HISSSS----> CJ - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 21:01   #1 (permalink)
STUK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
HISSSS----> CJ

Hey CJ,
Could you take a pic of any VIN stampings with Q or R's in them and post
them. Looking to see the font they use on them. Yeah it's a dumb stamping
question from my bud again. StuK

ThunderSnake#11


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2005, 23:01   #2 (permalink)
Jason
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISSSS----> CJ


"STUK" <BLOODYBRIGAND@TREBEK.COM> wrote in message
news:bJqdnfcJ8pUbE97fRVn-2w@golden.net...
> Hey CJ,
> Could you take a pic of any VIN stampings with Q or R's in them and post
> them. Looking to see the font they use on them. Yeah it's a dumb stamping
> question from my bud again. StuK
>
> ThunderSnake#11
>
>


That raises an eyebrow, making a over the top clone or what?


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:01   #3 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISSSS----> CJ

In article <xVM0e.850$Mt5.280@fed1read01>, Jason <Jason@in'thome.com>
wrote:

> "STUK" <BLOODYBRIGAND@TREBEK.COM> wrote in message
> news:bJqdnfcJ8pUbE97fRVn-2w@golden.net...
> > Hey CJ,
> > Could you take a pic of any VIN stampings with Q or R's in them and post
> > them. Looking to see the font they use on them. Yeah it's a dumb stamping
> > question from my bud again. StuK
> >
> > ThunderSnake#11
> >
> >

>
> That raises an eyebrow, making a over the top clone or what?
>
>


I agree. What's the deal? The Q or R would match the rest of a font.
Patrick paying you off to see if I really have what I claim to have?

--
ThunderSnake #1
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 12:01   #4 (permalink)
STUK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISSSS----> CJ

Gee, I never thought of that...? He could write a huge article about it and
expound ad nauseum. I could see the the subject line now.... < dream
sequence like music>

"Does CJ really have what it takes?"

Or

"Q & A on Q & R codes"

Actually there's nothing "immoral" about why I ask. I'm just trying to
compare the font of the stamping die to the actual Q and R to see if it is
correct. Mebee I'll get my bud to post pics of the marks so you can see if
they match rather than ask for you to take a pic or two.

StuK

ThunderSnake #11

Poopyhead #1



"CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
news:250320051025369438%slither@fang.ford...
> In article <xVM0e.850$Mt5.280@fed1read01>, Jason <Jason@in'thome.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "STUK" <BLOODYBRIGAND@TREBEK.COM> wrote in message
>> news:bJqdnfcJ8pUbE97fRVn-2w@golden.net...
>> > Hey CJ,
>> > Could you take a pic of any VIN stampings with Q or R's in them and
>> > post
>> > them. Looking to see the font they use on them. Yeah it's a dumb
>> > stamping
>> > question from my bud again. StuK
>> >
>> > ThunderSnake#11
>> >
>> >

>>
>> That raises an eyebrow, making a over the top clone or what?
>>
>>

>
> I agree. What's the deal? The Q or R would match the rest of a font.
> Patrick paying you off to see if I really have what I claim to have?
>
> --
> ThunderSnake #1



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 16:01   #5 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISSSS----> CJ

In article <JpadnQmwn4UF9NnfRVn-uQ@golden.net>, STUK
<BLOODYBRIGAND@TREBEK.COM> wrote:

> Gee, I never thought of that...? He could write a huge article about it and
> expound ad nauseum. I could see the the subject line now.... < dream
> sequence like music>
>
> "Does CJ really have what it takes?"


For all Patrick knows, my cars are all Hot Wheels.
>
> Or
>
> "Q & A on Q & R codes"
>
> Actually there's nothing "immoral" about why I ask.


Morality sucks. This is an ethics question.

> I'm just trying to
> compare the font of the stamping die to the actual Q and R to see if it is
> correct. Mebee I'll get my bud to post pics of the marks so you can see if
> they match rather than ask for you to take a pic or two.


Refresh my memory as to what these "marks" are. My R-codes are in
storage 15 miles from here, so it's not like I can walk out and snap
the pic.

CobraJet
>
> StuK
>
> ThunderSnake #11
>
> Poopyhead #1
>
>
>
> "CobraJet" <slither@fang.ford> wrote in message
> news:250320051025369438%slither@fang.ford...
> > In article <xVM0e.850$Mt5.280@fed1read01>, Jason <Jason@in'thome.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> "STUK" <BLOODYBRIGAND@TREBEK.COM> wrote in message
> >> news:bJqdnfcJ8pUbE97fRVn-2w@golden.net...
> >> > Hey CJ,
> >> > Could you take a pic of any VIN stampings with Q or R's in them and
> >> > post
> >> > them. Looking to see the font they use on them. Yeah it's a dumb
> >> > stamping
> >> > question from my bud again. StuK
> >> >
> >> > ThunderSnake#11
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >> That raises an eyebrow, making a over the top clone or what?
> >>
> >>

> >
> > I agree. What's the deal? The Q or R would match the rest of a font.
> > Patrick paying you off to see if I really have what I claim to have?
> >
> > --
> > ThunderSnake #1

>
>


--
ThunderSnake #1
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 17:01   #6 (permalink)
Carl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISSSS----> CJ

lets see if i can get the link right. this is what you are asking for
and is from my '68
http://webpages.charter.net/cpncopper/nomenplate.jpg


STUK wrote:
> Hey CJ,
> Could you take a pic of any VIN stampings with Q or R's in them and post
> them. Looking to see the font they use on them. Yeah it's a dumb stamping
> question from my bud again. StuK
>
> ThunderSnake#11
>
>


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 18:01   #7 (permalink)
one80out@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISSSS----> CJ

I'm really starting to worry about you guys' sanity. Or haven't you
noticed that every thread now incudes a reference to Patrick or me or
both? You're taking us much too seriously. You must have bumped your
noggins or lost your reading glasses or something. (I've heard from an
expert with 30 years in the field that showing scorn for others is
invariably the result of trauma like that.)

But don't worry about it. We're all just going to turn into dinosaurs
someday (I THINK I've got that right), so we might as well just burn,
rape, and pillage until then.

180 Out
TS 2

P.S. Limp Rick, while you're out there with your camera visiting what's
left of your rotting car collection, why don't you take a few snaps of
the cars, so we can all see how a cast-in-the-streets,
forged-on-the-strips sooper dooper muscle car expert maintains his
razor sharp fleet? That would be a lot better than a bunch of VIN tags
any day.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 18:01   #8 (permalink)
one80out@hotmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISSSS----> CJ

I'm really starting to worry about you guys' sanity. Or haven't you
noticed that every thread now incudes a reference to Patrick or me or
both? You're taking us much too seriously. You must have bumped your
noggins or lost your reading glasses or something. (I've heard from an
expert with 30 years in the field that showing scorn for others is
invariably the result of trauma like that.)

But don't worry about it. We're all just going to turn into dinosaurs
someday (I THINK I've got that right), so we might as well just burn,
rape, and pillage until then.

180 Out
TS 2

P.S. Limp Rick, while you're out there with your camera visiting what's
left of your rotting car collection, why don't you take a few snaps of
the cars, so we can all see how a cast-in-the-streets,
forged-on-the-strips sooper dooper muscle car expert maintains his
razor sharp fleet? That would be a lot better than a bunch of VIN tags
any day.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 19:01   #9 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISSSS----> CJ

In article <1111799722.554302.322500@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<one80out@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm really starting to worry about you guys' sanity. Or haven't you
> noticed that every thread now incudes a reference to Patrick or me or
> both? You're taking us much too seriously. You must have bumped your
> noggins or lost your reading glasses or something. (I've heard from an
> expert with 30 years in the field that showing scorn for others is
> invariably the result of trauma like that.)


I like it when things bother you. More warm-and-fuzzies.
>
> But don't worry about it. We're all just going to turn into dinosaurs
> someday (I THINK I've got that right), so we might as well just burn,
> rape, and pillage until then.


Finally! A ray of hope! Personally, I like to pillage first, then
rape, then burn the evidence. But whatever order turns you on, go for
it.

>
> 180 Out
>
>
> P.S. Limp Rick, while you're out there with your camera visiting what's
> left of your rotting car collection, why don't you take a few snaps of
> the cars, so we can all see how a cast-in-the-streets,
> forged-on-the-strips sooper dooper muscle car expert maintains his
> razor sharp fleet? That would be a lot better than a bunch of VIN tags
> any day.
>


Sure. Hold your breath so I'll hurry up with it, OK?

--
ThunderSnake #1
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 19:01   #10 (permalink)
CobraJet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: HISSSS----> CJ

In article <1111799851.310197.10860@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
<one80out@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm really starting to worry about you guys' sanity. Or haven't you
> noticed that every thread now incudes a reference to Patrick or me or
> both? You're taking us much too seriously. You must have bumped your
> noggins or lost your reading glasses or something. (I've heard from an
> expert with 30 years in the field that showing scorn for others is
> invariably the result of trauma like that.)
>
> But don't worry about it. We're all just going to turn into dinosaurs
> someday (I THINK I've got that right), so we might as well just burn,
> rape, and pillage until then.
>
> 180 Out
> TS 2
>
> P.S. Limp Rick, while you're out there with your camera visiting what's
> left of your rotting car collection, why don't you take a few snaps of
> the cars, so we can all see how a cast-in-the-streets,
> forged-on-the-strips sooper dooper muscle car expert maintains his
> razor sharp fleet? That would be a lot better than a bunch of VIN tags
> any day.
>


And this double-posting thing is just stupid. You may blame it on
Google if you want, but the fact that it happens night and day pretty
well proves that you don't have a job. Same machine.

Oopsy?

--
ThunderSnake #1
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 22:32.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.