And only $5600 out the door.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-05, 11:01 PM
Rich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
And only $5600 out the door....

In 1970.

DODGE CHARGER DAYTONA

SPECIFICATIONS

TOP SPEED
200 mph (320 km/h)
0-60 mph (0-96 KM/H)
4.3 sec

ENGINE TYPE

V8
DISPLACEMENT
426 ci (6,997 cc)

TRANSMISSION
4-speed manual
MAXIMUM POWER
556 bhp (415 kW) @ 6.000 rpm
MAXIMUM TORQUE
497 lb ft (674 Nm) @ 5,400 rpm
WEIGHT
3,100 lb (1,409 kg)

 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-05, 07:01 AM
KJ.Kate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And only $5600 out the door....

Yea Rich THAT's on topic.....



"Rich" <none@none.com> wrote in message
news:i5lol1p2ru9s93vsiil4g0774cfcnkl574@4ax.com...
: In 1970.
:
: DODGE CHARGER DAYTONA
:
: SPECIFICATIONS
:
: TOP SPEED
: 200 mph (320 km/h)
: 0-60 mph (0-96 KM/H)
: 4.3 sec
:
: ENGINE TYPE
:
: V8
: DISPLACEMENT
: 426 ci (6,997 cc)
:
: TRANSMISSION
: 4-speed manual
: MAXIMUM POWER
: 556 bhp (415 kW) @ 6.000 rpm
: MAXIMUM TORQUE
: 497 lb ft (674 Nm) @ 5,400 rpm
: WEIGHT
: 3,100 lb (1,409 kg)
:


 
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-05, 12:01 PM
michaelanderson4@sympatico.ca
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And only $5600 out the door....

As was your response.

 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-05, 12:01 PM
one80out@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And only $5600 out the door....

That must be the full-fledge NASCAR version, because no stock Charger
ever came close to any of those numbers -- except maybe the 4-spd
manual part. HP more like 380 SAE net, torque about 425 lb-ft, 0-60
about 6.0, top speed 150 (a verrrry unpleasant 150), weight 3,900.

180 Out

 
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-05, 03:10 PM
KJ.Kate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And only $5600 out the door....

whatever....

<michaelanderson4@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:1130172424.696452.51550@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
: As was your response.
:


 
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-05, 04:01 PM
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And only $5600 out the door....

On 24 Oct 2005 09:47:04 -0700, michaelanderson4@sympatico.ca wrote:

>As was your response.

I must be hung over or something, 'cause I really didn't understand
your response. If the NG is about Mustangs, and Rich posts a
description of a Dodge, then someone points out it has nothing to do
with Mustangs... how is that OT? I think I need some Excedrin.... and
lots of coffee... LOL: 0 )
Spike
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2, Vintage Burgundy
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Vintage 40 16" rims w/225/50ZR16 KDWS BF Goodrich
gForce Radial T/As, Cobra drop; surround sound
audio-video...
See my ride at....
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
 
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-05, 04:01 PM
KJ.Kate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And only $5600 out the door....

C'mere hon, I'l fix you a cuppa coffee....
maybe I'll even "Spike" it
LOL

K.


"Spike" <jma@snowcrest.net> wrote in message
news:6ajql15mcbh3k81ku4cfobp0dmvkc5finr@4ax.com...
: On 24 Oct 2005 09:47:04 -0700, michaelanderson4@sympatico.ca wrote:
:
: >As was your response.
: I must be hung over or something, 'cause I really didn't understand
: your response. If the NG is about Mustangs, and Rich posts a
: description of a Dodge, then someone points out it has nothing to do
: with Mustangs... how is that OT? I think I need some Excedrin.... and
: lots of coffee... LOL: 0 )
: Spike
: 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2, Vintage Burgundy
: w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
: Vintage 40 16" rims w/225/50ZR16 KDWS BF Goodrich
: gForce Radial T/As, Cobra drop; surround sound
: audio-video...
: See my ride at....
: Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
: Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
: Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
: Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg


 
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-05, 03:02 AM
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And only $5600 out the door....

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:17:32 -0500, "KJ.Kate"
<KJ.Kate@WhoseHotMail.com> wrote:

>C'mere hon, I'l fix you a cuppa coffee....
>maybe I'll even "Spike" it
>LOL
>
>K.


>
>

hahahahahahahahaaha ouch!: 0 )
>

Spike
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2, Vintage Burgundy
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Vintage 40 16" rims w/225/50ZR16 KDWS BF Goodrich
gForce Radial T/As, Cobra drop; surround sound
audio-video...
See my ride at....
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
 
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-05, 03:02 AM
Rich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And only $5600 out the door....

On 24 Oct 2005 10:07:28 -0700, one80out@hotmail.com wrote:

>That must be the full-fledge NASCAR version, because no stock Charger
>ever came close to any of those numbers -- except maybe the 4-spd
>manual part. HP more like 380 SAE net, torque about 425 lb-ft, 0-60
>about 6.0, top speed 150 (a verrrry unpleasant 150), weight 3,900.
>
>180 Out


Apparently, all you needed was the "race" Hemi which had been
available as an option for several years. Cross-ram, 12.5:1
compression. Since the normal Hemi was way underrated at 425hp,
it's reasonable to assume the race was producing near 600.
Don't forget; The specially-prepped but dealer-avaiable Dart in 1960
could turn high 10s in the quarter with the race Hemi.
Not many cars now under $300k that can do that.
-Rich
 
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-05, 03:02 AM
one80out@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And only $5600 out the door....


Rich wrote:
> On 24 Oct 2005 10:07:28 -0700, one80out@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >That must be the full-fledge NASCAR version, because no stock Charger
> >ever came close to any of those numbers -- except maybe the 4-spd
> >manual part. HP more like 380 SAE net, torque about 425 lb-ft, 0-60
> >about 6.0, top speed 150 (a verrrry unpleasant 150), weight 3,900.
> >
> >180 Out

>
> Apparently, all you needed was the "race" Hemi which had been
> available as an option for several years. Cross-ram, 12.5:1
> compression. Since the normal Hemi was way underrated at 425hp,
> it's reasonable to assume the race was producing near 600.
> Don't forget; The specially-prepped but dealer-avaiable Dart in 1960
> could turn high 10s in the quarter with the race Hemi.
> Not many cars now under $300k that can do that.


I've never heard of the "race hemi" option for a '69 Charger Daytona.
Regarding the 426/425 hp "street hemi," according to something I posted
to alt.hi-po-big-block-ford-mercury a few years back, that engine had
about 411 flywheel horsepower. Here's my edited version of that post:

"The Hemi had a 10.25:1 CR, 2.25/1/94 cross-flow heads, dual quads,
famously low-restriction mufflers, and Mopar-style "factory header"
exhaust manifolds. The solid lifter cam had 276 deg advertised
duration, 60 deg overlap, and .467/.473 lift. This combination was
advertised at 425 hp @ 5000, 490 ft-lbs 4000. (See
http://www.users.qwest.net/~pbarring/specs.htm .)

"A '69 Hemi RR weighs 3880 lbs. (See Motor Trend's '69 Car of the Year
story, as quoted at http://www.hotrodder.com/nick/rrhistory.htm .) Back
in the day, Car Life magazine got a 4.10:1 Super Track Pack Hemi RR to
trap at 104. (See http://www.hotrodder.com/nick/rrhistory.htm .)
Assuming a 17% drivetrain loss, a 3880 lb car requires 341 rwhp, 411
fwhp, to trap at 104 mph (using the formulas rwhp = weight * (mph /
234)^3 and fwhp = rwhp/.83)."

180 Out

 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome