Fastback Goes For 20 Grand - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 13:01   #1 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Fastback Goes For 20 Grand

And check out the bid history.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=6951960863

--
ThunderSnake #1
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2005, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
Bill Beyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fastback Goes For 20 Grand


"CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
news:240320051326448820%slither@fang.ford...
> And check out the bid history.
>
> http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=6951960863
>


That's insane.

--
TS#10


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 15:01   #3 (permalink)
MM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fastback Goes For 20 Grand


"CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
news:240320051326448820%slither@fang.ford...
> And check out the bid history.
>
> http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=6951960863
>


Yeah, saw that!

If I had 20K I'd be bidding on this bad puppy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4536118845

Trev.
TS#42


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 18:01   #4 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fastback Goes For 20 Grand

In article <GSG0e.12508$1S4.1312867@news.xtra.co.nz>, MM
<noe@toyotaxra.co.nz> wrote:

> "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
> news:240320051326448820%slither@fang.ford...
> > And check out the bid history.
> >
> > http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=6951960863
> >

>
> Yeah, saw that!
>
> If I had 20K I'd be bidding on this bad puppy.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4536118845


You realize that's just for the engine on the stand, which is not
even the engine in the car. Buyer beware!

>
> Trev.
> TS#42
>
>


--
ThunderSnake #1
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 20:01   #5 (permalink)
jfitch1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fastback Goes For 20 Grand


"CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
news:240320051819355679%slither@fang.ford...
> In article <GSG0e.12508$1S4.1312867@news.xtra.co.nz>, MM
> <noe@toyotaxra.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
> > news:240320051326448820%slither@fang.ford...
> > > And check out the bid history.
> > >
> > > http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=6951960863
> > >

> >
> > Yeah, saw that!
> >
> > If I had 20K I'd be bidding on this bad puppy.
> >
> >

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...item=453611884
5
>
> You realize that's just for the engine on the stand, which is not
> even the engine in the car. Buyer beware!
>


Also says the cammer bolts in with no modifications.

> >
> > Trev.
> > TS#42
> >
> >

>
> --
> ThunderSnake #1



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 20:01   #6 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fastback Goes For 20 Grand

In article <YpK0e.809$Mt5.801@fed1read01>, jfitch1 <jfitch1@cox.net>
wrote:

> "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
> news:240320051819355679%slither@fang.ford...
> > In article <GSG0e.12508$1S4.1312867@news.xtra.co.nz>, MM
> > <noe@toyotaxra.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> > > "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
> > > news:240320051326448820%slither@fang.ford...
> > > > And check out the bid history.
> > > >
> > > > http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=6951960863
> > > >
> > >
> > > Yeah, saw that!
> > >
> > > If I had 20K I'd be bidding on this bad puppy.
> > >
> > >

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...item=453611884
> 5
> >
> > You realize that's just for the engine on the stand, which is not
> > even the engine in the car. Buyer beware!
> >

>
> Also says the cammer bolts in with no modifications.


Yes, if you happen to be putting in a Boss 429 body. This is true.

>
> > >
> > > Trev.
> > > TS#42
> > >
> > >

> >
> > --
> > ThunderSnake #1

>
>


--
ThunderSnake #1
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:01   #7 (permalink)
Nosey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fastback Goes For 20 Grand


> You realize that's just for the engine on the stand, which is not
> even the engine in the car. Buyer beware!


And it's not very fresh. It has over 89 million miles on it. Must have been
one hell of a run-in period.
--
Ken
ThunderSnake #51


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 22:01   #8 (permalink)
Mark C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fastback Goes For 20 Grand

What's the difference? Does the boss 429 body have more room between the
shock towers?

--
Mark
--
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?".





"CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
news:240320051926085851%slither@fang.ford...
> In article <YpK0e.809$Mt5.801@fed1read01>, jfitch1 <jfitch1@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
>> news:240320051819355679%slither@fang.ford...
>> > In article <GSG0e.12508$1S4.1312867@news.xtra.co.nz>, MM
>> > <noe@toyotaxra.co.nz> wrote:
>> >
>> > > "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
>> > > news:240320051326448820%slither@fang.ford...
>> > > > And check out the bid history.
>> > > >
>> > > > http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=6951960863
>> > > >
>> > >
>> > > Yeah, saw that!
>> > >
>> > > If I had 20K I'd be bidding on this bad puppy.
>> > >
>> > >

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...item=453611884
>> 5
>> >
>> > You realize that's just for the engine on the stand, which is not
>> > even the engine in the car. Buyer beware!
>> >

>>
>> Also says the cammer bolts in with no modifications.

>
> Yes, if you happen to be putting in a Boss 429 body. This is true.
>
>>
>> > >
>> > > Trev.
>> > > TS#42
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> > --
>> > ThunderSnake #1

>>
>>

>
> --
> ThunderSnake #1



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:01   #9 (permalink)
Jason
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fastback Goes For 20 Grand


"Mark C." <mustango656@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:_tmdnV5kxvPCaNnfRVn-ig@comcast.com...
> What's the difference? Does the boss 429 body have more room between the
> shock towers?
>
> --


Yea the shock towers were trimmed back a few inches in off-site jobs by
Holman-Moody and then the front suspension, brakes and steering was
reworked to fit the new setup. A lot of Boss 9 parts are strictly Bosss 9
parts, partially because of this.

> Mark
> --
> I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
> what?".
>
>
>
>
>
> "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
> news:240320051926085851%slither@fang.ford...
> > In article <YpK0e.809$Mt5.801@fed1read01>, jfitch1 <jfitch1@cox.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
> >> news:240320051819355679%slither@fang.ford...
> >> > In article <GSG0e.12508$1S4.1312867@news.xtra.co.nz>, MM
> >> > <noe@toyotaxra.co.nz> wrote:
> >> >
> >> > > "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
> >> > > news:240320051326448820%slither@fang.ford...
> >> > > > And check out the bid history.
> >> > > >
> >> > > > http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=6951960863
> >> > > >
> >> > >
> >> > > Yeah, saw that!
> >> > >
> >> > > If I had 20K I'd be bidding on this bad puppy.
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...item=453611884
> >> 5
> >> >
> >> > You realize that's just for the engine on the stand, which is not
> >> > even the engine in the car. Buyer beware!
> >> >
> >>
> >> Also says the cammer bolts in with no modifications.

> >
> > Yes, if you happen to be putting in a Boss 429 body. This is true.
> >
> >>
> >> > >
> >> > > Trev.
> >> > > TS#42
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> > ThunderSnake #1
> >>
> >>

> >
> > --
> > ThunderSnake #1

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 08:01   #10 (permalink)
Mark C.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fastback Goes For 20 Grand

Jason. Will a 460 fit in a standard '70 fasback?

--
Mark
--
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?".





"Jason" <Jason@in'thome.com> wrote in message
news:rR91e.3873$Mt5.2435@fed1read01...
>
> "Mark C." <mustango656@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:_tmdnV5kxvPCaNnfRVn-ig@comcast.com...
>> What's the difference? Does the boss 429 body have more room between the
>> shock towers?
>>
>> --

>
> Yea the shock towers were trimmed back a few inches in off-site jobs by
> Holman-Moody and then the front suspension, brakes and steering was
> reworked to fit the new setup. A lot of Boss 9 parts are strictly Bosss 9
> parts, partially because of this.
>
>> Mark
>> --
>> I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
>> what?".
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
>> news:240320051926085851%slither@fang.ford...
>> > In article <YpK0e.809$Mt5.801@fed1read01>, jfitch1 <jfitch1@cox.net>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> >> "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
>> >> news:240320051819355679%slither@fang.ford...
>> >> > In article <GSG0e.12508$1S4.1312867@news.xtra.co.nz>, MM
>> >> > <noe@toyotaxra.co.nz> wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> > > "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
>> >> > > news:240320051326448820%slither@fang.ford...
>> >> > > > And check out the bid history.
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=6951960863
>> >> > > >
>> >> > >
>> >> > > Yeah, saw that!
>> >> > >
>> >> > > If I had 20K I'd be bidding on this bad puppy.
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> >>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...item=453611884
>> >> 5
>> >> >
>> >> > You realize that's just for the engine on the stand, which is not
>> >> > even the engine in the car. Buyer beware!
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >> Also says the cammer bolts in with no modifications.
>> >
>> > Yes, if you happen to be putting in a Boss 429 body. This is true.
>> >
>> >>
>> >> > >
>> >> > > Trev.
>> >> > > TS#42
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> > ThunderSnake #1
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> > --
>> > ThunderSnake #1

>>
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.