same 94 mustang new problem( V6) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2005, 22:01   #1 (permalink)
riley41
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
same 94 mustang new problem( V6)

Had mechanic do a complete tune up.
Now there is gasoline dripping from exhaust pipe,
He thinks it needs new computer because his diagnostic machine doesn't
pick up any problems.
Now what? Can you suggest any other things it could be?

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2005, 05:01   #2 (permalink)
Joe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: same 94 mustang new problem( V6)

"riley41" <p_steward59@msn.com> wrote in
news:30b9919aba91ca4c9b53362add46b0bf@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

> Had mechanic do a complete tune up.
> Now there is gasoline dripping from exhaust pipe,
> He thinks it needs new computer because his diagnostic machine

doesn't
> pick up any problems.
> Now what? Can you suggest any other things it could be?


The mechanic. Car goes in for service, comes out worse. Take it to
someplace reputable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:01   #3 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: same 94 mustang new problem( V6)

"riley41" <p_steward59@msn.com> wrote in
news:30b9919aba91ca4c9b53362add46b0bf@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

> Had mechanic do a complete tune up.
> Now there is gasoline dripping from exhaust pipe,
> He thinks it needs new computer because his diagnostic machine doesn't
> pick up any problems.
> Now what? Can you suggest any other things it could be?
>


I cant really believe that... you say there's a strong smell of fuel. That
would CERTAINLY show at the O2 sensors.


Like joe said.. your mech is a little slow. If he had anything on the ball
he would, for instance, disconnect the MAF to see if it set a code.

Or disconnect the O2's for that matter.

Did he check Fuel Pressure Regulator?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:01   #4 (permalink)
riley41
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: same 94 mustang new problem( V6)

Thanks I tell him all this stuff.I do know he said the fuel pressure tested
out fine.
P.S.Slow...yeah he has had it for four days...turtle could've done it
faster.
T

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:01   #5 (permalink)
riley41
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: same 94 mustang new problem( V6)

Thanks yes slow isn't the word for it. I will pass all this info on.

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:57.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.