BB ford for sale - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2005, 14:01   #1 (permalink)
sharkysway2002@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
BB ford for sale

I have a 427FE complete with a holley street dominator alum. intake and
a holley 4 brl. carb. Also a ford trans. free with the BB $4,000.00

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-24-2005, 20:01   #2 (permalink)
WDSPoontang@screwgmailyoucan.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BB ford for sale


sharkysway2002@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a 427FE complete with a holley street dominator alum. intake and
> a holley 4 brl. carb. Also a ford trans. free with the BB $4,000.00


Details?

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 20:02   #3 (permalink)
Maximillian Rennquist
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BB ford for sale

Is it sold or did it turn out to be a 390 or something?

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 16:01   #4 (permalink)
sharkysway2002@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BB ford for sale


Maximillian Rennquist wrote:
> Is it sold or did it turn out to be a 390 or something? No its not sold yet and NO its not a 390 or something


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 18:01   #5 (permalink)
Maximillian Rennquist
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BB ford for sale

OK then, what are the details? You are asking 4 thousand for something
with virtually no information.

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 13:01   #6 (permalink)
sharkysway2002@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BB ford for sale

What do you need to know it's BBF 427FE complete with intake and carb
and a trans.

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 21:01   #7 (permalink)
Maximillian Rennquist
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BB ford for sale


sharkysway2002@gmail.com wrote:
> What do you need to know it's BBF 427FE complete with intake and carb
> and a trans.

Your never going to sell a 427 that way. I read your earlier messages,
and it was clear you really don't know what's going on. The heads you
have are common castings and are not specific to 427's. The intake is
non-original and "a trans" tells us nothing. You mentioned a Top Oiler,
but those were last made in '64 and you are claiming this is a '68
engine.
I see three possiblities here. One, you don't have this engine in your
possession and you are guessing your way through it and fishing for a
sucker. Two, you have a motor that has been put together from different
parts or is actually a 390. Three, you may have lucked onto an actual
W-code '68 427 engine, as they used 14-bolt H heads.
To sell this or any FE engine you must verify all the parts with
pictures. Buyers will want to know the block casting numbers and date
codes. Cross bolts must be present, but you can add these to any FE
block, so it is no guarantee. The size and condition of the bores are
critical to a thin-wall casting, so that has to be checked. The casting
number on the 7th throw of the crank has to match a 427. The rods must
have capscrews with a C6 part number. The heads need to be date code
verified. You did not even mention what tye of trans, which leads me to
consider possbilty number one. If its a stick, the input shaft
diameter, tailshaft housing type, RUG number, and shifter mounting
plate have to be verified. These parts don't grow on trees anymore so
you have to make an effort.
Nobody is going to shell out 4 grand on your word.

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:01   #8 (permalink)
351CJ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BB ford for sale


"Maximillian Rennquist" <WDSPoontang@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1133671253.487540.75110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>
> sharkysway2002@gmail.com wrote:
>> What do you need to know it's BBF 427FE complete with intake and carb
>> and a trans.

> Your never going to sell a 427 that way. I read your earlier messages,
> and it was clear you really don't know what's going on. The heads you
> have are common castings and are not specific to 427's. The intake is
> non-original and "a trans" tells us nothing. You mentioned a Top Oiler,
> but those were last made in '64 and you are claiming this is a '68
> engine.
> I see three possiblities here. One, you don't have this engine in your
> possession and you are guessing your way through it and fishing for a
> sucker. Two, you have a motor that has been put together from different
> parts or is actually a 390. Three, you may have lucked onto an actual
> W-code '68 427 engine, as they used 14-bolt H heads.
> To sell this or any FE engine you must verify all the parts with
> pictures. Buyers will want to know the block casting numbers and date
> codes. Cross bolts must be present, but you can add these to any FE
> block, so it is no guarantee. The size and condition of the bores are
> critical to a thin-wall casting, so that has to be checked. The casting
> number on the 7th throw of the crank has to match a 427. The rods must
> have capscrews with a C6 part number. The heads need to be date code
> verified. You did not even mention what tye of trans, which leads me to
> consider possbilty number one. If its a stick, the input shaft
> diameter, tailshaft housing type, RUG number, and shifter mounting
> plate have to be verified. These parts don't grow on trees anymore so
> you have to make an effort.
> Nobody is going to shell out 4 grand on your word.
>


Amen.


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 17:01   #9 (permalink)
sharkysway2002@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BB ford for sale

First of all i never claimed to be a ford buff thats why i came here
looking for help to id this motor not take smart ass shit from
you.Second of all if you did read my other mess. in my first one i put
in all the casting numbers i could find youd see that and i never said
it's a top oiler.And yes the motor is in my garage not your's to bad
for you,As far as the trans goes it's free so what do you care.The
motor will sell and the trans will go with it just not to you! I'm sure
if someone was interested they would come and see it and verify it
themselves before they buy it,dont you think??????DA and for the intake
i never said it was original i just said what was on it!!!!!!!!! HAVE A
NICE DAY MAXIMILLIAN

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 19:01   #10 (permalink)
David M
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BB ford for sale

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 15:15:04 -0800, sharkysway2002 rearranged some
electrons to form:

> First of all i never claimed to be a ford buff thats why i came here
> looking for help to id this motor not take smart ass shit from
> you.Second of all if you did read my other mess. in my first one i put
> in all the casting numbers i could find youd see that and i never said
> it's a top oiler.And yes the motor is in my garage not your's to bad
> for you,As far as the trans goes it's free so what do you care.The
> motor will sell and the trans will go with it just not to you! I'm sure
> if someone was interested they would come and see it and verify it
> themselves before they buy it,dont you think??????DA and for the intake
> i never said it was original i just said what was on it!!!!!!!!! HAVE A
> NICE DAY MAXIMILLIAN


Idiot.
Learn how to write and maybe people will take you seriously.

--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
T/S 53
sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 17 days 21:54

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:40.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.