Two kinds of idiots - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2005, 21:01   #1 (permalink)
RichA
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Two kinds of idiots

The kind who will NEVER realize that merging on a highway
isn't like moving away from a traffic light and who think
40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.
The other kind seem to think it's "impressive" to do that
thing with their car alarm or door closer that makes the
thing squake, or chirp, or honk a few times.
You don't impress ANYONE with that.
-Rich
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-17-2005, 22:01   #2 (permalink)
omarsimms25793@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Two kinds of idiots

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:05:12 -0400, RichA <none@none.com> wrote:

>The kind who will NEVER realize that merging on a highway
>isn't like moving away from a traffic light and who think
>40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.
>The other kind seem to think it's "impressive" to do that
>thing with their car alarm or door closer that makes the
>thing squake, or chirp, or honk a few times.
>You don't impress ANYONE with that.
>-Rich



what about the idiots in mustangs?


hurc ast
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 23:01   #3 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Two kinds of idiots

No problem... sorry, you are not allowed in my Mustang. I am not a
bigot... I just hate all stupid people like you.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 03:14:52 GMT, omarsimms25793@hotmail.com wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:05:12 -0400, RichA <none@none.com> wrote:
>
>>The kind who will NEVER realize that merging on a highway
>>isn't like moving away from a traffic light and who think
>>40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.
>>The other kind seem to think it's "impressive" to do that
>>thing with their car alarm or door closer that makes the
>>thing squake, or chirp, or honk a few times.
>>You don't impress ANYONE with that.
>>-Rich

>
>
>what about the idiots in mustangs?
>
>
>hurc ast


Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:01   #4 (permalink)
SVTKate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Two kinds of idiots

Yea, you may be right about the alarm thing BUT
It's cool as hell when some sticky fingered little brat is about to paw
print your stang and you hit the horn button and scare the shit out of him
Or they are fiddling with a shopping cart that's dangerously close to
dinging your car
Or when some dope is about to door ding you getting in or out of their car
and you wake them up with a quick tap on the button.

Hubs and I do it to each other sometimes as a joke... no is trying to
inpress anyone. But it makes both of us laugh when we make the other one
jump.
He gets me more often than I get him.

So my question Rich is:
Who did what to make you angry?

As far as those that go onto freeways slowly... I agree completely.
I've seen allot of near misses because of that.

Kate
"Beep-Beep!!"


"RichA" <none@none.com> wrote in message
news:ta56615sat0r77lgjrsnqv07js186232ua@4ax.com...
| The kind who will NEVER realize that merging on a highway
| isn't like moving away from a traffic light and who think
| 40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.
| The other kind seem to think it's "impressive" to do that
| thing with their car alarm or door closer that makes the
| thing squake, or chirp, or honk a few times.
| You don't impress ANYONE with that.
| -Rich


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:01   #5 (permalink)
NoOne
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Omar troll

Its really sad to see someone like you who aparently has no life
whatsoever and who's only thrill is to act like a juvinile dick online.
You obviouly cant contribute anything of substance here and probably
know just enough about cars to be dangerous.

I hate to feed the trolls like you, but do feel the need to point you in
the
direction of counseling or to simply to GET A LIFE. No one likes you
here, you probably have no friends, have small penis issues and your
only date is your right hand. As a general rule, people like you who only
make the same old tired stupid comments and try to ACT like they are
an "in the know" certified tech, dont have a clue and you most likely are
the wash boy at a used car lot.

Now go drive your Pacer around... keep playing on your mommie's PC
and dream of owning Mustang.

* I'm sure you will have some real witty come back, something like;

"lmfao....... bla...bla...bla"
( insert snappy 12 year )
( old comment here )
hurc ast
(Assistant Soap Tech)



<omarsimms25793@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:5a9661lmm2jnb9iqugkbh6348pcu5k7jc4@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:05:12 -0400, RichA <none@none.com> wrote:
>
>
> what about the idiots in mustangs?
>
>
> hurc ast



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 12:02   #6 (permalink)
Brent P
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Two kinds of idiots

In article <ta56615sat0r77lgjrsnqv07js186232ua@4ax.com>, RichA wrote:

> who think
> 40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.


On a limited access highway where lane discipline is practiced, a wide
speed variance is easy and safely delt with. Only in the USA is this a
problem, because lane discipline is practically non-existant in much of
the nation.

Lane discipline is why a 911 and 2CV can be on the autobahn at the same
time.

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 14:01   #7 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Two kinds of idiots

It's true, what you say, and yet, at the same time, it is a HUGE
oversimplification.

The Autobahn has drivers everyday who risk heavy fines by not
complying with lane discipline, and there are plenty of MAJOR
accidents, and scores of citations which bear this out.

Second, you fail to take into account the broad spectrum of traffic
flow patterns; ranging from dense metro traffic to sparse rural
traffic. You fail to take into account that each requires a totally
different approach to driving. What works in the city does not work in
the country, and vice versa. You fail to take into account the
composition of the drivers; young, old, experience, new, etc.
And you fail to note that the Autobahn is not without speed limits
imposed as it approaches metropolitan zones. That 911 must slow down
and comply with everyone else.

Twenty years of law enforcement has shown me that there is a wide
range of reasons for accidents. Lane discipline is only one factor.




On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:57:39 -0500, tetraethylleadREMOVETHIS@yahoo.com
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article <ta56615sat0r77lgjrsnqv07js186232ua@4ax.com>, RichA wrote:
>
>> who think
>> 40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.

>
>On a limited access highway where lane discipline is practiced, a wide
>speed variance is easy and safely delt with. Only in the USA is this a
>problem, because lane discipline is practically non-existant in much of
>the nation.
>
>Lane discipline is why a 911 and 2CV can be on the autobahn at the same
>time.


Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 14:01   #8 (permalink)
Brent P
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Two kinds of idiots

In article <njv761tqk6mqtgjqiklemi2tvhor1rpgo0@4ax.com>, Spike wrote:
> It's true, what you say, and yet, at the same time, it is a HUGE
> oversimplification.


No, it's not. lane discipline is very simple.

> The Autobahn has drivers everyday who risk heavy fines by not
> complying with lane discipline, and there are plenty of MAJOR
> accidents, and scores of citations which bear this out.


The autobahn has a lower death rate than the US interstate. It's safer.
Yeah, the speed kills morons who prefer letting people who drive as well
as their dog out on the road will point to a spectactular crash for the
emotional reaction, much like you are doing, but the facts are the facts,
disciplined driving is safe driving.

I feel safer driving 100+mph on the autobahn than at any speed on a US
interstate. The predictability and discipline of drivers makes it a good
environment to drive, the speed is irrelevant.

> Second, you fail to take into account the broad spectrum of traffic
> flow patterns; ranging from dense metro traffic to sparse rural
> traffic.


You think Germany doesn't have such varied conditions? think again.

> You fail to take into account that each requires a totally
> different approach to driving.


As far as lane discipline, not at all. I do it in conditions people say
it's supposedly impossible in. I do so frequently. The reason they find
it impossible is because they don't want to try or just use it as a
crutch to defend their poor driving.

> What works in the city does not work in
> the country, and vice versa.


Bullshit. Only in places like the USA where disciplined driving is
practically unheard of is this true. In fact, the mentality of the USA is
to force non-scalable techniques that worked ok in rural Kansas in 1932 to
all conditions in the 21st century. This one of the reasons we have so
much congestion, especially on surface streets.

People are actually being taught to wait 2-3 seconds _after_ the car in
front of them gets moving to start moving themselves. So not only is
there a slinky effect from people not paying attention, it's actually
being encouraged to be made WORSE. This concept works in a town with 5
cars in it, but when there are 10s of vehicles that have to get through
each cycle, it fails miserably, people don't make it through and one
light starts backing up into the next.

In Germany, there is even heavier traffic using a road laid out in the
17th century, but with better flow because people are disciplined about
their driving and when the light turns green they all go practically at
the same moment, with near zero slinky effect.

> You fail to take into account the
> composition of the drivers; young, old, experience, new, etc.


As if the rest of the world doesn't have that.

> And you fail to note that the Autobahn is not without speed limits
> imposed as it approaches metropolitan zones. That 911 must slow down
> and comply with everyone else.


Did I mention speed limits? No. Some of it does have speed limits, but
you better still keep your ass to the right if you're not passing. The
speed is irrelevant, that's the point. The safety comes from disciplined
driving, not people driving willy-nilly and trying to make them go slow
enough so they don't hit each other too hard.

> Twenty years of law enforcement has shown me that there is a wide
> range of reasons for accidents. Lane discipline is only one factor.


Let me guess from the above, like most cops on revenue patrol you prefer
(because of what you've been taught) that we have a bunch of morons
driving around, hitting each other a lot, and trying to control the
degree of damage with a hopeless (but profitable) effort to make them go
slower.

This hasn't worked, it won't work, it will never work. Speed enforcement
with no effort paid towards disciplined driving just doesn't help
anything but the coffers of government. You cannot have safe
roadways where people are allowed to cut each other off, practice no lane
discipline, are unable to merge, accelerate, turn or brake but speed is
enforced sort-a-kinda-late-at-night etc.


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 19:01   #9 (permalink)
Spike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Two kinds of idiots

You are welcome to believe what you will. It's not worth the effort to
discuss the subject with someone who is locked into a single position
wherein any other position is rejected without investigation. I hope
you can retain that holier than thou attitude when a tractor trailer
rig is eating your 100+ vehicle.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:45:58 -0500, tetraethylleadREMOVETHIS@yahoo.com
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article <njv761tqk6mqtgjqiklemi2tvhor1rpgo0@4ax.com>, Spike wrote:
>> It's true, what you say, and yet, at the same time, it is a HUGE
>> oversimplification.

>
>No, it's not. lane discipline is very simple.
>
>> The Autobahn has drivers everyday who risk heavy fines by not
>> complying with lane discipline, and there are plenty of MAJOR
>> accidents, and scores of citations which bear this out.

>
>The autobahn has a lower death rate than the US interstate. It's safer.
>Yeah, the speed kills morons who prefer letting people who drive as well
>as their dog out on the road will point to a spectactular crash for the
>emotional reaction, much like you are doing, but the facts are the facts,
>disciplined driving is safe driving.
>
>I feel safer driving 100+mph on the autobahn than at any speed on a US
>interstate. The predictability and discipline of drivers makes it a good
>environment to drive, the speed is irrelevant.
>
>> Second, you fail to take into account the broad spectrum of traffic
>> flow patterns; ranging from dense metro traffic to sparse rural
>> traffic.

>
>You think Germany doesn't have such varied conditions? think again.
>
>> You fail to take into account that each requires a totally
>> different approach to driving.

>
>As far as lane discipline, not at all. I do it in conditions people say
>it's supposedly impossible in. I do so frequently. The reason they find
>it impossible is because they don't want to try or just use it as a
>crutch to defend their poor driving.
>
>> What works in the city does not work in
>> the country, and vice versa.

>
>Bullshit. Only in places like the USA where disciplined driving is
>practically unheard of is this true. In fact, the mentality of the USA is
>to force non-scalable techniques that worked ok in rural Kansas in 1932 to
>all conditions in the 21st century. This one of the reasons we have so
>much congestion, especially on surface streets.
>
>People are actually being taught to wait 2-3 seconds _after_ the car in
>front of them gets moving to start moving themselves. So not only is
>there a slinky effect from people not paying attention, it's actually
>being encouraged to be made WORSE. This concept works in a town with 5
>cars in it, but when there are 10s of vehicles that have to get through
>each cycle, it fails miserably, people don't make it through and one
>light starts backing up into the next.
>
>In Germany, there is even heavier traffic using a road laid out in the
>17th century, but with better flow because people are disciplined about
>their driving and when the light turns green they all go practically at
>the same moment, with near zero slinky effect.
>
>> You fail to take into account the
>> composition of the drivers; young, old, experience, new, etc.

>
>As if the rest of the world doesn't have that.
>
>> And you fail to note that the Autobahn is not without speed limits
>> imposed as it approaches metropolitan zones. That 911 must slow down
>> and comply with everyone else.

>
>Did I mention speed limits? No. Some of it does have speed limits, but
>you better still keep your ass to the right if you're not passing. The
>speed is irrelevant, that's the point. The safety comes from disciplined
>driving, not people driving willy-nilly and trying to make them go slow
>enough so they don't hit each other too hard.
>
>> Twenty years of law enforcement has shown me that there is a wide
>> range of reasons for accidents. Lane discipline is only one factor.

>
>Let me guess from the above, like most cops on revenue patrol you prefer
>(because of what you've been taught) that we have a bunch of morons
>driving around, hitting each other a lot, and trying to control the
>degree of damage with a hopeless (but profitable) effort to make them go
>slower.
>
>This hasn't worked, it won't work, it will never work. Speed enforcement
>with no effort paid towards disciplined driving just doesn't help
>anything but the coffers of government. You cannot have safe
>roadways where people are allowed to cut each other off, practice no lane
>discipline, are unable to merge, accelerate, turn or brake but speed is
>enforced sort-a-kinda-late-at-night etc.
>


Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 00:01   #10 (permalink)
Ralph Snart
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Two kinds of idiots



"Brent P" <tetraethylleadREMOVETHIS@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Cq2dnRkg7dGeev7fRVn-jg@comcast.com...
> In article <ta56615sat0r77lgjrsnqv07js186232ua@4ax.com>, RichA wrote:
>
>> who think
>> 40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.

>
> On a limited access highway where lane discipline is practiced, a wide
> speed variance is easy and safely delt with. Only in the USA is this a
> problem, because lane discipline is practically non-existant in much of
> the nation.
>
> Lane discipline is why a 911 and 2CV can be on the autobahn at the same
> time.
>


I have to agree. On I-25, the posted speed limit is 75, most people go
80-90, but there will ALWAYS be the assclown in the left lane going SLOWER
than the traffic, causing people to have to go into the right lane to pass
his/her sorry ass. These drivers are much greater hazards to the roads than
speeders or tailgaters. It's a pity that they can't be shot on sight.


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:54.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.