Re: HISSSS----> CJ - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2005, 17:01   #1 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISSSS----> CJ

In article <1112053362.725028.55910@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
<one80out@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Limp Rick wrote:
>
> > And yet you haven't proved a thing.

>
> A lie. With verbatim quotes and links to posts I have proved pretty
> much your entire life through the end of the '70's, i.e., through the
> high point of your gearhead career, the high twelves purpose-built
> 4-4-2. I have proved that you have at most one vintage car that runs,
> a '64 Fairlane wagon iirc, and that this has been so for at least the
> past four years. I have evidence that supports the conclusion that
> you've never been down a dragstrip. I learned all this with about
> three or four Google Groups searches. You're so conceitedly addicted
> to writing about yourself, it doesn't take much effort to get the
> goods. And there are 13,000 more posts with your name on them.
>
> > You are a child molester until you prove otherwise.

>
> Liar. You made that up with no evidence whatsoever. It's not even
> imaginative.


It's still no worse than what you do. Example? Since you brought up
the Olds, tell me where I said that car was a full race effort, as you
claim? Don't snip this. And there will be more.

Never been down a dragstrip? OK, let's see when the last time I
really was down a dragstrip. Google again in the BB group. Don't snip
this, 'cause I'll keep posting it.

>
> > That is the same routine you're pulling on me.

>
> You probably believe that, don't you? Idiot.
>
> > If the shoe fits...

>
> Good advice. You need to make yourself a list of these homilies of
> yours. Put that one with "Live and let live" and "Young assholes grow
> up to be old assholes." Try to squeeze into your pea brain what they
> mean and try to live by them and the world will be a better place.


The world? My, how you flatter me. I didn't realize what effect I
had on Mother earth. You know, I really am omnipotent.

GodJet

>
> 180 Out
> TS 2
>


--
ThunderSnake #1
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2005, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
one80out@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISSSS----> CJ

Limp Rick wrote:

> It's still no worse than what you do.


Just like I said: idiot.

> Example? Since you brought up the Olds, tell
> me where I said that car was a full race effort, as you
> claim? Don't snip this. And there will be more.


Show me where I said that you said that it was a "full race effort."
What I have been writing is that you put a purpose built 455 in your
4-4-2 and made it a "race-only" car, while a Courier mini-truck was
your daily driver. Here's one relevant post:

"What happened to me and several of my friends in the 'old days' is
this: There would always come a point in building up our cars where any
additional power would significantly reduce the daily driveability. One
by one we bought separate cars for transportation use, and the
build-ups continued on our musclecars. In 1978 I went from driving a
12.5 sec 455-powered Olds 4-4-2 (still got it) every day to a new 2.3
Liter Ford Courier."

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...5ed74006a5f217
(Feb 13, 1998)

So tell me now, why do I always answer your questions and you never
answer any of mine? Because YOU'RE the liar and the chickenshit,
that's why.

> Never been down a dragstrip? OK, let's see
> when the last time I really was down a dragstrip.
> Google again in the BB group. Don't snip
> this, 'cause I'll keep posting it.


Why don't YOU Google the BB group, or better yet just type it? I've
already typed what my evidence is:

(1) The fact that you state the quarter mile times for your GT/CS or
your 4-4-2 as a range of one or two tenths, suggests that you never
actually took them to the strip. Instead, you beat somebody in a
street race who HAD been to the strip and had run a 12.X. So you
started bragging that your car was a 12.(X - 1) or 12.(X - 2).

(2) In the many posts of yours that I have read, you have never
described a drag strip run.

(3) In the many posts of yours that I have read, you have never been
shy about describing in extreme detail just about every aspect of your
pathetic meaningless life, particularly the automotive details.

(4) As I just wrote to Carl, you could rebut me quite easily, but you
never do.

Put it all together and I conclude that you have never been down the
strip.

Again, you could rebut me quite easily. So go ahead, please do. Tell
us your drag strip stories. Why do you think I WANT you to be an all
talk no action wannabe? I don't. I've written this many times now. I
would love for all your posturing to have some basis in fact. I would
love for you to be the man with the fleet of 12 second, or 10, 11, 13,
or 14 second musclecars. And I have no problem admitting to a false
conclusion or a mistake of fact. This is how we get to the truth, not
by pretending that no one ever had a false conclusion or a mistake of
fact.

I know these concepts are way over your head. So many years sitting
there at your Mac communicating only with cats or Thundersnakes -- who
are roughly equivalent in their willingness to challenge you -- has
completely atrophied whatever feeble mental powers you had back when
you dropped out of Cal State Northridge. But just take my word for it.
Rebut my conclusions, and I will admit the mistake.

180 Out
TS 2

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 21:01   #3 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
And Here We Go

In article <1112059296.310441.223880@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
<one80out@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The Holy Serpent wrote:
>
> > It's still no worse than what you do.

>
> Just like I said: idiot.
>
> > Example? Since you brought up the Olds, tell
> > me where I said that car was a full race effort, as you
> > claim? Don't snip this. And there will be more.

>
> Show me where I said that you said that it was a "full race effort."
> What I have been writing is that you put a purpose built 455 in your
> 4-4-2 and made it a "race-only" car, while a Courier mini-truck was
> your daily driver. Here's one relevant post:
>
> "What happened to me and several of my friends in the 'old days' is
> this: There would always come a point in building up our cars where any
> additional power would significantly reduce the daily driveability. One
> by one we bought separate cars for transportation use, and the
> build-ups continued on our musclecars. In 1978 I went from driving a
> 12.5 sec 455-powered Olds 4-4-2 (still got it) every day to a new 2.3
> Liter Ford Courier."


The Olds was purchased in late '76 with a bad 400. I took it home,
pulled the 400 and sold it, bought a 455 out of a wrecked '70 4-4-2,
had it machined, assembled it myself (I was 20), tossed in a fresh
Turbo 400 (I didn't build that) with a 10-inch converter and put it on
the street in early '77. It was my daily driver in this form *until* I
bought the Courier. It was never any faster than that. READ what you
quoted, the last line. Now READ what you wrote above, placing the Olds
as a race car WHILE I had the Courier.

Here is the elemental problem. You see but you don't comprehend.
Plus, you are ASSuming "facts" not in evidence. For someone who was
supposedly in the law game, you sure are deficient in analyzing things.

More about the Olds? You bet:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...mustang/browse
_thread/thread/b88dc7b3e7f86d41/a2d5ef4058c4ddb0?q=olds+group:rec.autos.
makers.ford.mustang+author:cobrajet&rnum=7#a2d5ef4058c4ddb0

>
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...g/msg/1b5ed740
> 06a5f217
> (Feb 13, 1998)
>
> So tell me now, why do I always answer your questions and you never
> answer any of mine? Because YOU'RE the liar and the chickenshit,
> that's why.
>
> > Never been down a dragstrip? OK, let's see
> > when the last time I really was down a dragstrip.
> > Google again in the BB group. Don't snip
> > this, 'cause I'll keep posting it.

>
> Why don't YOU Google the BB group, or better yet just type it? I've
> already typed what my evidence is:
>
> (1) The fact that you state the quarter mile times for your GT/CS or
> your 4-4-2 as a range of one or two tenths, suggests that you never
> actually took them to the strip. Instead, you beat somebody in a
> street race who HAD been to the strip and had run a 12.X. So you
> started bragging that your car was a 12.(X - 1) or 12.(X - 2).


I hate to explain this to you, but that method, used over and over,
actually gets pretty close to accurate. Argue it till you turn blue (I
know Patty will), but if you beat a guy that ran 13.0 in street trim at
the track, then you can safely ASSume that your car runs 13.0 or
better.
Think about it before you open your yap.

>
> (2) In the many posts of yours that I have read, you have never
> described a drag strip run.


Ah, but here we are again. You have claimed to have extracted my
doings via Google, but have yet again ****ed up by lying about shit you
have missed.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...rd-mercury/bro
wse_thread/thread/664ca32c36cfe96/a7bfdfc87be2cb2f?q=insubject:track+aut
hor:cobrajet&rnum=6#a7bfdfc87be2cb2f

>
> (3) In the many posts of yours that I have read, you have never been
> shy about describing in extreme detail just about every aspect of your
> pathetic meaningless life, particularly the automotive details.


And yet I left out working as a light-duty mechanic out of high
school, working at Sears automotive after that, and learning about race
engines *during* high school at an SCCA Mustang-prep shop, including
polishing and resizing several sets of Boss rods there. Did I mention I
dated the owner's daughter? Walked into the shop one evening, and there
she was, torquing down an intake. Love at first sight; I digress.

Did I mention that prior to the Olds, in '75, I bought a '67 Cyclone
GT hardtop? Yes, I know I did, because I mentioned a 150-mph speed run
with it on city streets. How on EARTH did you ever miss that car,
Willy?

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...mustang/browse
_thread/thread/9466b4b24c799e6b/acde29393193a83c?q=cyclone+group:rec.aut
os.makers.ford.mustang+author:cobrajet&rnum=20#acde29393193a83c

AND

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...mustang/browse
_thread/thread/5e05a0427062e11e/12b1b125d325ea80?q=cyclone+group:rec.aut
os.makers.ford.mustang+author:cobrajet&rnum=25#12b1b125d325ea80

BTW, I ran that Cyclone at the very last race (Wednesday Grudge
Night) at the old Irwindale Raceway, before it was scuttled.

Not only did I street race the Olds and the GT/CS, but also the
above Cyclone (sold in '78), the '67 Cyclone ragtop, the '70 Spoiler,
the '69 XR-7, both Fairlane Cobras, a 440 CHP Interceptor (see the sig
here; missed another one)...

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...mustang/browse
_thread/thread/bf5e486137cdeb8/8a684c746d6ac1d3?q=polara+group:rec.autos.
makers.ford.mustang+author:cobrajet&rnum=2#8a684c746d6ac1d3

...and even my '82 Suzuki cafe bike (straight line, against cars,
5-0).

>
> (4) As I just wrote to Carl, you could rebut me quite easily, but you
> never do.
>
> Put it all together and I conclude that you have never been down the
> strip.


You can't put it all together without all the facts. Google is not
my autobiography, you poor disillusioned soul.

>
> Again, you could rebut me quite easily. So go ahead, please do. Tell
> us your drag strip stories. Why do you think I WANT you to be an all
> talk no action wannabe? I don't. I've written this many times now. I
> would love for all your posturing to have some basis in fact. I would
> love for you to be the man with the fleet of 12 second, or 10, 11, 13,
> or 14 second musclecars. And I have no problem admitting to a false
> conclusion or a mistake of fact. This is how we get to the truth, not
> by pretending that no one ever had a false conclusion or a mistake of
> fact.


This whole thing escalated because you were defending Patrick's
honor, and his pathetic list of mechanical accomplishements. I continue
to laugh at this scenario, because it really does suck.

Why? Well, I started with tune-ups and belts and hoses and light
shit like that when I was 14 and 15. My first manifold swap was a
reseal on my mother's Cougar, when I swapped the autolite for a 2V
Holley. (Swapped the exhausts for HP289's, also). I was 16. My first
street race was in *that* car on the very first day my mother let me
take it out by myself. My first LAPD pursuit was in that car, too. I do
believe both scenarios have been related in the past. Anyway, my second
intake was the GT/CS, the third was on a friend's girlfriend's '69
Judge, the fourth was on another friend's dad's 454 Chevy pickup, and
the fifth was on a 390 Ford pickup. These and cam, carb, rear gear,
converter, shift kits, headers and god-only-knows what else on several
cars before I turned 18. The list goes on and on after that.

And while Patrick and his ilk were jacking off over the centerfold
in Foxstang Monthly, I was pulling those cars apart and mapping the
electronics for the alarm company database. I did that from '81 to '90,
on just about everything out there. All domestics and Japs, Porsche,
Ferrari, Jag, Mercedes, Lotus, BMW, DeLorean, Maserati, Fiat, VW. No
Lamborghinis, though. Bummer. I was flown around the country to give
installation seminars to other high-end installers. I was published
four times in retail magazines in the 80's. I wrote numerous tech
articles, including the first automated window rolling interfaces. I
deciphered the compu-based electronics in the XJ-6 and the BMW 750 and
850 series (and the M3). I've done advanced wiring for a custom Porsche
builder in L.A. and a street rod builder out here. Door locking
systems, release solenoids, linear actuators. Sheeeiit.

Remember the big propane-conversion program Arizona had just a few
years ago? Do you have any idea of the complexity of interfacing the
computers for those things with the OEM electronics? Of course you
don't. I was subcontracted to do those at $150 a pop, three a day.

There's way more than this, but you get the jist. Or do you? Yes,
Patrick *is* Bush Leaugue. So are you.

>
> I know these concepts are way over your head. So many years sitting
> there at your Mac communicating only with cats or Thundersnakes -- who


How is it I wound up with exactly the same number of cats as cars?
Synaptic misfire, again? And what was that early "bio" of yours putting
me in the "San Leandro Valley"? San Leandro is in the Castro Valley,
isn't it? Isn't that *your* area? Confusing my past with your present
there, Billy? Did you ever explain how it was you thought I was pulling
my truck's engine to put in the Torino? No, you sidestepped that
mistake. Of course, I own six 385 engines, so maybe you got confused.
Several times.

> are roughly equivalent in their willingness to challenge you -- has
> completely atrophied whatever feeble mental powers you had back when
> you dropped out of Cal State Northridge. But just take my word for it.
> Rebut my conclusions, and I will admit the mistake.


Oh, you won't admit a damn thing, but it's been fun going down
memory lane. So now, after years of working on thousands of other
peoples' cars, I get to settle into doing the stuff I've been
collecting forever. Pics? Oh yeah, they'll be in the BB group as I go.
Zero Day for me to start the "resto" hobby? May 27, 2006. Recognize
that day, Henley? Of course you do. Note that I do not consider the
race car or the truck restos; I'm working on those now.

So you and Patty be sure to watch my posts over there, and feel like
idiots for ever questioning my abilities. And for God's sake, you two
make up your minds about my magazines. He says I don't have them, and
you say my experience comes from them only. Shit, if I have no
practical experience and no reference material, just where the hell do
I come up with the stuff? Hmm.

>
> 180 Out
> TS 2
>


Gee, didn't you say you weren't a TS anymore? Sure you did, earlier
today. LOL!

--
CobraJet
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 17:01   #4 (permalink)
one80out@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And Here We Go

CobraJet wrote:
..
> The Olds was purchased in late '76
> with a bad 400. I took it home,
> pulled the 400 and sold it,
> bought a 455 out of a wrecked '70 4-4-2,
> had it machined, assembled it myself
> I was 20). . . . It was never any faster
> than that.

..
Right, mid to high 12's, according to the "street" system of
comparisons to a "known" car. No drag strip runs, and not very quick
for a hot-rodded 455.
..
> Here is the elemental problem.
> You see but you don't comprehend.
> Plus, you are ASSuming "facts"
> not in evidence.

..
When I make assumptions I point them out. When I draw conclusions based
on circumstantial evidence I point them out. When I quote directly
from your own words, I point that out too. So the only "elemental
problem" I can see is your own dim-witted failure to grasp these simple
concepts.
>
> More about the Olds? You bet:
>
>

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...mustang/browse
>

_thread/thread/b88dc7b3e7f86d41/a2d5ef4058c4ddb0?q=olds+group:rec.autos.
> makers.ford.mustang+author:cobrajet&rnum=7#a2d5ef4058c4ddb0


I can't make the link work.

> > I've already typed what my evidence is:
> >
> > (1) The fact that you state the
> > quarter mile times for your GT/CS or
> > your 4-4-2 as a range of one or two
> > tenths, suggests that you never
> > actually took them to the strip.
> > Instead, you beat somebody in a
> > street race who HAD been to the
> > strip and had run a 12.X. So you
> > started bragging that your car was
> > a 12.(X - 1) or 12.(X - 2).

>
> I hate to explain this to you, but
> that method, used over and over,
> actually gets pretty close to accurate.
> Argue it till you turn blue (I
> know Patty will), but if you beat
> a guy that ran 13.0 in street trim at
> the track, then you can safely ASSume
> that your car runs 13.0 or better.
> Think about it before you open your yap.


I thought about it. Now I'm opening my yap, and what the yap is saying
is that there are too many variables at play and differences between a
street race and a drag strip race to make the comparison more than a
rough estimate. Anyway, the point is not the validity of the
guesstimate method. The point is that I was right to conclude that you
were using the guesstimate method, and that your reliance on
guesstimates instead of precise E.T.'s was good evidence that you had
never taken the "13.3 - 13.2" GT/CS or the "15.7 - 15.5" 4-4-2 down a
race track. Thanks for the verification.
> >
> > (2) In the many posts of yours
> > that I have read, you have never
> > described a drag strip run.

>
> Ah, but here we are again.
> You have claimed to have extracted my
> doings via Google, but have yet again
> ****ed up by lying about shit you
> have missed.

..
Ah, but here we are again. That is, once again I need a map to navigate
your tortured mental processes. How can I lie about things that I
never saw? If I claimed to have read all 13,000 of your BS posts, I
might be guilty of a biased selection. But I never claimed that. All
I ever claimed was that I did a few searches on a few key words, and
that I drew logical conclusions based on what I found. I have
repeatedly asked you to correct me if my conclusions are mistaken. The
only one who's ****ed up and lying is you.

So what exactly is it that you have posted about your on-track
exploits? Let's check your link:
>
>

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...rd-mercury/bro
>

wse_thread/thread/664ca32c36cfe96/a7bfdfc87be2cb2f?q=insubject:track+aut
> hor:cobrajet&rnum=6#a7bfdfc87be2cb2f

..
"First run was a 17.155 at 80.90. Second run . . . 16.93 at 80.55. . .
.. All runs trapped at 80.xx. 60-foots are in the 2.5-second range.
Ambient air was in the 80's. Best time was 16.83."
..
Woo-hoo. Low 17's, high 16's? Stand back, John Force. So this is
your only strip experience in the past 20 years? I don't think that
puts you a whole lot ahead of me, with none.
> >
> > (3) In the many posts of yours
> > that I have read, you have never been
> > shy about describing in extreme detail
> > just about every aspect of your
> > pathetic meaningless life, particularly
> > the automotive details.

>
> And yet I left out working as a
> light-duty mechanic out of high
> school, working at Sears automotive
> after that, and learning about race
> engines *during* high school at an
> SCCA Mustang-prep shop, including
> polishing and resizing several sets
> of Boss rods there. Did I mention I
> dated the owner's daughter? Walked
> into the shop one evening, and there
> she was, torquing down an intake.
> Love at first sight; I digress.


So with high school graduation in Spring 1974, we're talking 1973-1975?
This experience is news to me, and it's interesting and impressive, but
it's still 30 years in the past. And you were still the 17-year-old
dweeb who chose a 289-2v blinged-out Mustang over a 383 Road Runner, or
saving a few hundred more for a Cobra Jet Stang.
>
> Did I mention that prior to the Olds,
> in '75, I bought a '67 Cyclone
> GT hardtop? Yes, I know I did,
> because I mentioned a 150-mph speed run
> with it on city streets. How on
> EARTH did you ever miss that car,
> Willy?

..
Think about it for just a minute, Limpie, and I'm sure you can figure
it out, how on EARTH I missed your mention of a 150 mph run in 1975. To
help you out, here's a clue: one post out of 13,000. So here's your
link:
>
>

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...mustang/browse
>

_thread/thread/9466b4b24c799e6b/acde29393193a83c?q=cyclone+group:rec.aut
> os.makers.ford.mustang+author:cobrajet&rnum=20#acde29393193a83c


In this post (dated April 2000, before I even started reading RAMFM),
you wrote this much about this car:

"But does it really matter to you what kind of speed they got out of
their cars? Isn't your own all that matters? If I told you my old
410-6V Cyclone could do 150, would you argue? Should you care?"

Here's your second, and evidently last, post about this car, dated
October 1999:

>

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...mustang/browse
>

_thread/thread/5e05a0427062e11e/12b1b125d325ea80?q=cyclone+group:rec.aut
> os.makers.ford.mustang+author:cobrajet&rnum=25#12b1b125d325ea80


In this post you wrote this much:

" Same story with the '67 Cyclone GT 390 hardtop I had in '76. I
bought it with the stock carb on it. After a cam change, I obtained a
406 3-2V complete intake setup. Holy cfm, Batman! What a huge
difference! At 40-45 mph, I could bury the gas pedal, the C6 would drop
into first and smoke the tires, bang second, and I was gone."
..
OK, take it Limpie, you're on. How on EARTH could I have missed these
two posts?

Anyway, dropping the flame crap for a moment, now have brought you all
the way forward in time to 1976, i.e., 28-29 years ago. Yes, I was not
aware that you street drove this car. Yes, you performed a couple easy
bolt-on upgrades. So you get credit for that much. But 29 years ago is
a long, long time ago.
>
> BTW, I ran that Cyclone at the
> very last race (Wednesday Grudge
> Night) at the old Irwindale Raceway,
> before it was scuttled.
>

"In 1976 the city of Irwindale leased the property to Miller Brewing
Company for one dollar a year to build a brewery." (
http://www.socalxrs.com/tracks.htm ).
..
So we're still stuck at 28-29 years ago.
>
> Not only did I street race the Olds
> and the GT/CS, but also the
> above Cyclone (sold in '78),
> the '67 Cyclone ragtop, the '70 Spoiler,
> the '69 XR-7, both Fairlane Cobras,
> a 440 CHP Interceptor (see the sig
> here; missed another one)...
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/
> rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang/browse
> _thread/thread/bf5e486137cdeb8/
> 8a684c746d6ac1d3?q=polara+group:rec.autos.
> makers.ford.mustang+author:cobrajet&rnum=
> 2#8a684c746d6ac1d3


The linked post, from October 1999, has the following extensive
commentary on the cop car:

"CobraJet
"Former Owner, '68 CHP Polara 440 Pursuit Special."

So yeah, I missed that one too. And what is the point of pulling up
these old posts anyway? The Snakes think it's puerile (childish) when
you do that.

But anyway, we've got a 13-second '68 GT/CS, a high 12's 4-4-2, a 410
Cyclone (a low 15, high 14 second car?), three Cobra Jet cars (low
14's, high 13's?), a 429 Cyclone (14's?), and an ex-cop Polara (high
15's?). Not a real impressive group, but more than I was aware of. I
knew of only two that were actually used as drivers, and the correct
total was eight. I was mistaken.

But we're still stuck in the '70's -- 25 years ago?
>
> ...and even my '82 Suzuki cafe
> bike (straight line, against cars,
> 5-0).
>

Well congrats on that.
> >
> > (4) As I just wrote to Carl, you
> > could rebut me quite easily, but you
> > never do.
> >
> > Put it all together and I conclude
> > that you have never been down the
> > strip.

>
> You can't put it all together without
> all the facts. Google is not
> my autobiography, you poor
> disillusioned soul.


Pardon me, genius, but I don't think the word "disillusioned" applies.
It's embarassing when half-wits try to sound eloquent by misusing "big"
words.
>
> > Again, you could rebut me quite easily.
> > So go ahead, please do. Tell
> > us your drag strip stories.


So that's it? A last-night-at-Irwindale run with a 14-15 second 410
Cyclone in 1976, and a run last September run with a 16-17 second car.
Well, you have indeed rebutted my conclusion that you have never run a
drag strip lap. My conclusion was wrong and I admit the error.

> This whole thing escalated because
> you were defending Patrick's
> honor, and his pathetic list of
> mechanical accomplishements.


That's not true. I stated that, within recent memory, Patrick has been
the "been-there-done-that" guy and you have been the do-nothing. I
never wrote a word about his "mechanical accomplishments." The
reference was to actually driving and racing a car. The statement
stands. Nothing you have written in this windy post of yours has
refuted it.
>
> I continue
> to laugh at this scenario, because
> it really does suck.
>

You need to get a new sense of humor, because the one you have really
does suck. You are much too easily amused.
>
> Why? Well, I started with tune-ups
> and belts and hoses and light
> shit like that when I was 14 and 15.


1970-1971.

> My first manifold swap was a
> reseal on my mother's Cougar,
> when I swapped the autolite for a 2V
> Holley. (Swapped the exhausts for
> HP289's, also). I was 16. My first
> street race was in *that* car
> on the very first day my mother let me
> take it out by myself.


1972-1973.

> The fifth [intake swap] was on a 390
> Ford pickup. These and cam, carb, rear gear,
> converter, shift kits, headers and god-only-
> knows what else on several
> cars before I turned 18.


1973-1974.

That's some impressive stuff, and we know you also dropped a
replacement 289 into the GT/CS and the "built" 455 into the 4-4-2. But
this still only takes us up to the 1976 Olds engine swap. That's 28
years ago.

> And while Patrick and his ilk were
> jacking off over the centerfold
> in Foxstang Monthly, I was pulling
> those cars apart and mapping the
> electronics for the alarm company database.
> I did that from '81 to '90,
> on just about everything out there.
> All domestics and Japs, Porsche,
> Ferrari, Jag, Mercedes, Lotus, BMW,
> DeLorean, Maserati, Fiat, VW. No
> Lamborghinis, though. Bummer. I was
> flown around the country to give
> installation seminars to other
> high-end installers. I was published
> four times in retail magazines in the 80's.
> I wrote numerous tech
> articles, including the first automated
> window rolling interfaces. I
> deciphered the compu-based electronics
> in the XJ-6 and the BMW 750 and
> 850 series (and the M3). I've done
> advanced wiring for a custom Porsche
> builder in L.A. and a street rod builder
> out here. Door locking
> systems, release solenoids, linear
> actuators. Sheeeiit.


1981-1990. Impressive stuff. But what does being an expert on car
alarms between 14 to 24 years ago have to do with the fact that (1)
you're not nearly the hands-on hot rod dude you claim to be and (2)
you're letting 20+ cool old cars rot and won't sell them and won't work
on them?
>
> Remember the big propane-conversion
> program Arizona had just a few
> years ago? Do you have any idea
> of the complexity of interfacing the
> computers for those things with the
> OEM electronics? Of course you
> don't. I was subcontracted to do
> those at $150 a pop, three a day.
>

Ahh, so you DID have to report some income, didn't you? That must have
hurt.
>
> There's way more than this, but you
> get the jist. Or do you? Yes,
> Patrick *is* Bush Leaugue. So are you.
>

Well, I'd never argue that I was anything but bush when it comes to car
repairs. I mean, I dive in and I get it done (and done right, if I may
say so myself), but I'll never be confused with a professional
mechanic.

The thing is, neither will you. Sure, car alarm installs, you were a
national expert 15-25 years ago. But that was not exactly the point of
this flame fest, now was it? The point is that, for at least 10 years,
maybe 20, you have been nothing but a blowhard do-nothing with respect
to the old iron.
>
> Did you ever explain how it was
> you thought I was pulling
> my truck's engine to put in the Torino?
> No, you sidestepped that
> mistake.


I couldn't have sidestepped it if I did not know of it. Now I know. I
was mistaken. BFD.

> Oh, you won't admit a damn thing,


Not true. I admit that your '70's experiences were more extensive than
I had thought, by a factor of about 3 or 4. Instead of street-driving
only 2 mid-pack cars, you street drove three or four mid-pack cars and
three or four back-markers/jokes. You also went to the strip only once
"in the day," and once more last September, and are still waiting to
join even the 13 second club.

> but it's been fun going down
> memory lane.


It has been. I appreciate the effort.

> So now, after years of working
> on thousands of other
> peoples' cars, I get to settle
> into doing the stuff I've been
> collecting forever. Pics? Oh yeah,
> they'll be in the BB group as I go.
> Zero Day for me to start the "resto"
> hobby? May 27, 2006.


Let's just say we'll believe it when we see it. One recurring theme in
your posts over the years is your big plans, that you never execute. I
remember a mention of a Falcon open track car and some other car that
you were going to turn into a bracket racer. You were going to turn
the 4-4-2 into a Hurst Olds clone. You were going to build a big car
shelter or a big garage. Lots and lots of plans.

I think you have no idea what it's going to take to bring those cars
back, in terms of time and money. (I'M still laughing at your claim
that 30 cars left out in the rain and sun for years and years have only
three rust spots between them. You are in for a VERY big surprise when
you get down to work.) You're never going to get it done, and
particularly if you keep putting it off to that "someday" a year out.

> Just where the hell do
> I come up with the stuff? Hmm.


Hmm.

180 Out
TS 2

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 17:01   #5 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And Here We Go

In article <1112141902.961741.56100@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<one80out@hotmail.com> wrote:

> CobraJet wrote:
> .


LOL! You really are a piece of work. I said you wouldn't admit a
thing and there ya go. What a ****ing loser. But, at least anyone else
that bothered to read it got the idea, cause anyone else is nowhere
near as stupid as you are.

--
CobraJet
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 17:01   #6 (permalink)
one80out@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And Here We Go

Limp Rick wrote:

> LOL! You really are a piece of work.
> I said you wouldn't admit a
> thing and there ya go. What a
> ****ing loser. But, at least anyone else
> that bothered to read it got the idea,
> cause anyone else is nowhere
> near as stupid as you are.


That is as strange and incoherent a piece of nonsense as you have ever
written, Limp Rick. I see the phrases "I admit the error," "I did not
know," "that's impressive," etc., over and over in my post. It's pretty
transparent what you're trying to do, you're saying to the Snakes,
"Don't bother reading, I won."

That's fine. Anyone "near stupid" enough to fall for that weak effort
is someone who's opinion is worthless anyway.

The bottom line is that everthing you have written in your hundreds of
words agrees with what I have been saying, that you've had little to no
hands-on involvement with the old iron for 10 or 20 years, and that
you're letting 20+ cool old cars rot and won't work on them and won't
sell them. If I've missed something or if you want to add something,
feel free. But otherwise that's how we'll have to leave it.

180 Out
TS 2

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 18:02   #7 (permalink)
one80out@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And Here We Go

Limp Rick wrote:

> LOL! You really are a piece of work.
> I said you wouldn't admit a
> thing and there ya go. What a
> ****ing loser. But, at least anyone else
> that bothered to read it got the idea,
> cause anyone else is nowhere
> near as stupid as you are.


That is as strange and incoherent a piece of nonsense as you have ever
written, Limp Rick. I see the phrases "I admit the error," "I did not
know," "that's impressive," etc., over and over in my post. It's pretty
transparent what you're trying to do, you're saying to the Snakes,
"Don't bother reading, I won."

That's fine. Anyone "near stupid" enough to fall for that weak effort
is someone who's opinion is worthless anyway.

The bottom line is that everthing you have written in your hundreds of
words agrees with what I have been saying, that you've had little to no
hands-on involvement with the old iron for 10 or 20 years, and that
you're letting 20+ cool old cars rot and won't work on them and won't
sell them. If I've missed something or if you want to add something,
feel free. But otherwise that's how we'll have to leave it.

180 Out
TS 2

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 18:02   #8 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And Here We Go

In article <1112143821.650463.321060@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<one80out@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Limp Rick wrote:
>
> > LOL! You really are a piece of work.
> > I said you wouldn't admit a
> > thing and there ya go. What a
> > ****ing loser. But, at least anyone else
> > that bothered to read it got the idea,
> > cause anyone else is nowhere
> > near as stupid as you are.

>
> That is as strange and incoherent a piece of nonsense as you have ever
> written, Limp Rick. I see the phrases "I admit the error," "I did not
> know," "that's impressive," etc., over and over in my post. It's pretty
> transparent what you're trying to do, you're saying to the Snakes,
> "Don't bother reading, I won."
>
> That's fine. Anyone "near stupid" enough to fall for that weak effort
> is someone who's opinion is worthless anyway.
>
> The bottom line is that everthing you have written in your hundreds of
> words agrees with what I have been saying, that you've had little to no
> hands-on involvement with the old iron for 10 or 20 years, and that
> you're letting 20+ cool old cars rot and won't work on them and won't
> sell them. If I've missed something or if you want to add something,
> feel free. But otherwise that's how we'll have to leave it.


You've done nothing but piss off several people in both groups with
your high-brow crap, and meanwhile nobody has said to *me*, "Gee CJ
you're such a phony and I'm so offended by your existence that I cannot
stomach reading your posts anymore."

Hey, go celebrate your "victory". LOL!

>
> 180 Out
> TS 2
>


--
ThunderSnake #1
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 19:01   #9 (permalink)
one80out@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And Here We Go

Limp Rick wrote

> You've done nothing


Not true.

> but piss off several
> people in both groups with your high-
> brow crap,


It's too bad that there are people who are irritated by plain speaking
using logic and simple English words and who scoff at it as
"high-brow." I can't think of anyone in either of these two groups who
fits that description other than you, but if there are more and if they
are irritated then I'm flattered. Their opinions are worthless.

Hey, and aren't you the guy who doesn't care what others think? It's
map time again, Limpie.

> and meanwhile nobody has
> said to *me*, "Gee CJ you're such a
> phony and I'm so offended by your
> existence that I cannot
> stomach reading your posts anymore."


Really. It seems like I saw several such comments.  And why do you
mention it, since you don't care about public opinion?

> Hey, go celebrate your "victory". LOL!


Oh, this was only the bottom of the first. There's lots more fun
ahead.

180 Out
TS 2

And the scoreboard keeps spinning like the odo on a classic V-8 car
cruisin' down the highway.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 19:01   #10 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: And Here We Go

In article <1112147668.408218.11540@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
<one80out@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Limp Rick wrote
>
> > You've done nothing

>
> Not true.
>
> > but piss off several
> > people in both groups with your high-
> > brow crap,

>
> It's too bad that there are people who are irritated by plain speaking
> using logic and simple English words and who scoff at it as
> "high-brow." I can't think of anyone in either of these two groups who
> fits that description other than you, but if there are more and if they
> are irritated then I'm flattered. Their opinions are worthless.
>
> Hey, and aren't you the guy who doesn't care what others think? It's
> map time again, Limpie.
>
> > and meanwhile nobody has
> > said to *me*, "Gee CJ you're such a
> > phony and I'm so offended by your
> > existence that I cannot
> > stomach reading your posts anymore."

>
> Really. It seems like I saw several such comments.  And why do you
> mention it, since you don't care about public opinion?
>
> > Hey, go celebrate your "victory". LOL!

>
> Oh, this was only the bottom of the first. There's lots more fun
> ahead.


<snore>

>
> 180 Out
> TS 2
>
> And the scoreboard keeps spinning like the odo on a classic V-8 car
> cruisin' down the highway.
>


--
ThunderSnake #1
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:48.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.