He bought it Oct 2002 and I got it from him in Jan 2003 for
the balance of the loan ($27K). It had 3,000 miles on it. Kinda felt bad
taking advantage of his situation, but that takes me back to my first
sentence!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
US: Jay Leno drives the 05 Ford Mustang GT Stacy94PGT Ford Worldwide News 0 10-27-2004 09:50
U.S.A.: Ford vehicles at the New York Auto Show Stacy94PGT Ford Worldwide News 5 04-08-2004 10:11
Road Test: 2005 Ford Mustang Stacy94PGT Ford Mustang Forum 0 02-11-2004 07:47
U.S.:Looking Like A Fast Machine: The 2005 Mustang is mighty fine, we think Stacy94PGT Ford Mustang Forum 2 02-06-2004 11:27
Designing the New Ford Mustang Stacy94PGT Ford Worldwide News 2 03-02-2003 08:25

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:42.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.