Mass air conversion? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2005, 09:01   #1 (permalink)
Mark C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mass air conversion?

Hi Folks, I'm looking to convert my '87 GT to mass air. Does anyone out
there still sell a conversion kit?

--
Mark
--
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?".






  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-30-2005, 09:01   #2 (permalink)
Dinsdale
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mass air conversion?

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:07:10 -0800, "Mark C."
<mustango656@comcast.net> wrote:

>Hi Folks, I'm looking to convert my '87 GT to mass air. Does anyone out
>there still sell a conversion kit?
>
>--
>Mark


The search was so easy I don't care that you should have done it
yourself :)

http://www.sdpc2000.com/catalog/1703...Components.htm


For the 2005 Ford Racing catalog, go here:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/catalogs.asp

Look on page 100
Hurry...supplies are limited.

DP
Pics of the cars:
http://tinyurl.com/4fcsn
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:01   #3 (permalink)
Mark C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mass air conversion?

Thank's

--
Mark
--
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?".





"Dinsdale" <notnew@this.game> wrote in message
news:8qkl415fhk6t6am3236img6an8bstiqqru@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:07:10 -0800, "Mark C."
> <mustango656@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi Folks, I'm looking to convert my '87 GT to mass air. Does anyone out
>>there still sell a conversion kit?
>>
>>--
>>Mark

>
> The search was so easy I don't care that you should have done it
> yourself :)
>
> http://www.sdpc2000.com/catalog/1703...Components.htm
>
>
> For the 2005 Ford Racing catalog, go here:
> http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/catalogs.asp
>
> Look on page 100
> Hurry...supplies are limited.
>
> DP
> Pics of the cars:
> http://tinyurl.com/4fcsn



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 18:01   #4 (permalink)
NoOption5L@aol.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mass air conversion?

Mark C. wrote:
> Hi Folks, I'm looking to convert my '87 GT to mass air. Does anyone

out
> there still sell a conversion kit?


Mark,

I have to ask. Why are you converting?

Patrick
'93 Cobra

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:01   #5 (permalink)
Mark C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mass air conversion?

Someday I'd like to install a 347 stroker and speed density can't handle
that kind of mod. I also would like to convert to a 5 speed and need a new
cpu anyway.

--
Mark
--
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?".





<NoOption5L@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1112233469.152795.173600@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Mark C. wrote:
>> Hi Folks, I'm looking to convert my '87 GT to mass air. Does anyone

> out
>> there still sell a conversion kit?

>
> Mark,
>
> I have to ask. Why are you converting?
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 19:01   #6 (permalink)
NoOption5L@aol.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mass air conversion?

Mark C. wrote:
> Someday I'd like to install a 347 stroker and speed density can't

handle
> that kind of mod. I also would like to convert to a 5 speed and need

a new
> cpu anyway.


If "someday", isn't within the next year or so, I'd wait.

FYI -- Speed density (SD) can handle most mods - exhaust, heads, roller
rockers, intakes, T/Bs, even supercharging. A 5-speed swap isn't a
problem either. In fact, back in the day, swapping CPUs from automatic
trans equipped car to manual equipped cars was the hot thing to do.

The only problem SD has is with cam changes.

Patrick
'93 Cobra


> > Mark C. wrote:
> >> Hi Folks, I'm looking to convert my '87 GT to mass air. Does

anyone
> >> out there still sell a conversion kit?


> > Mark,


> > I have to ask. Why are you converting?


> > Patrick
> > '93 Cobra


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 09:02   #7 (permalink)
Mark C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mass air conversion?

I'm just afraid they'll discontinue the kit.

--
Mark
--
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?".





<NoOption5L@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1112321239.438755.88820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Mark C. wrote:
>> Someday I'd like to install a 347 stroker and speed density can't

> handle
>> that kind of mod. I also would like to convert to a 5 speed and need

> a new
>> cpu anyway.

>
> If "someday", isn't within the next year or so, I'd wait.
>
> FYI -- Speed density (SD) can handle most mods - exhaust, heads, roller
> rockers, intakes, T/Bs, even supercharging. A 5-speed swap isn't a
> problem either. In fact, back in the day, swapping CPUs from automatic
> trans equipped car to manual equipped cars was the hot thing to do.
>
> The only problem SD has is with cam changes.
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra
>
>
>> > Mark C. wrote:
>> >> Hi Folks, I'm looking to convert my '87 GT to mass air. Does

> anyone
>> >> out there still sell a conversion kit?

>
>> > Mark,

>
>> > I have to ask. Why are you converting?

>
>> > Patrick
>> > '93 Cobra

>



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 14:01   #8 (permalink)
Musttanguy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Mass air conversion?

You can convert to MAF quite a bit cheaper by using an 1988(California)
- 1989 factory EEC computer harness, these cars came with MAF systems
already. To convert, pull your original computer to engine harness and
install 88-89 harness,computer, MAF meter w/bracket/hoses and remove
hose from MAP sensor to intake and let vent.
Cost is generally $250-$275 for a NICE used setup.

Tim (Musttanguy)
PonyPerformance.com

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.