I was just watching... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-06, 03:01 AM
BradandBrooks
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I was just watching...

Smoky and the Bandit... I want a 1977 Trans Am now... LOL!

Brad



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-06, 05:01 AM
WindsorFox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I was just watching...

BradandBrooks wrote:
> Smoky and the Bandit... I want a 1977 Trans Am now... LOL!
>
> Brad
>


The real ones don't run like the one in the movie. I think they all
had the 403 in them <kaff>

--
"You seriously need to pull your head out of your ass
more often and look at what is going on around you." - KJK



 
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-06, 09:01 AM
RSCamaro
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I was just watching...

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 05:33:01 -0600, WindsorFox
<windsorfox@NOSPAM.cox.net> wrote:

>BradandBrooks wrote:
>> Smoky and the Bandit... I want a 1977 Trans Am now... LOL!
>>
>> Brad
>>

>
> The real ones don't run like the one in the movie. I think they all
>had the 403 in them <kaff>


Not quite true. Trans Ams could be had with the Olds 403ci with an
automatic and a Pontiac 400ci with the 4 speed, and possibly a Pontiac
350ci though I'm none too sure about the 77' model.

...Ron
--
68'RS Camaro
88'Formula
00'GT Mustang
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-06, 09:01 AM
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I was just watching...

"BradandBrooks" <BradandBrooks@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Smoky and the Bandit... I want a 1977 Trans Am now... LOL!
>
> Brad


Ah, it's all subjective.... butI class that design in with the steroid
editions like the '73 Mach.. and they straightened it out well in 82.

If you think the best human bodies are on the cover of 'Pumping Iron' mags,
then all's well....

Dont like 68 model vette's either.. Liked the 80's version; but that's just
geezer me.

;)
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
 
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-06, 03:01 PM
WindsorFox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I was just watching...

RSCamaro wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 05:33:01 -0600, WindsorFox
> <windsorfox@NOSPAM.cox.net> wrote:
>
>
>>BradandBrooks wrote:
>>
>>>Smoky and the Bandit... I want a 1977 Trans Am now... LOL!
>>>
>>>Brad
>>>

>>
>> The real ones don't run like the one in the movie. I think they all
>>had the 403 in them <kaff>

>
>
> Not quite true. Trans Ams could be had with the Olds 403ci with an
> automatic and a Pontiac 400ci with the 4 speed, and possibly a Pontiac
> 350ci though I'm none too sure about the 77' model.
>
> ...Ron


Either way they ranged from 180 to 200 horse power. Like I said the
real ones do not run like the one in the movie.


--
"You seriously need to pull your head out of your ass
more often and look at what is going on around you." - KJK



 
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-06, 03:02 PM
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I was just watching...


"Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote
> Ah, it's all subjective.... butI class that design in with the steroid
> editions like the '73 Mach.. and they straightened it out well in 82.


Except that in '82 they started dropping in that POS boat anchor 305. I
owned an '83 Z-28 t-top and it was a complete SLUG, that is until I dumped
in a SBC 400 out of a '78 Caprice wagon. Then it became a freakin' stump
puller with boatloads of torque.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


 
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-06, 03:02 PM
RSCamaro
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I was just watching...

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 15:14:49 -0600, WindsorFox
<windsorfox@NOSPAM.cox.net> wrote:


>> Not quite true. Trans Ams could be had with the Olds 403ci with an
>> automatic and a Pontiac 400ci with the 4 speed, and possibly a Pontiac
>> 350ci though I'm none too sure about the 77' model.
>>
>> ...Ron

>
> Either way they ranged from 180 to 200 horse power. Like I said the
>real ones do not run like the one in the movie.


But like many engines that were around for a number of years it was
and is quite easy to make them breathe, for less than it would cost me
for a short block GM LS1 or Ford Modular motor today.

Of course the newer engines are a more advanced and efficiently
designed compared to old tech carbureted engines.

...Ron
--
68'RS Camaro
88'Formula
00'GT Mustang
 
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-06, 04:01 PM
cprice@here.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I was just watching...

66 6F HCS wrote:

> "Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote
>
>>Ah, it's all subjective.... butI class that design in with the steroid
>>editions like the '73 Mach.. and they straightened it out well in 82.

>
>
> in a SBC 400 out of a '78 Caprice wagon. Then it became a freakin' stump
> puller with boatloads of torque.



Are you sure you dont mean 'pud puller'?
 
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-06, 06:01 PM
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I was just watching...

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 09:17:40 GMT, "BradandBrooks"
<BradandBrooks@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Smoky and the Bandit... I want a 1977 Trans Am now... LOL!
>
>Brad

Then it is definitely time for you to go rent Bullit and Gone in 60
Seconds, watch them in one evening and get your head straight!!!!!
LOL : 0 )
--

Spike
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2, Vintage Burgundy
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Vintage 40 16" rims w/225/50ZR16 KDWS BF Goodrich
gForce Radial T/As, Cobra drop; surround sound
audio-video...
See my ride at....
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
 
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-06, 06:01 PM
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I was just watching...


<cprice@here.com> wrote in message news:31gwf.271720$ki.240649@pd7tw2no...
> 66 6F HCS wrote:
>
>> "Backyard Mechanic" <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote
>>
>>>Ah, it's all subjective.... butI class that design in with the steroid
>>>editions like the '73 Mach.. and they straightened it out well in 82.

>>
>>
>> in a SBC 400 out of a '78 Caprice wagon. Then it became a freakin' stump
>> puller with boatloads of torque.

>
>
> Are you sure you dont mean 'pud puller'?


Not once it was rebuilt. I actually broke a motor mount with it. I think I
got about 8mpg. ;)
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome