My Ride New Pic - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2005, 21:01   #1 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
My Ride New Pic

Now, as Kate mentioned.... Before and After....
See Sig lines for links
Spike
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-11-2005, 16:01   #2 (permalink)
Cobra Boy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: My Ride New Pic

WOW that was alot of work and money, I'll bet. But it looks great now.
Cobraboy
"Spike" <jma@snowcrest.net> wrote in message
news:ivamk1ppp87cf5badovd4o8fc7u5680rqa@4ax.com...
> Now, as Kate mentioned.... Before and After....
> See Sig lines for links
> Spike
> 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
> Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
> 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
> 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
> Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
> Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
> Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
> Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 16:01   #3 (permalink)
one80out@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: My Ride New Pic

That's an amazing job for just 17 months (or less). Good work! Thanks
for bringing this one back among the living.

180 Out

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 16:01   #4 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: My Ride New Pic

I thank you for the good comments, but the credit really goes to the
person I contracted with, though the implementation of all upgrades,
improvements and choices of which OEM parts to retain and which to
replace was with me. And the upgrades, mods, etc, I have made since
it was delivered are my doing.

It still has things which must be done, though it is very close to
complete, and it is roadworthy, but at 40 yrs plus, I have to wonder
which is doing better, the car or me at 57. LOL I was very fortunate
to begin with a very solid, very well preserved "car"cass. The dry
central California air kept it from dissolving into a rust bucket.

Now, if and when the engine gets repaired; it just lost the oil pump,
pump shaft, and first rod due to a piece of rod seal about 1/16th of
an inch square which was sucked up into and froze the oil pump; I'll
be cruising even as I finish it up. But that problem is being worked.

As for expense.... It could have been a lot worse.... On the other
hand, I could have purchased a new 2005 Mustang for less. But, I
didn't do it to make a profit. I did it because it's what I wanted.


On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:06:29 -0700, Spike <jma@snowcrest.net> wrote:

>Now, as Kate mentioned.... Before and After....
>See Sig lines for links
>Spike
>1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
>Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
>16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
>225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
>Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
>Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
>Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
>Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg


Spike
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 21:01   #5 (permalink)
RT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: My Ride New Pic

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:06:29 -0700, Spike <jma@snowcrest.net> wrote:

>Now, as Kate mentioned.... Before and After....
>See Sig lines for links
>Spike
>1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
>Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
>16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
>225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
>Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
>Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
>Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
>Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg



whoa, that's a very nice looking mustang you got there now !
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 23:01   #6 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: My Ride New Pic

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:31:47 -0700, RT <noyabusiness@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:06:29 -0700, Spike <jma@snowcrest.net> wrote:
>
>>Now, as Kate mentioned.... Before and After....
>>See Sig lines for links
>>Spike
>>1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
>>Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
>>16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
>>225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
>>Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
>>Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
>>Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
>>Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg

>
>
>whoa, that's a very nice looking mustang you got there now !

Thanks... That was in July.... I have added a few improvements since
then. Hard to believe it's the same car as when I bought it.
Spike
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:01   #7 (permalink)
dwight
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: My Ride New Pic

I can't believe that's the same car. Astounding.

Maybe, in another 30 years, you could see what you could do with TFrog...?

Congratulations.

dwight

"Spike" <jma@snowcrest.net> wrote in message
news:ivamk1ppp87cf5badovd4o8fc7u5680rqa@4ax.com...
> Now, as Kate mentioned.... Before and After....
> See Sig lines for links
> Spike
> 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
> Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
> 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
> 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
> Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
> Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
> Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
> Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:01   #8 (permalink)
Joe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: My Ride New Pic

Spike <jma@snowcrest.net> wrote in
news:kh5pk1t3vglf4bmuamo2qjpmporcim4ps2@4ax.com:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:31:47 -0700, RT <noyabusiness@yahoo.com>

wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:06:29 -0700, Spike <jma@snowcrest.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Now, as Kate mentioned.... Before and After....
>>>See Sig lines for links
>>>Spike
>>>1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
>>>Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
>>>16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
>>>225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
>>>Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
>>>Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
>>>Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/davescar_7_11_05_

002.jpg
>>>Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg

>>
>>
>>whoa, that's a very nice looking mustang you got there now !

> Thanks... That was in July.... I have added a few improvements since
> then. Hard to believe it's the same car as when I bought it.
> Spike
> 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
> Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
> 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
> 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
> Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
> Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
> Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/davescar_7_11_05_

002.jpg
> Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg


Looks real nice, Spike. Love the 'before' and 'after'. Best of luck
with it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 14:01   #9 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: My Ride New Pic

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:28:57 -0400, "dwight" <tfrog93@GEEmail.com>
wrote:

>I can't believe that's the same car. Astounding.
>
>Maybe, in another 30 years, you could see what you could do with TFrog...?
>
>Congratulations.
>
>dwight
>
>"Spike" <jma@snowcrest.net> wrote in message
>news:ivamk1ppp87cf5badovd4o8fc7u5680rqa@4ax.com...
>> Now, as Kate mentioned.... Before and After....
>> See Sig lines for links
>> Spike
>> 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
>> Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
>> 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
>> 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
>> Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
>> Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
>> Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
>> Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg

>

Thanks, but in 30 years, I will remember where the keys are but won't
remember what they are for... 'cause I'll be 87. LOL : 0 )
Spike
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 14:01   #10 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: My Ride New Pic

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:49:39 GMT, Joe <avoidingspam@nospam.com> wrote:


>> Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg

>
>Looks real nice, Spike. Love the 'before' and 'after'. Best of luck
>with it.


Thanks.... It's a labor of love and a work of art that I doubt will
ever really be finished.

Spike
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005 - http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:54.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.