Re: Smoking like cell phones?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2005, 00:13   #1 (permalink)
lab~rat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Smoking like cell phones??

On Sat, 14 May 2005 01:46:49 GMT, "Jim Warman"
<mechanic@tenalpsulet.net> puked:

>Richie... it's my f*cking "car" and that let's me do all sorts of things in
>it. I've been known to fart without pulling to the side of the road an
>exiting the vehicle. As a smoker, I've entered cars that smell like rotten
>diapers, the local 7/11 and Gawd knows what else.....



Cool, but when you smoke, could you roll up your windows and dispose
of the cig in the freaking ashtray? As the driver of a droptop, I'm
sick and freaking tired of the addicted portion of our population
flinging ashes into my car, or worse, flipping a lit butt out the
window while I'm driving behind ya.

Hey, smoke all your want, that tax money is better to come from your
cigarette purchase than my paycheck, but don't interfere with my life
while you're doing it.

I'm sure you don't have a problem with that, right?
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-14-2005, 00:13   #2 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Smoking like cell phones??

Perhaps you have watched the evening news during the summer months and
noted the MAJOR fires which sweep through various regions of the
country (California, Florida, Yellowstone National Park, etc)...
costing people their homes, lives, and the lives of the firefighters
who battle those blazes. It would be appreciated if smokers used the
ash tray, a soda can, or whatever.

All it takes is one butt tossed out to erase everything people
cherish. Homes can be replaced, as can furniture, etc. But you can't
replace a child's drawing from the third grade, souvenirs from
countries around the world, yearbooks and diplomas, and other items of
personal and special meaning.

I don't care if you smoke; I used to years ago; but please consider
what can happen by carelessly tossing that smoke, or flicking that
ash. If you must persist, then go slow enough that everyone can follow
you home to turn your residence into a BBQ so you will know first hand
what loss is like.

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:04:00 GMT, lab~rat <chase@cheese.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:09:15 -0400, "dwight" <tfrog93@GEEmail.com>
>puked:
>
>>"lab~rat" <chase@cheese.net> wrote in message
>>news:n95p91hfk4psr7h06qm6glf0jal9la91rp@4ax.com...
>>>
>>> Cool, but when you smoke, could you roll up your windows and dispose
>>> of the cig in the freaking ashtray? As the driver of a droptop, I'm
>>> sick and freaking tired of the addicted portion of our population
>>> flinging ashes into my car, or worse, flipping a lit butt out the
>>> window while I'm driving behind ya.

>>
>>Stop tailgating.

>
>
>Drive faster!


Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:13   #3 (permalink)
razz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Smoking like cell phones??

What's worse then a non smoker?...............................A hypocrital
ex smoker.
"Spike" <jma@snowcrest.net> wrote in message
news:944s919unphfljbf715r77j8ogdmm87ecp@4ax.com...
> Perhaps you have watched the evening news during the summer months and
> noted the MAJOR fires which sweep through various regions of the
> country (California, Florida, Yellowstone National Park, etc)...
> costing people their homes, lives, and the lives of the firefighters
> who battle those blazes. It would be appreciated if smokers used the
> ash tray, a soda can, or whatever.
>
> All it takes is one butt tossed out to erase everything people
> cherish. Homes can be replaced, as can furniture, etc. But you can't
> replace a child's drawing from the third grade, souvenirs from
> countries around the world, yearbooks and diplomas, and other items of
> personal and special meaning.
>
> I don't care if you smoke; I used to years ago; but please consider
> what can happen by carelessly tossing that smoke, or flicking that
> ash. If you must persist, then go slow enough that everyone can follow
> you home to turn your residence into a BBQ so you will know first hand
> what loss is like.
>
> On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:04:00 GMT, lab~rat <chase@cheese.net> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:09:15 -0400, "dwight" <tfrog93@GEEmail.com>
> >puked:
> >
> >>"lab~rat" <chase@cheese.net> wrote in message
> >>news:n95p91hfk4psr7h06qm6glf0jal9la91rp@4ax.com...
> >>>
> >>> Cool, but when you smoke, could you roll up your windows and dispose
> >>> of the cig in the freaking ashtray? As the driver of a droptop, I'm
> >>> sick and freaking tired of the addicted portion of our population
> >>> flinging ashes into my car, or worse, flipping a lit butt out the
> >>> window while I'm driving behind ya.
> >>
> >>Stop tailgating.

> >
> >
> >Drive faster!

>
> Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
> 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
> Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
> Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
> w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #4 (permalink)
ZombyWoof
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Smoking like cell phones??

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:55:35 -0700, Spike <jma@snowcrest.net> wrote
something wonderfully witty:

>Did I miss something? At no point do I condemn someone for smoking,
>even though I quit. I condemn those who toss a butt, which may even
>appear to be totally dead, out the window without a thought to the end
>result. At the time I quit, I was still "field stripping" them. I
>always used the ashtray, or a soda can or whatever was available. It's
>simply a matter of common sense and respect for others and the
>environment. If that's hypocritical, it would be appreciated if you
>would explain how. Not everyone who quits goes overboard about it. The
>fire aspect was brought home a few years ago when a lifetime of my
>mothers accumulations from her children growing up, to her world
>travels, were wiped out by someone who gave no consideration to the
>end result of their actions. She and many of her neighbors lost their
>homes. Fortunately, the culprit was identified by another motorist.
>Unfortunately, not in time to prevent the winds from creating a
>firestorm.
>

There are an awful lot of smokers who have absolutely no idea what
field striping a cigarette is, let alone how to do it. You must 've
been in the Military at some time.
--
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

The Marquis de Sade
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:14   #5 (permalink)
lab~rat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Smoking like cell phones??

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:55:35 -0700, Spike <jma@snowcrest.net> puked:

>Fortunately, the culprit was identified by another motorist.
>Unfortunately, not in time to prevent the winds from creating a
>firestorm.


That's amazing. I see so many people doing it I could never tag an
individual.

Oh, and if someone is flicking ashes into my car at a stop light, I
generally crank my radio up as high as I can. That usually aggravates
the hell out of them because most of the time I listen to talk radio.

The bastids...
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:16   #6 (permalink)
lab~rat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Smoking like cell phones??

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:07:34 -0400, "dwight" <tfrog93@GEEmail.com>
puked:

>"lab~rat" <chase@cheese.net> wrote in message
>news:85gr91ta3hrmhlrpu3s0qehot1ij4u8q0n@4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:09:15 -0400, "dwight" <tfrog93@GEEmail.com>
>> puked:
>>
>>>"lab~rat" <chase@cheese.net> wrote in message
>>>news:n95p91hfk4psr7h06qm6glf0jal9la91rp@4ax.com...
>>>>
>>>> Cool, but when you smoke, could you roll up your windows and dispose
>>>> of the cig in the freaking ashtray? As the driver of a droptop, I'm
>>>> sick and freaking tired of the addicted portion of our population
>>>> flinging ashes into my car, or worse, flipping a lit butt out the
>>>> window while I'm driving behind ya.
>>>
>>>Stop tailgating.

>>
>> Drive faster!

>
>Impossible. The only time you'd be able to tailgate ME is when I'm behind
>someone else.
>
>But if you're truly worried about butt-flippers, there's always a telltale
>cloud of smoke coming from their driver's side window. When you see that,
>back off.



....or pass.
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 00:17   #7 (permalink)
dwight
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Smoking like cell phones??

"lab~rat" <chase@cheese.net> wrote in message
news:t6nu915d7s4g71eg1pvujfuf5qbnqlhf7n@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:07:34 -0400, "dwight" <tfrog93@GEEmail.com>
> puked:
>
>>"lab~rat" <chase@cheese.net> wrote in message
>>news:85gr91ta3hrmhlrpu3s0qehot1ij4u8q0n@4ax.com...
>>> On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:09:15 -0400, "dwight" <tfrog93@GEEmail.com>
>>> puked:
>>>
>>>>"lab~rat" <chase@cheese.net> wrote in message
>>>>news:n95p91hfk4psr7h06qm6glf0jal9la91rp@4ax.com...
>>>>>
>>>>> Cool, but when you smoke, could you roll up your windows and dispose
>>>>> of the cig in the freaking ashtray? As the driver of a droptop, I'm
>>>>> sick and freaking tired of the addicted portion of our population
>>>>> flinging ashes into my car, or worse, flipping a lit butt out the
>>>>> window while I'm driving behind ya.
>>>>
>>>>Stop tailgating.
>>>
>>> Drive faster!

>>
>>Impossible. The only time you'd be able to tailgate ME is when I'm behind
>>someone else.
>>
>>But if you're truly worried about butt-flippers, there's always a telltale
>>cloud of smoke coming from their driver's side window. When you see that,
>>back off.

>
>
> ...or pass.
> --
> lab~rat >:-)
> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?


There's always those super-duper water pistols...

dwight


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:59.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.