Water Wetter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 17:01   #1 (permalink)
Carl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Water Wetter

Anybody used it? Results?

Carl

99 v6 auto vert


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-02-2006, 18:01   #2 (permalink)
Garth Almgren
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Water Wetter

Around 1/2/2006 4:51 PM, Carl wrote:

> Anybody used it? Results?
>
> Carl


I've heard of several individuals here using it, and by all accounts it
works as advertised.


--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
| RAMFM Merchandise: http://www.cafeshops.com/ramfm |
\ ~~ Ventis secundis, tene cursum ~~ /
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 19:01   #3 (permalink)
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Water Wetter


"Carl" <carlsaiyed@REMOVE.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Y9edndfyqe47VyTenZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@comcast.com...
> Anybody used it? Results?


It's all I use during the summer in both the '69 Mustang and the '68
Ranchero. They went from running hot (overheating) to running warm. Straight
water wetter and distilled water.

Both engines are .060" overbores and run extremely hot if I use half
prestone/half water. Flushed the entire system and ran the other. Night and
day. Course you HAVE to switch back to half and half if there's even the
slight chance the block could freeze during the winter. I do it to the
Mustang even though it get's parked all winter. I'm not taking the chance.
Not with ~$9000 between the two motors.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 19:01   #4 (permalink)
cprice@here.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Water Wetter


I use it on my 1997 Cobra with apparently good results (96-98 cobra's
are notorious for having a marginal cooling system). The author of the
Mustang Performance Guide (vol 1 &2 ) recommended it in his books, and
he seemed to be spot on with the rest of his advice.

Garth Almgren wrote:

> Around 1/2/2006 4:51 PM, Carl wrote:
>
>
>>Anybody used it? Results?
>>
>>Carl

>
>
> I've heard of several individuals here using it, and by all accounts it
> works as advertised.
>
>

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 19:01   #5 (permalink)
Carl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Water Wetter

Thanks for the info. What about just adding the little bottle to my current
cooling system? It looks to be about a pint or a quart.

Carl


"66 6F HCS" <69ta_mustang@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:WsadnZ9bi8FIRiTeRVn-tg@comcast.com...
>
> "Carl" <carlsaiyed@REMOVE.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Y9edndfyqe47VyTenZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@comcast.com...
>> Anybody used it? Results?

>
> It's all I use during the summer in both the '69 Mustang and the '68
> Ranchero. They went from running hot (overheating) to running warm.
> Straight water wetter and distilled water.
>
> Both engines are .060" overbores and run extremely hot if I use half
> prestone/half water. Flushed the entire system and ran the other. Night
> and day. Course you HAVE to switch back to half and half if there's even
> the slight chance the block could freeze during the winter. I do it to the
> Mustang even though it get's parked all winter. I'm not taking the chance.
> Not with ~$9000 between the two motors.
> --
> Scott W.
> '66 HCS Mustang 289
> '68 Ranchero 500 302
> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> ThunderSnake #57
> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 19:01   #6 (permalink)
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Water Wetter


"Carl" <carlsaiyed@REMOVE.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:IsWdnb_JzLKbfSTenZ2dnUVZ_sCdnZ2d@comcast.com...
> Thanks for the info. What about just adding the little bottle to my
> current cooling system? It looks to be about a pint or a quart.


I would really only use it when you need the extra cooling. That's just me
though. I don't see any benefit during the winter in making your radiator
fluid run even cooler.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 20:01   #7 (permalink)
351CJ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Water Wetter


"66 6F HCS" <69ta_mustang@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:-NqdnSAw2fSzdSTenZ2dnUVZ_tednZ2d@comcast.com...
>
> "Carl" <carlsaiyed@REMOVE.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:IsWdnb_JzLKbfSTenZ2dnUVZ_sCdnZ2d@comcast.com...
>> Thanks for the info. What about just adding the little bottle to my
>> current cooling system? It looks to be about a pint or a quart.

>
> I would really only use it when you need the extra cooling. That's just me
> though. I don't see any benefit during the winter in making your radiator
> fluid run even cooler.
> --
> Scott W.
> '66 HCS Mustang 289
> '68 Ranchero 500 302
> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> ThunderSnake #57
> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/




That is what your thermostat is for? No?



  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 00:01   #8 (permalink)
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Water Wetter

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 16:51:58 -0800, "Carl"
<carlsaiyed@REMOVE.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Anybody used it? Results?
>
>Carl
>
>99 v6 auto vert
>

I put it in my '96 3.8..
It makes it run a "needle width" cooler..
Chuck (in SC)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:01   #9 (permalink)
66 6F HCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Water Wetter


"351CJ" <351CJ@msn.com> wrote
> That is what your thermostat is for? No?


Ah yes. What WAS I thinking. Man I was Soooooo tired when I typed that. I'm
running on about 10 hours sleep over the last 5 days. Half of it last night.

Some Muther Fugger swiped my wallet the other day so I've been covering my
ass and not sleeping from the stress, on top of the holidays and getting my
ass kicked at work.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289
'68 Ranchero 500 302
'69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
ThunderSnake #57
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:02   #10 (permalink)
Mark C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Water Wetter

"66 6F HCS" <69ta_mustang@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:WsadnZ9bi8FIRiTeRVn-tg@comcast.com...
>
> "Carl" <carlsaiyed@REMOVE.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Y9edndfyqe47VyTenZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@comcast.com...
>> Anybody used it? Results?

>
> It's all I use during the summer in both the '69 Mustang and the '68
> Ranchero. They went from running hot (overheating) to running warm.
> Straight water wetter and distilled water.
>
> Both engines are .060" overbores and run extremely hot if I use half
> prestone/half water. Flushed the entire system and ran the other. Night
> and day. Course you HAVE to switch back to half and half if there's even
> the slight chance the block could freeze during the winter. I do it to the
> Mustang even though it get's parked all winter. I'm not taking the chance.
> Not with ~$9000 between the two motors.
> --
> Scott W.


I wouldn't go over .030 overbore on a small block

--
Mark
--
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.







  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:26.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.