I GOT ONE! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2005, 21:01   #1 (permalink)
Quiet Desperation
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I GOT ONE!

Stopped by the dealer, and the car was still three weeks away. :(

But then they did something Real Nice. :)

The swapped a nearly identical car off the lot and gave me the same
sticker deal as my order. This one was a tad more because it had the
Shaker 1000, but I had been having second thoughts about not getting
it. And it had the sport interior instead of the full IUP, but I was
having second thoughts about the shiny dash as well. It was just my
day, I guess. Everything else identical to my order. Straight MSRP of
$29,375. I put a few hundred on a credit card to drive it off the lot,
and I'll go back with my checkbook tomorrow to pay off the rest. I
think the fact I was just buying it outright helped.

I wasn't expecting this, but they let me leave my truck there
overnight. :)

OK, gotta go burn six MP3 CDs for tomorrow. Sadly, I have to go to work
in the morning because I have two meetings I can't miss. I sort of
called them, so, well, it's bad form to miss one's own meetings.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2005, 22:01   #2 (permalink)
Carl Saiyed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I GOT ONE!

Hows that rose-tinted windshield? Glad you are happy! :-)

Carl

"Quiet Desperation" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:280320052038242100%nospam@nospam.com...
> Stopped by the dealer, and the car was still three weeks away. :(
>
> But then they did something Real Nice. :)
>
> The swapped a nearly identical car off the lot and gave me the same
> sticker deal as my order. This one was a tad more because it had the
> Shaker 1000, but I had been having second thoughts about not getting
> it. And it had the sport interior instead of the full IUP, but I was
> having second thoughts about the shiny dash as well. It was just my
> day, I guess. Everything else identical to my order. Straight MSRP of
> $29,375. I put a few hundred on a credit card to drive it off the lot,
> and I'll go back with my checkbook tomorrow to pay off the rest. I
> think the fact I was just buying it outright helped.
>
> I wasn't expecting this, but they let me leave my truck there
> overnight. :)
>
> OK, gotta go burn six MP3 CDs for tomorrow. Sadly, I have to go to work
> in the morning because I have two meetings I can't miss. I sort of
> called them, so, well, it's bad form to miss one's own meetings.



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 22:01   #3 (permalink)
Garth Almgren
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I GOT ONE!

Around 3/28/2005 8:49 PM, Carl Saiyed wrote:

> Hows that rose-tinted windshield? Glad you are happy! :-)


He may have a rose-tinted windshield, but without the IUP, he can forget
about having rose-tinted gages. :)


--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
| RAMFM Merchandise: http://www.cafeshops.com/ramfm |
\ Mail pgp@v6stang.com for secure reply information /
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 00:01   #4 (permalink)
Quiet Desperation
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I GOT ONE!

In article <4248deb9_4@newsfeed.slurp.net>, Carl Saiyed
<carlsaiyed@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:

> Hows that rose-tinted windshield?


I don't get it. Are you harshing my buzz?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 00:01   #5 (permalink)
Quiet Desperation
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I GOT ONE!

In article <3as7g0F687sjnU1@individual.net>, Garth Almgren
<nospam@v6stang.com> wrote:

> but without the IUP, he can forget
> about having rose-tinted gages. :)


Stuff like that is fun... for about a week.

I remember when I got my first power adjust seat. Futzed with it for a
week, and then I don't think I ever adjusted it again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:01   #6 (permalink)
SVTKate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I GOT ONE!

Phew! Finally!


"Quiet Desperation" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:280320052038242100%nospam@nospam.com...
| Stopped by the dealer, and the car was still three weeks away. :(
|
| But then they did something Real Nice. :)
|
| The swapped a nearly identical car off the lot and gave me the same
| sticker deal as my order. This one was a tad more because it had the
| Shaker 1000, but I had been having second thoughts about not getting
| it.

Don't ya just hate when you think you want one thing then discover that you
really wanted something else and get stuck with what you thought you wanted
in the first place?

And it had the sport interior instead of the full IUP, but I was
| having second thoughts about the shiny dash as well.

Like you said about the seats, some toys are really only fun for the first
week after Christmas.

It was just my
| day, I guess. Everything else identical to my order. Straight MSRP of
| $29,375. I put a few hundred on a credit card to drive it off the lot,
| and I'll go back with my checkbook tomorrow to pay off the rest. I
| think the fact I was just buying it outright helped.

Glad to hear it... but... what color is it? Interior color? Wheels?

|
| I wasn't expecting this, but they let me leave my truck there
| overnight. :)

Of course they did. If they hadn't you may have walked out without the
Mustang.

|
| OK, gotta go burn six MP3 CDs for tomorrow. Sadly, I have to go to work
| in the morning because I have two meetings I can't miss. I sort of
| called them, so, well, it's bad form to miss one's own meetings.

That's the problem with those nasty little car payments. You have to make
money so you can pay for the car.
You realize of course that you aren't going to be worth a hoot all day, you
will have Mustang fever. Prolly park it near a window so you can gaze out at
it now and then.

Can't say I'd blame you if you did! Happy Day!

Ok, so now you arent Quietly Desperate anymore..... right?

Kate


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:01   #7 (permalink)
Quiet Desperation
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I GOT ONE!

In article <Sib2e.8125$z.1108@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
SVTKate <whoever@whatever.complaint.dept> wrote:

> Don't ya just hate when you think you want one thing then discover that you
> really wanted something else and get stuck with what you thought you wanted
> in the first place?


Yeah. I sat in it for about 10 minutes giving it a good think.

> Glad to hear it... but... what color is it? Interior color? Wheels?


Windveil Blue, Light graphite, 17" Alum. If you have the brochure, it's
basically the light blue one on pages 20-21. The sales woman twice
inadertantly called it "Windevil" blue, although "windevil" might work
for a tan color.

> Of course they did. If they hadn't you may have walked out without the
> Mustang.


Not really. I told them I had to go bring my truck home and get a ride
back, and had one lined up. It was no problem, but the freeway was
getting REALLY hosed at that point (this is Southern California), so
this was more convenient. I'll get the ride over around lunch today
when it's less crowded.

The saleswoman was more excited than I was. ;) She wants one BAD, but
they won't let the customers even order one yet.

> That's the problem with those nasty little car payments. You have to make
> money so you can pay for the car.


Which is why I paid cash. :) I'll sit down today and figured how much I
saved in interest. It was the largest check I've written since the down
payment on my house 10 years ago.

> You realize of course that you aren't going to be worth a hoot all day, you
> will have Mustang fever. Prolly park it near a window so you can gaze out at
> it now and then.


Sadly my office window looks out over an internal courtyard area. I'm a
pretty relaxed sort of person, though, and I'm so glad The Ordeal is
over.

I may take tomorrow off, though. :)

> Can't say I'd blame you if you did! Happy Day!
>
> Ok, so now you arent Quietly Desperate anymore..... right?


Oh, I was never really quiet. Desperate, perhaps, but never quiet. It's
just from the Thoreau quote: "The mass of men lead lives of quiet
desperation."
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:01   #8 (permalink)
ZombyWoof
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I GOT ONE!

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:15:08 -0800, Quiet Desperation
<nospam@nospam.com> wrote something wonderfully witty:

>In article <3as7g0F687sjnU1@individual.net>, Garth Almgren
><nospam@v6stang.com> wrote:
>
>> but without the IUP, he can forget
>> about having rose-tinted gages. :)

>
>Stuff like that is fun... for about a week.
>
>I remember when I got my first power adjust seat. Futzed with it for a
>week, and then I don't think I ever adjusted it again.
>

You're lucky you don't share your vehicle. Seems I am always
adjusting my seat back into the "ideal" comfy position. Next time I
buy the "family" vehicle I am going to make damn sure it has memory
seats. Jeez I hate readjusting my damn seat.
--

"Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
than the well lived life really has distorted our sense
of who we are and what life is about." -- Author unkown
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:01   #9 (permalink)
ZombyWoof
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I GOT ONE!

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:14:08 -0800, Quiet Desperation
<nospam@nospam.com> wrote something wonderfully witty:

>In article <4248deb9_4@newsfeed.slurp.net>, Carl Saiyed
><carlsaiyed@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hows that rose-tinted windshield?

>
>I don't get it. Are you harshing my buzz?
>

No why would he do that? It was a feeble attempt at a funny. He
meant you can't have the 100+ color combinations for your garages.
Neat feature, but I think the novelty would wear off after a while,
unless of course your a kid or a pimp and want to color coordinate
your interior lighting to your outfit.
--

"Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
than the well lived life really has distorted our sense
of who we are and what life is about." -- Author unkown
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:01   #10 (permalink)
Carl Saiyed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I GOT ONE!

Have you heard of the expersion "Rose-Tinted glasses"? The experssion means
that all things seen thru the glasses, or in this case, his windshield, are
seen in a candid manner. I sincerely hope you enjoy your new Mustang.


Carl

"ZombyWoof" <Zomby-Woof@Zappa.net> wrote in message
news:cali419b393iq27qoioahh0i2npooqs9u7@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:14:08 -0800, Quiet Desperation
> <nospam@nospam.com> wrote something wonderfully witty:
>
> >In article <4248deb9_4@newsfeed.slurp.net>, Carl Saiyed
> ><carlsaiyed@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hows that rose-tinted windshield?

> >
> >I don't get it. Are you harshing my buzz?
> >

> No why would he do that? It was a feeble attempt at a funny. He
> meant you can't have the 100+ color combinations for your garages.
> Neat feature, but I think the novelty would wear off after a while,
> unless of course your a kid or a pimp and want to color coordinate
> your interior lighting to your outfit.
> --
>
> "Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
> than the well lived life really has distorted our sense
> of who we are and what life is about." -- Author unkown



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:48.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.