New tires for the '03 gt vert - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2005, 12:01   #1 (permalink)
mustangjoe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
New tires for the '03 gt vert

Well it's 30k plus on the OEM Goodyears. So I've been told it's time
for new rubber. I'm looking at Dunlop SP Sport 9000. THhy seem
reasonably priced and I have read good things about them. I'm looking
for good year round performance and not alot of noise. Anyone have any
other suggestins or experience with Dunlop?

Thanks!
joe
2003 Stock GT 'Vert

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2005, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
RSCamaro
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New tires for the '03 gt vert

On 14 Oct 2005 10:55:29 -0700, "mustangjoe" <joeliotine@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Well it's 30k plus on the OEM Goodyears. So I've been told it's time
>for new rubber. I'm looking at Dunlop SP Sport 9000. THhy seem
>reasonably priced and I have read good things about them. I'm looking
>for good year round performance and not alot of noise. Anyone have any
>other suggestins or experience with Dunlop?
>
>Thanks!
>joe
>2003 Stock GT 'Vert
>


Just put on a set of Fuzion ZRI tires made by Bridgestone though the
name is not on the tire. 245/45/R17 95W rated tires good for like
180+ mph, good traction, good in the wet, overall about 100% better
than the Goodyears. They cost me about $600 and change for the set of
4 with road hazard insurance.

...Ron
--
68' Camaro RS
88' Firebird Formula
00' Mustang GT Vert
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:01   #3 (permalink)
bradtx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New tires for the '03 gt vert

Joe, Best all around tire I've used so far is the BFG Comp-TA
(rebadged G-Force?) KDWs. Problem? Expensive!

A set of Dunlop SP5000s on my '89 were very close and there is a newer
design out that's had a pretty good review at tirerack.com. Nitto
NT555s have been a staple around here and are good, but not great. I
recently put some Kumho ECSTA 711s on the '89. They're pretty good,
except can be noisy on some pavement. All tires I've mentioned are 245
45-17s.

bradtx

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 11:04   #4 (permalink)
Rick Olive
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New tires for the '03 gt vert

bradtx wrote:

> Joe, Best all around tire I've used so far is the BFG Comp-TA
> (rebadged G-Force?) KDWs. Problem? Expensive!
>
> A set of Dunlop SP5000s on my '89 were very close and there is a newer
> design out that's had a pretty good review at tirerack.com. Nitto
> NT555s have been a staple around here and are good, but not great. I
> recently put some Kumho ECSTA 711s on the '89. They're pretty good,
> except can be noisy on some pavement. All tires I've mentioned are 245
> 45-17s.
>
> bradtx
>

Yup. When tragedy struck I put Kumho Ecsta RSX's on the Cobra cause
Sears auto center was the only place open that had my size. Been so
impressed they're now on all four corners.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 20:01   #5 (permalink)
RT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New tires for the '03 gt vert

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:05:02 -0700, Rick Olive
<rickolive@N0SPAMcomcast.net> wrote:

>bradtx wrote:
>
>> Joe, Best all around tire I've used so far is the BFG Comp-TA
>> (rebadged G-Force?) KDWs. Problem? Expensive!
>>
>> A set of Dunlop SP5000s on my '89 were very close and there is a newer
>> design out that's had a pretty good review at tirerack.com. Nitto
>> NT555s have been a staple around here and are good, but not great. I
>> recently put some Kumho ECSTA 711s on the '89. They're pretty good,
>> except can be noisy on some pavement. All tires I've mentioned are 245
>> 45-17s.
>>
>> bradtx
>>

>Yup. When tragedy struck I put Kumho Ecsta RSX's on the Cobra cause
>Sears auto center was the only place open that had my size. Been so
>impressed they're now on all four corners.


Same on my cobra. Much more quiet than the oem's, and I no longer have
the car pull to the right.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 20:01   #6 (permalink)
Cobra Boy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New tires for the '03 gt vert

The '98 cobra convertible I just bought has Toyo proxes fz4's on it and I'm
not real impressed with them. It seems real easy to get them break loose on
a wet road. So I wouldn't recommend getting them.
Cobraboy '98 convert.
"mustangjoe" <joeliotine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1129312528.893951.63880@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Well it's 30k plus on the OEM Goodyears. So I've been told it's time
> for new rubber. I'm looking at Dunlop SP Sport 9000. THhy seem
> reasonably priced and I have read good things about them. I'm looking
> for good year round performance and not alot of noise. Anyone have any
> other suggestins or experience with Dunlop?
>
> Thanks!
> joe
> 2003 Stock GT 'Vert
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 22:01   #7 (permalink)
RT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New tires for the '03 gt vert

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 02:32:18 GMT, "Cobra Boy" <cobraboy@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>The '98 cobra convertible I just bought has Toyo proxes fz4's on it and I'm
>not real impressed with them. It seems real easy to get them break loose on
>a wet road. So I wouldn't recommend getting them.


But have you driven this same car with different tires in the wet ? It
doesn't take much to slide a mustang around in the rain no matter what
tires.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:01   #8 (permalink)
Cobra Boy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New tires for the '03 gt vert

Good point, i did have a '97 cobra convert. with hankook's on it and it seem
alittle better in the rain but terrible in the snow. lol
Cobraboy '98 convert
"RT" <noyabusiness@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:gku8l1h35p9crnvj4q9eau4nn68d7h0ngd@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 02:32:18 GMT, "Cobra Boy" <cobraboy@nowhere.net>
> wrote:
>
> >The '98 cobra convertible I just bought has Toyo proxes fz4's on it and

I'm
> >not real impressed with them. It seems real easy to get them break loose

on
> >a wet road. So I wouldn't recommend getting them.

>
> But have you driven this same car with different tires in the wet ? It
> doesn't take much to slide a mustang around in the rain no matter what
> tires.



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:29.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.