Look at this Aussie Ford - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-05, 05:01 PM
Rich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Look at this Aussie Ford

Doesn't it seem like a Taurus, a bit?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=16115845


 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-05, 12:02 AM
Brent P
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Look at this Aussie Ford

In article <0284p1d0bt5ima4k4n0jpomsg9agle04s3@4ax.com>, Rich wrote:
> Doesn't it seem like a Taurus, a bit?
>
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=16115845


Looks like the falcon. It's a real car. The taurus is a piece of shit
compared to the falcon. The falcon is RWD and comes with one of a number
of inline 6 and V8 options with automatic or manual transmissions.

The pictured engine is the one I would like, a turbo inline 6. This DOHC
inline 6 is decended from the old US 'falcon' 6 of the 6s. More exactly,
ford of austraila started to develop the 250 in the 1970s eventually the
result after many years of divergence was an engine that doesn't share
much of anything except maybe a bolt with the US verison. While ford in
the USA didn't do a damn thing with the wonderful base engine that their
inline 6 was, they did down under.



 
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-05, 09:01 AM
jim.gm4dhj
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Look at this Aussie Ford

Looks like a Honda....


 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-05, 11:01 AM
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Look at this Aussie Ford

tetraethylleadREMOVETHIS@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote:

> In article <0284p1d0bt5ima4k4n0jpomsg9agle04s3@4ax.com>, Rich wrote:
>> Doesn't it seem like a Taurus, a bit?
>>
>> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...6&thread=16115
>> 845

>
> Looks like the falcon. It's a real car. The taurus is a piece of shit
> compared to the falcon. The falcon is RWD and comes with one of a
> number of inline 6 and V8 options with automatic or manual
> transmissions.
>
> The pictured engine is the one I would like, a turbo inline 6. This
> DOHC inline 6 is decended from the old US 'falcon' 6 of the 6s. More
> exactly, ford of austraila started to develop the 250 in the 1970s
> eventually the result after many years of divergence was an engine
> that doesn't share much of anything except maybe a bolt with the US
> verison. While ford in the USA didn't do a damn thing with the
> wonderful base engine that their inline 6 was, they did down under.


How cool would that be.. to replace the Mustang 200 Sprint engine with
that one!


--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
 
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-05, 12:01 PM
RT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Look at this Aussie Ford

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:46:53 -0500, Rich <none@none.com> wrote:

>Doesn't it seem like a Taurus, a bit?
>
>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=16115845



Just as bland as the monaro. That one is not selling here either (GTO)
 
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-05, 01:01 PM
Brent P
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Look at this Aussie Ford

In article <Xns97227BCEF891Dpettyfogery@207.115.63.158>, Backyard Mechanic wrote:

>> The pictured engine is the one I would like, a turbo inline 6.


> How cool would that be.. to replace the Mustang 200 Sprint engine with
> that one!


I would love to put one in my maverick in place of the 250... but a
easier solution is supposedly on the way. A company is going to make a
proper high performance cylinder head for the 200/250.


 
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-05, 05:01 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Look at this Aussie Ford

tetraethylleadREMOVETHIS@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote:

> In article <Xns97227BCEF891Dpettyfogery@207.115.63.158>, Backyard
> Mechanic wrote:
>
>>> The pictured engine is the one I would like, a turbo inline 6.

>
>> How cool would that be.. to replace the Mustang 200 Sprint engine
>> with that one!

>
> I would love to put one in my maverick in place of the 250... but a
> easier solution is supposedly on the way. A company is going to make a
> proper high performance cylinder head for the 200/250.


But how long have we heard that?

The 7 main block is a great engine, but languished way too long due to
the silly head/manifold design
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
 
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-05, 11:01 PM
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Look at this Aussie Ford


"Rich" <none@none.com> wrote in message
news:0284p1d0bt5ima4k4n0jpomsg9agle04s3@4ax.com...
> Doesn't it seem like a Taurus, a bit?


Looks like a cross between a Taurus and a Contour.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


 
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-05, 11:01 PM
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Look at this Aussie Ford


"RT" <noyabusiness@yahoo.com> wrote
> Just as bland as the monaro. That one is not selling here either (GTO)


I actually prefer the Monaro to the GTO.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


 
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-05, 07:01 AM
trainfan1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Look at this Aussie Ford

Brent P wrote:
> In article <0284p1d0bt5ima4k4n0jpomsg9agle04s3@4ax.com>, Rich wrote:
>
>>Doesn't it seem like a Taurus, a bit?
>>
>>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=16115845

>
>
> Looks like the falcon. It's a real car. The taurus is a piece of shit
> compared to the falcon. The falcon is RWD and comes with one of a number
> of inline 6 and V8 options with automatic or manual transmissions.
>
> The pictured engine is the one I would like, a turbo inline 6. This DOHC
> inline 6 is decended from the old US 'falcon' 6 of the 6s. More exactly,
> ford of austraila started to develop the 250 in the 1970s eventually the
> result after many years of divergence was an engine that doesn't share
> much of anything except maybe a bolt with the US verison. While ford in
> the USA didn't do a damn thing with the wonderful base engine that their
> inline 6 was, they did down under.
>


Sure they did! Ford lopped 2 cylinders off and put it into the Tempo,
Topaz, & Taurus!

Rob
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome