New Reality Show Pinks - WTF? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2005, 20:01   #1 (permalink)
Jimmy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
New Reality Show Pinks - WTF?

Anybody see this? A new reality show on TV. Actually looking for people to
put their 1/4 mile killers head in the guillotine.

Lose the race and you lose title to your car? Yeah, right. No matter what
car you have, somebody's always faster. Just like no matter how well you
think you can fight, you can get your ass beat. Or how well you shoot,
etc...(ever lose to your wife at bench rifle target practice? I did...it
sucked!)

Saw this link off of racingjunk dot com http://racingjunk.com/pinks.jsp A
web show with somebody actually losing their car. WTF? Then of course ads
for others to get on TV and attempt to lose their fully titled car. Ha!
Right. Anybody willing to give speed channel a free car to promote the show
should just sell the car for cash.

**Nobody gives a crap if you're on TV. ESPECIALLY if you lose your car!**




  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-02-2005, 03:01   #2 (permalink)
RichA
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New Reality Show Pinks - WTF?

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:45:28 -0500, "Jimmy" <Jimsfastls1@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Anybody see this? A new reality show on TV. Actually looking for people to
>put their 1/4 mile killers head in the guillotine.
>
>Lose the race and you lose title to your car? Yeah, right. No matter what
>car you have, somebody's always faster. Just like no matter how well you
>think you can fight, you can get your ass beat. Or how well you shoot,
>etc...(ever lose to your wife at bench rifle target practice? I did...it
>sucked!)
>
>Saw this link off of racingjunk dot com http://racingjunk.com/pinks.jsp A
>web show with somebody actually losing their car. WTF? Then of course ads
>for others to get on TV and attempt to lose their fully titled car. Ha!
>Right. Anybody willing to give speed channel a free car to promote the show
>should just sell the car for cash.
>
>**Nobody gives a crap if you're on TV. ESPECIALLY if you lose your car!**
>
>
>


I hate to break it to you Zeke, but those reality shows are scripted
and no one is going to lose their car and get nothing in return.
Sounds as stupid as any other reality show. But, if they could
arrange to have Donald Trump just short of the 1/4 mile mark so he
gets hit by either car, I'd watch it.
-Rich
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 18:01   #3 (permalink)
JohnR66
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New Reality Show Pinks - WTF?


"RichA" <none@none.com> wrote in message
news:tfqs41t51bqmm5uou59lpj3irlcnjvqkgj@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:45:28 -0500, "Jimmy" <Jimsfastls1@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Anybody see this? A new reality show on TV. Actually looking for people to
>>put their 1/4 mile killers head in the guillotine.
>>
>>Lose the race and you lose title to your car? Yeah, right. No matter what
>>car you have, somebody's always faster. Just like no matter how well you
>>think you can fight, you can get your ass beat. Or how well you shoot,
>>etc...(ever lose to your wife at bench rifle target practice? I did...it
>>sucked!)
>>
>>Saw this link off of racingjunk dot com http://racingjunk.com/pinks.jsp
>>A
>>web show with somebody actually losing their car. WTF? Then of course ads
>>for others to get on TV and attempt to lose their fully titled car. Ha!
>>Right. Anybody willing to give speed channel a free car to promote the
>>show
>>should just sell the car for cash.
>>
>>**Nobody gives a crap if you're on TV. ESPECIALLY if you lose your car!**
>>
>>
>>

>
> I hate to break it to you Zeke, but those reality shows are scripted
> and no one is going to lose their car and get nothing in return.
> Sounds as stupid as any other reality show. But, if they could
> arrange to have Donald Trump just short of the 1/4 mile mark so he
> gets hit by either car, I'd watch it.
> -Rich


He probably thought that WWF was real westling...


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 21:02   #4 (permalink)
JS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New Reality Show Pinks - WTF?


"JohnR66" <nospam@att.net> wrote in message
news:pOH3e.506739$w62.224219@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>
> "RichA" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> news:tfqs41t51bqmm5uou59lpj3irlcnjvqkgj@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:45:28 -0500, "Jimmy" <Jimsfastls1@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Anybody see this? A new reality show on TV. Actually looking for people
>>>to
>>>put their 1/4 mile killers head in the guillotine.
>>>
>>>Lose the race and you lose title to your car? Yeah, right. No matter what
>>>car you have, somebody's always faster. Just like no matter how well you
>>>think you can fight, you can get your ass beat. Or how well you shoot,
>>>etc...(ever lose to your wife at bench rifle target practice? I did...it
>>>sucked!)
>>>
>>>Saw this link off of racingjunk dot com http://racingjunk.com/pinks.jsp
>>>A
>>>web show with somebody actually losing their car. WTF? Then of course ads
>>>for others to get on TV and attempt to lose their fully titled car. Ha!
>>>Right. Anybody willing to give speed channel a free car to promote the
>>>show
>>>should just sell the car for cash.
>>>
>>>**Nobody gives a crap if you're on TV. ESPECIALLY if you lose your car!**
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>> I hate to break it to you Zeke, but those reality shows are scripted
>> and no one is going to lose their car and get nothing in return.
>> Sounds as stupid as any other reality show. But, if they could
>> arrange to have Donald Trump just short of the 1/4 mile mark so he
>> gets hit by either car, I'd watch it.
>> -Rich

>
> He probably thought that WWF was real westling...


While I'm fully aware that WWF/WWE isn't real wrestling... I know that a)
people have done this in the past, mostly back in the muscle car heydays...
b) people in general will do almost anything to get on TV... and c) some
people think their car is faster than anyone else's. I wouldn't be
surprised if this isn't for real. But... I think that the winner either
gets to keep the car or get a prize that they would otherwise give to the
loser for appearing on TV. In some cases, the prize is probably worth more
than the opponent's car.

JS


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 23:01   #5 (permalink)
one80out@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New Reality Show Pinks - WTF?

There was a write-up on this show in Car Craft. The producers buy both
the cars, starting with fairly similar models, and turn them over to
two-person teams. The teams try to tune up their cars and in the final
showdown the winning team gets both cars. The cars in the Car Craft
story were basic '70's beaters, Firebirds iirc. It didn't look very
interesting. I mean, you can watch real drag racers duke it out in NHRA
meets just about every weekend.

180 Out

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:01   #6 (permalink)
ZombyWoof
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New Reality Show Pinks - WTF?

On 3 Apr 2005 22:01:17 -0700, one80out@hotmail.com wrote something
wonderfully witty:

>There was a write-up on this show in Car Craft. The producers buy both
>the cars, starting with fairly similar models, and turn them over to
>two-person teams. The teams try to tune up their cars and in the final
>showdown the winning team gets both cars. The cars in the Car Craft
>story were basic '70's beaters, Firebirds iirc. It didn't look very
>interesting. I mean, you can watch real drag racers duke it out in NHRA
>meets just about every weekend.
>
>180 Out
>

Ah hell I've been watching this show, it is exactly as you describe
it. They buy two exact cars, two teams of two guys each do some minor
build-ups on em to hawk somebody or another speed product then haul em
out to the local dragstrip to run head to head.

The way it works is these brothers host the show and pick up two
identical cars, the one I saw it was IROC Z's. They bring in the two
teams of two guys who do a coin toss to see who picks which car. They
then dyno em to get a baseline. After that both teams are given mods
to make by the hosts, usually designed to Hawk some sponsors product.
If they get those mods done in time they are offered their choice of a
second mod from a choice of like three. They then dyno loth cars
again to see what improvements were made and head out to the track.
The winning team gets both cars, or in another words each guy on the
team gets to keep one. The teams are usually made up of guys that are
buds.
--

"Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
than the well lived life really has distorted our sense
of who we are and what life is about." -- Author unkown
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:33.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.