HISS ---> ALL SNAKES - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2005, 19:01   #1 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
HISS ---> ALL SNAKES

Has anyone ever issued a mass hiss before? Roll calls, right...

Add "all non-trolling regulars" and for that matter, "educated lurkers",
too. Ebay links will be ignored.

I NEED YOUR ON-TOPIC LINKS, PEOPLE!!! I plan to categorize this page
and do a neater table-driven format soon. We need some cultural and
movie links surrounding our on-topic rides.

Just dump your list to mailto:jello72@iwon.com, and if you remember,
post an "I sent you mine" up here. No prejudice or preference will be
imposed or given. No editorials will follow. Some of you have
undoubtedly read my "I got screwed; I hate these people" posts, but
whatever. I am not the judge and jury of anyone.

Thanks to you all!!!!

AHPBBFM links: http://tinyurl.com/a9qsx

TIA

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

AHPBBFM posting rules: http://tinyurl.com/ak694

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-13-2005, 05:01   #2 (permalink)
infieldg kiwi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISS ---> ALL SNAKES

Real nice page of links you have there. Better update Dave Williams'
link to the new one at http://www.bacomatic.org/~dw/index.htm, lot of
people love that site and I was just there tonight helping a guy id his
motor.

Yeah I'm still lurking, I visit ever now and then to refer a fresh lamb
to you guys for slaughter. I just referred a guy with an unused 20
year old 427 he wants to rebuild and needs an intake for so please be
nice to him, as usual I warned him that he may be eviscerated for not
knowing everything about his motor already (don't get me started on
that again, I hope you're mellowing with age lol).

Before I vanish a quick update on my motor for anyone interested in
400s, I'm waiting on my KB148 pistons to arrive from Summit, I realised
that the quench is more critical than I would ever have dreamt possible
so picked pistons where the dish mirrors the 4V quench chamber
perfectly. I'm going to zero deck them for 10.8:1 (and 0.38" quench
distance) which will require offsetting the rod bushes by 0.030" cos my
block's been decked a massive 0.077".

My 4V EFI intake manifold is basically done at last, all welded up,
plenty of finishing required on it but I'll look into the possibility
of having it mass produced, it should be quite a nice piece. It's based
on a Weiand x-celerator and ported spacer plates welded up with kinsler
bungs angled and precisely aimed at the valve centre lines with room
for a 30 degree spray to not touch the sides without airflow. The bungs
run through the join between spacer and manifold.

I've got some sexy ford blue vortech fuel rails, 30lb/hr FMS injectors,
A9L EEC-IV manual MAF computer and just need to pick up a Mallory 351W
pro billet dizzy which I'll have to put my cleveland bronze gear on, a
vortech maf sensor body with 19lb/hr to 30lb/hr adapter sample tube and
a throttle body.

I've bought an Aussie 1996 EF2 Fairmont Ghia to put it in, nice looking
car with full leather and all the fruit and veges. Should be a nice
slepper with a roller cammed efi 400 and 5-speed (thinking of going up
a couple of notches on the Crane roller, it's way too mild). I'll keep
the stock alloys and 205 ballon tyres as long as possible :)

Cheers guys, keep up the good work, you're the only body of people who
not only really know big block fords, but won't express an opinion
without knowledge - which you have by the truckload - and that's pure
gold.


Geoff "Kiwi" Infield
Wellington, New Zealand.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 13:01   #3 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISS ---> ALL SNAKES

infieldg kiwi wrote:
> Real nice page of links you have there. Better update Dave Williams'
> link to the new one at http://www.bacomatic.org/~dw/index.htm, lot of
> people love that site and I was just there tonight helping a guy id his
> motor.
>


Thanks, I will.

> Yeah I'm still lurking, I visit ever now and then to refer a fresh lamb
> to you guys for slaughter. I just referred a guy with an unused 20
> year old 427 he wants to rebuild and needs an intake for so please be
> nice to him, as usual I warned him that he may be eviscerated for not
> knowing everything about his motor already (don't get me started on
> that again, I hope you're mellowing with age lol).
>


Did he show up already? Was that the same one? If it was, seems like
he got the info he needed...

Things have gotten a bit tamer around here lately. We are buckling
down on OT posts and posters.

Thanks for stopping by. Come back again, and please refer any other BB
enthusiasts here. As you might see in the rules, cars without BB
engines are on-topic as well, provided you could get one from the
factory with a BB. Ya just can't talk about the SB itself. YEP.


> Before I vanish a quick update on my motor for anyone interested in
> 400s, I'm waiting on my KB148 pistons to arrive from Summit, I realised
> that the quench is more critical than I would ever have dreamt possible
> so picked pistons where the dish mirrors the 4V quench chamber
> perfectly. I'm going to zero deck them for 10.8:1 (and 0.38" quench
> distance) which will require offsetting the rod bushes by 0.030" cos my
> block's been decked a massive 0.077".
>
> My 4V EFI intake manifold is basically done at last, all welded up,
> plenty of finishing required on it but I'll look into the possibility
> of having it mass produced, it should be quite a nice piece. It's based
> on a Weiand x-celerator and ported spacer plates welded up with kinsler
> bungs angled and precisely aimed at the valve centre lines with room
> for a 30 degree spray to not touch the sides without airflow. The bungs
> run through the join between spacer and manifold.
>
> I've got some sexy ford blue vortech fuel rails, 30lb/hr FMS injectors,
> A9L EEC-IV manual MAF computer and just need to pick up a Mallory 351W
> pro billet dizzy which I'll have to put my cleveland bronze gear on, a
> vortech maf sensor body with 19lb/hr to 30lb/hr adapter sample tube and
> a throttle body.
>
> I've bought an Aussie 1996 EF2 Fairmont Ghia to put it in, nice looking
> car with full leather and all the fruit and veges. Should be a nice
> slepper with a roller cammed efi 400 and 5-speed (thinking of going up
> a couple of notches on the Crane roller, it's way too mild). I'll keep
> the stock alloys and 205 ballon tyres as long as possible :)
>
> Cheers guys, keep up the good work, you're the only body of people who
> not only really know big block fords, but won't express an opinion
> without knowledge - which you have by the truckload - and that's pure
> gold.
>
>
> Geoff "Kiwi" Infield
> Wellington, New Zealand.


You're not kidding about people knowing their stuff around here - and
no, I am not including myself in that assessment. I'm still a neophyte
=)

Thanks for popping in Geoff

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 21:01   #4 (permalink)
infieldg kiwi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISS ---> ALL SNAKES

Thanks number 65 :) I must spend more time here, especially with my
400 nearly injected, I'll have something almost intelligent to
contribute soon lol

Allowing discussion of BB type cars is a great idea, since they never
had an EFI 5.0 option the subject won't attract those annoying little
five-point-oh turds. Why do they talk like it's a big motor? I still
remember an episode of Cops a few years back where this cop yelled out
over the speaker to the guy he was chasing "Give it up buddy, I've got
a five-Oh!!!" like he should have given up on the spot and pulled over
in awe.... sigh.

Like the lady in the cheese ads says (in NZ anyway) - Bigger Blocks are
Better Value.

Catch yas!
Geoff.
Wellington, New Zealand.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
Wound Up
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISS ---> ALL SNAKES

infieldg kiwi wrote:
> Thanks number 65 :) I must spend more time here, especially with my
> 400 nearly injected, I'll have something almost intelligent to
> contribute soon lol
>


Good deal, and please do.

> Allowing discussion of BB type cars is a great idea, since they never
> had an EFI 5.0 option the subject won't attract those annoying little
> five-point-oh turds. Why do they talk like it's a big motor?


Hell if I know. And it's a 4.9, truth be told ;^)

I still
> remember an episode of Cops a few years back where this cop yelled out
> over the speaker to the guy he was chasing "Give it up buddy, I've got
> a five-Oh!!!" like he should have given up on the spot and pulled over
> in awe.... sigh.


LOL I remember that one. I watched a lot of them at one point. I found
it funny, too. "Ooh - a stock roller cam 5.0, please God, spare me thy
wrath!!!"

> Like the lady in the cheese ads says (in NZ anyway) - Bigger Blocks are
> Better Value.
>


Always!

> Catch yas!
> Geoff.
> Wellington, New Zealand.
>


Later on, Geoff. I'm jealous you're just now getting to late Spring!

BTW what is a liter of regular gas going for down there?

The lowest I've seen (in months actually) is currently $1.87 / gal.

I believe our Canadian Snake Stu recently said that regular was
C$0.85/L, in Toronto. I'm just curious what you guys are paying down
there, particularly because you're in the middle of the damned S.
Pacific!! =)

Let us know how your project is progressing. Please check in and ask
questions. There's a whole lot of intimate knowledge here of your
on-topic motor, and of related topics.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

AHPBBFM posting rules: http://tinyurl.com/ak694
AHPBBFM links page: http://tinyurl.com/a9qsx

Big Block is an Attitude

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:54.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.