Old Mustang - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-05, 09:01 PM
Bill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Old Mustang

We are fixing up a 1965 Mustang Fastback. It has a paint code of "K" which
is a "silver smoke grey". I can't recall ever seeing any with this color.
I was wondering how to find out how many 1965 Mustangs and especially how
many Fastbacks were painted this color? Do we have a rare color code. I
don't think the color was even offered in 1966. Maybe it is butt ugly!!
Any ideas out there?
Thanks
Bill




 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-05, 10:01 PM
Elwood Blues
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Old Mustang

I don't know where to get production figures for a specific model year
color except by ordering a marti report. Here's a page showing 1965
colors though:

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/65colors.html

 
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-05, 07:01 AM
cprice@here.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Old Mustang

Elwood Blues wrote:

> I don't know where to get production figures for a specific model year
> color except by ordering a marti report. Here's a page showing 1965
> colors though:
>
> http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/65colors.html
>


If you are doing a 65 resto, I would probably suggest a Marti report. :)

http://www.martiauto.com/index.html

This will tell you how many cars like yours were made based on the
original ford production data. All sorts of goodies come out in the report.
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-05, 12:02 PM
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Old Mustang


<cprice@here.com> wrote in message news:430C7ADC.7000501@here.com...
> Elwood Blues wrote:
>
>> I don't know where to get production figures for a specific model year
>> color except by ordering a marti report. Here's a page showing 1965
>> colors though:
>>
>> http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/65colors.html
>>

>
> If you are doing a 65 resto, I would probably suggest a Marti report. :)
>
> http://www.martiauto.com/index.html
>
> This will tell you how many cars like yours were made based on the
> original ford production data. All sorts of goodies come out in the
> report.


You can't get a Marti report for '65. The data only goes back to '67.
Believe me; I wish it WAS available because I'd like more proof on my "1 of
1" '66 Dearborn High Country Special.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


 
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-05, 08:01 AM
Bill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Old Mustang

Yep, I went to the Marti site and the years START at 1967. So anybody have
any clues about how to find the 65 productions numbers? Does Ford keep this
stuff available?
Bill


"66 6F HCS" <69ta_mustang@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:kcWdnWFscMIpK5HeRVn-qg@comcast.com...
>
> <cprice@here.com> wrote in message news:430C7ADC.7000501@here.com...
>> Elwood Blues wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know where to get production figures for a specific model year
>>> color except by ordering a marti report. Here's a page showing 1965
>>> colors though:
>>>
>>> http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/65colors.html
>>>

>>
>> If you are doing a 65 resto, I would probably suggest a Marti report. :)
>>
>> http://www.martiauto.com/index.html
>>
>> This will tell you how many cars like yours were made based on the
>> original ford production data. All sorts of goodies come out in the
>> report.

>
> You can't get a Marti report for '65. The data only goes back to '67.
> Believe me; I wish it WAS available because I'd like more proof on my "1
> of 1" '66 Dearborn High Country Special.
> --
> Scott W.
> '66 HCS Mustang 289
> '68 Ranchero 500 302
> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> ThunderSnake #57
> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/
>



 
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-05, 01:01 PM
Laurie S.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Old Mustang



"Bill" <beesbo@midrivers.com> wrote in message
news:degns3$fb3j$1@news3.infoave.net...
> We are fixing up a 1965 Mustang Fastback. It has a paint code of "K"
> which is a "silver smoke grey". I can't recall ever seeing any with this
> color. I was wondering how to find out how many 1965 Mustangs and
> especially how many Fastbacks were painted this color? Do we have a rare
> color code. I don't think the color was even offered in 1966. Maybe it
> is butt ugly!!
> Any ideas out there?
> Thanks
> Bill
>


Silver Smoke Grey is a rare color as far as I know, and, it is gorgeous.

--------------
Laurie S.
Thunder Snake #7


 
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-05, 03:01 PM
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Old Mustang


"Bill" <beesbo@midrivers.com> wrote in message
news:dekkia$1eoj$1@news3.infoave.net...
> So anybody have any clues about how to find the 65 productions numbers?


Nope

>Does Ford keep this stuff available?


Nope

Did you get your color from the paintcode on your bucktag? Make sure you
don't have a blank code, then you'd have something even more rare if it's a
special order paint.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


 
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-05, 08:01 PM
SVTKate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Old Mustang

Hey Bill,
I found this, maybe it will help
http://www.nzmustang.com/TechData/paintcolours.htm
I have a pictue I took of one that MIGHT be that color at a car show last
year, though I believe it's a different year.
it would give you the idea anyway.
http://www.kizthiz.com/silver.jpg

I loved the color on the car, thought it was drop dead gorgeous!

Kate



"Bill" <beesbo@midrivers.com> wrote in message
news:degns3$fb3j$1@news3.infoave.net...
: We are fixing up a 1965 Mustang Fastback. It has a paint code of "K"
which
: is a "silver smoke grey". I can't recall ever seeing any with this color.
: I was wondering how to find out how many 1965 Mustangs and especially how
: many Fastbacks were painted this color? Do we have a rare color code. I
: don't think the color was even offered in 1966. Maybe it is butt ugly!!
: Any ideas out there?
: Thanks
: Bill
:
:


 
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-05, 10:01 PM
Bill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Old Mustang

Thanks for all the responses everybody. Here is a picture a friend found of
one that is the same color:
http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/images/65-K.jpg
I kinda like it!! My wife thinks we should repaint ours with the black and
gold stripes! It looks like a Hertz Shelby clone now.
Bill


"SVTKate" <whoever@whatever.complaint.dept> wrote in message
news:78vPe.2116$_84.1978@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Hey Bill,
> I found this, maybe it will help
> http://www.nzmustang.com/TechData/paintcolours.htm
> I have a pictue I took of one that MIGHT be that color at a car show last
> year, though I believe it's a different year.
> it would give you the idea anyway.
> http://www.kizthiz.com/silver.jpg
>
> I loved the color on the car, thought it was drop dead gorgeous!
>
> Kate
>
>
>
> "Bill" <beesbo@midrivers.com> wrote in message
> news:degns3$fb3j$1@news3.infoave.net...
> : We are fixing up a 1965 Mustang Fastback. It has a paint code of "K"
> which
> : is a "silver smoke grey". I can't recall ever seeing any with this
> color.
> : I was wondering how to find out how many 1965 Mustangs and especially
> how
> : many Fastbacks were painted this color? Do we have a rare color code.
> I
> : don't think the color was even offered in 1966. Maybe it is butt ugly!!
> : Any ideas out there?
> : Thanks
> : Bill
> :
> :
>
>



 
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-05, 10:01 PM
Bill
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Old Mustang

Yep, from the tag. It is:

Body: 63A 2+2 Fastback, Standard Interior
Color: K Silver Smoke Grey
Trim: 26 Black Crinkle Vinyl, Standard Interior
Date: 09Q March 09, 1965
DSO: 71 Los Angeles
Axle: 1 3.00:1, Conventional
Trans: 6 C4 Automatic

It's an A code engine. We plan on having fun fixing and driving it, mostly
driving!!





"66 6F HCS" <69ta_mustang@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:damdnUXpLIvrr5PeRVn-sQ@comcast.com...
>
> "Bill" <beesbo@midrivers.com> wrote in message
> news:dekkia$1eoj$1@news3.infoave.net...
>> So anybody have any clues about how to find the 65 productions numbers?

>
> Nope
>
>>Does Ford keep this stuff available?

>
> Nope
>
> Did you get your color from the paintcode on your bucktag? Make sure you
> don't have a blank code, then you'd have something even more rare if it's
> a special order paint.
> --
> Scott W.
> '66 HCS Mustang 289
> '68 Ranchero 500 302
> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> ThunderSnake #57
> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/
>
>



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome